Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp 2.0 Needs More Work

Epicagemo

There are a few people who have figured out how to use banned weapons... I saw one guy with a Tonbo...

Also Paris Prime probaly needs to be banned for the moment... ONE SHOTS. I'm proficient with hitting people with the bow, it one shots on a half charge. With full charge, i can hold it while running...

Gram seems to wreck every other weapon with tempo royale... though heavy deserves to be strong.

I've seen spawn campers... Need an invulnerability timer when respawning.

Also Paris Prime probaly needs to be banned for the moment... ONE SHOTS. I'm proficient with hitting people with the bow, it one shots on a half charge. With full charge, i can hold it while running...

It should one shot because it takes skill to use a bow effectively, it is just that other weapon's TTK suck at the moment.

It should one shot because it takes skill to use a bow effectively, it is just that other weapon's TTK suck at the moment.

Nothing should ever one shot someone unless you have ample warning of it's impact. A warning light, a more noticable projectile, a sound of it's passage, something. No I'm not saying stick a light on the bows, what I'm saying is it should have something.

Nothing should ever one shot someone unless you have ample warning of it's impact. A warning light, a more noticable projectile, a sound of it's passage, something. No I'm not saying stick a light on the bows, what I'm saying is it should have something.

It does, it has a trail (last I remember), so if your enemy misses you, you can see the trail and mow him down (well, mow him down assuming the TTK is good, which it is too high at the moment).

Definitely needs more work on balance, I was kinda surprised that you still require the weapons yourself. Makes sense ofcourse but from a balance perspective I thought the idea is that everyone is using the same guns. Sure braton and such is only credits but it still seems odd to me, as it happens I have 0 available melees and as such it defaults me to ichors.

Ofcourse people are smuggling in every weapon and frame under the sun too which doesnt help in the slightest. I honestly wouldve preferred they stick to just the basic weapons and frames in the hands of the players first. Internal testing is good but I think they added too much too quickly. As dull as the starter weapons can become once the novelty of using them again wears off, they would atleast be well balanced.

Have say braton as hitscan auto rifle, boltor as projectile autorifle but higher damage to compensate and then latron as highest damage. Could similarly have lato, kunai and lex for secondary. I'm surprised theyre already allowing weapons such as the paris prime, and the paris prime isnt even via the bug, its just in there.

Aside from that I see potential in the system as it is now, unless conclave which to me was a lost cause from the start, I'm not a pvp player and conclave didnt change my mind what so ever but this new gamemode seems like a bit of fun when I fancy a change. I don't think I'll be touching it much until it gets a solid balance pass and bugfix though.

Edited by Jag272

I think the game mode is really fun, once the bugs are fixed it might not be so bad. Right now too many people are abusing the bug and going in with gear that ruins the entire match so its hard to tell how balanced the gear were supposed to use actually is.

There is as long as you don't move 5 sec.

that is false, or at least not working as intended, i just tried standing still after joining a sesion, i could already see my shield destroyed in the very moment i could see the match, one second after that i was dead, that was like 3 seconds since i was in the game

Edited by rockscl

that is false, or at least not working as intended, i just tried standing still after joining a sesion, i could already see my shield destroyed in the very moment i could see the match, one second after that i was dead, that was like 3 seconds since i was in the game

This is a known bug, you load in visibile for other people on the map but can't see yourself yet.

Does anyone else has the feeling Rhino and Frost were thrown into the PvP mode in last minute. Okay not really last minute, but only having a week or so to put them in?

I'm wondering because Mag, Volt and Excalibur seem to be relative well balanced for the mode and all their augment mods need to be unlocked via the PvP master first by earning syndicate points with him.

However Frost and Rhino can use Syndicate mods from the main mode. Not only does that put Excal and co. into a disadvantage right from the star, Iron Shrapnell in particular is heavily unbalanced.

It allows to turn Iron Skin, which was allready too strong at the start, into AoE attack with enough power to kill a player in one hit and if not for that throw them back.

The overall energy cost is exactly like that of ults, but unlike all the other ults it has nearly no cast time and if you don't use it, you still have the highly usefull iron skin.

So overall that looks to me like they didn't had enough time to create PvP specific augment mods for Rhino and Frost. Which of course now heavily unbalances the game mode.

I think they should have stuck with the starter three Warframes and perhaps Chroma, who is possibly only in from the start to promote him or because the team had a chance to balance him while he was being developed.

Again just a feeling, but these two stick out as odd.

Edited by Othergrunty