Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Continue To Stealth Nerf Things?

tehgreg

Seriously, why? Do you really expect that people who play this game for many hours a day will not discover some of things that you have changed? Ranging from the most obvious ones - credits nerfs to adding duration to Vauban's bounce. Someone has also reported that firerate of certain semi-auto weapons is hardcapped as well, crits weapons are dealing less damage now and many many others.

I'm sure you've probably managed to add some changes that will go unnoticed but why do you continue to change things without telling your playerbase?

"Oh, I'm sure no one will notice that, let's nerf something and hope for the best."

If you suspect that your playerbase will not like the change you want to introduce then you shouldn't do it in the first place. I know that it is your game and you can do whatever you want with it but please understand that such actions (stealth nerfs) will not make your playerbase happy.

Why does a quadruped lubricate his reproductive organs?

Because he can.

Sorry, dude.  You get yourself used to something, and then DE changes it, and for a time yer stuck.  But just to be clear, DE doesn't ask anybody's permission for the changes they make.  So it isn't just you.

And I can tell you don't use Google's Chrome browser or Gmail.  'Cuz if you did, you'd be used to this kind of behavior.

yeah right. its funny how only the nerfs are unintentionally left out of patch notes. sorry im not buying it. They have lost my trust

Or that's just what was noticed. 

(PS doesn't that make sense? You have a piece of paper with all the nerfs written on it to be put into patch notes that you lose?)

yeah right. its funny how only the nerfs are unintentionally left out of patch notes. sorry im not buying it. They have lost my trust

I would believe them on the stealth nerfs if they didn't right out lie about Excal's Radial Jav being LoS as originally intended. I don't have the quote on me, but in the original description when they launched the Excal buff they stated you could kills enemies even behind cover. That really has my trust shaken in all truth.

What's more believable to you; that they forgot to include something in the patch notes, or that they honestly believed people playing the game wouldn't notice when they change something? 

If you're used to people thinking you're an idiot, well... 

Edited by Acos

They listed the gammacor and they listed the RJ thing(with a huge explaining paragraph), so neither was left out. Yet, both are nerfs.

Perhaps you just don't notice the "buffs" they unintentionally leave in. Like when transmutation started making impossible mods, or when they swapped rare and regular resource drop rates.

"Oh, but they fixed those!" Well, yeah. The same goes for the nerfs.

Its their game and they don't really care about asking for your permission. They do it for the overall health of the game. Or that they had a huge work order of things and didn't think adding some stuff in wouldn't hurt.

I love a good, therapeutic dev bashing as much as anyone else, but sometimes you have to put yourself into their shoes and understand that when you are trying to release a HUGE product out that takes a HUGE cooperation from multiple departments they will not be able to cater to everyones desires. And sometimes they miss out on stuff, whether it is intentional or accidental is a philosophical debate.

Forest for the trees.

What's more believable to you; that they forgot to include something in the patch notes, or that they honestly believed people playing the game wouldn't notice when they change something? 

More important question:

Which is more believable:

That your opinion is important enough to them for them to intentionally lie to you, but your continued playing is meaningless enough to them to risk doing so

OR

They goofed.

You know about a toad and boiling water? Raise temperature slowly and toad will never notice... Many things changed, are we boiling now? Not yet?