Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Petition For Those Disappointed By What U16 Did To Synoid Gammacor

rarteaga1975

Guess I'm signing, because while I agree the weapon definitely needed some adjusting this was a bit overboard. Even with an ammo mutation mod I have a hard time keeping up ammo now. 

Taking a weapon from very viable to not at all isn't balance, its just overkill. 

Edited by Cubewano

Is it too much to ask for the damage to have been lowered and the ammo efficiency left alone? Seems odd that the upgrade does less damage per ammo and uses more ammo per second than the base version. Honestly, if you return the ammo and fire rate to the old value, but keep the damage at 45%-30% of the original damage! it'd be fine.

(Sorry to edit your post,didn't want to post another reply xd)

Edit by Dafire:the SG is still better than the Gammacor,only the SG is a burst weapon and G is a continuous one

It happened with many weapons considered godlike in the past like acrid and others,you should thank DE didn't nerf the brakk too while they were at it,the nerf will NOT be reverted,now move on as the community has done many times before

I've started a petition that I would like to bring to the attention of Digital Extremes once we get enough signatures. This will be to let them know how disappointed we are in what they've done to the Synoid Gammacor with the release of U16 in the hopes of restoring its former glory with our overwhelming support. If you're in opposition to this then by all means please ignore this thread and by direct result the ensuing petition. If you're indifferent because you didn't care for the SG then please consider that your favorite weapon may be next on the slate for uh..."re-balancing". How would you feel then?

Thanks in advance to anyone who cares enough to affect a little change for the sake of our happiness.  Even if it is just a video game!

Roger

One last thought, if anyone has ideas of anything we might add to the petition to make our case stronger feel free to let me know either here or in the discussion section of ipetitions and make sure to tell your friends and like minded clan mates.

you have got to be joking.....  its just a game! chill out 

Is it too much to ask for the damage to have been lowered and the ammo efficiency left alone? Seems odd that the upgrade does less damage per ammo and uses more ammo per second than the base version. Honestly, if you return the ammo and fire rate to the old value, but keep the damage at 45%-30% of the original damage! it'd be fine.

(Sorry to edit your post,didn't want to post another reply xd)

Edit by Dafire:the SG is still better than the Gammacor,only the SG is a burst weapon and G is a continuous one

Oh I get that it does more damage, my point is simply, why change it in such a way. Can we not just let the SG be a continuous but nerf the damage back down? At least personally, I picked it up because I love beam weapons that I can rely on to last a long time. Now... I don't know if I'd use it over my Telos Akbolto or Lex Prime even. It just isn't reliable for extended periods. Edited by DeejayPwny

They already got used to it and don't like change in that regard, that's where all the complaint- and whine-threads are rooted in.

Eventually, they will consider fixes to be 'nerfs'.

Your propensity to post in said topics with the fervour and frequency that you do seems counter to your sentiment, then.

Like the countless replies in this topic from multiple people (not to the OP, to the other posters) screaming the equivalent of "no more OP! Burn the gammacor! BURN THEM ALL!" when the majority of the people they're quoting are of the belief that the gammacor DID need a nerf to bring it line with other secondaries, but the adjustments that were made were too excessive in certain aspects. But they'd already know that if they read more than the words "Synoid Gammacor" before their vision flooded red and air raid sirens started wailing in their heads.

Just put an ammo mod on it and deal with it.

Why would he ??? your argument makes no sense read the ''hidden nerfed list before you type FFS people like you are the reason community is becoming like poison full of uneducated ''new player'' even worse if u are older player and u still dont understand last NERFES.

Why would he ??? your argument makes no sense read the ''hidden nerfed list before you type FFS people like you are the reason community is becoming like poison full of uneducated ''new player'' even worse if u are older player and u still dont understand last NERFES.

"This will be to let them know how disappointed we are in what they've done to the Synoid Gammacor with the release of U16 in the hopes of restoring its former glory with our overwhelming support"

What DE did in U16 was change the damage and fire rate.

Because the main issue is ammo... if you want to keep using the gun - get an ammo mod. It got its dps lowered a bit and the ammo economy lessened, however you can still kill with it, it has high damage. Use the weapon in bursts. It was already over powered with laze-and-glace fire forever type of play.

If you're an older more educated player you could easily find your way to check my info and see for yourself my background  in this game.

Everyone is complaining about the Sudacor, and I'm just sitting here bummed out that semi-autos got nerfed across the board. At least the Sudacor gets to keep its damage at the cost of more ammo spent. My Telos is crying at its capped fire rate.

Everyone is complaining about the Sudacor, and I'm just sitting here bummed out that semi-autos got nerfed across the board. At least the Sudacor gets to keep its damage at the cost of more ammo spent. My Telos is crying at its capped fire rate.

That pretty much only affects macro users. I doubt you can find many people who can click over 10 times a second.

That pretty much only affects macro users. I doubt you can find many people who can click over 10 times a second.

It's not like the mouse wheel isn't a bindable key featured in the game or anything. I guess it wasn't what DE intended when they made it then. I wonder if it's the same case with the Sudacor?

It's not like the mouse wheel isn't a bindable key featured in the game or anything. I guess it wasn't what DE intended when they made it then. I wonder if it's the same case with the Sudacor?

You're comparing apples and oranges. Hard to compare a semi-auto to an auto when people would only use a macro with one and not the other.

Ammo mutation makes your primary unusable during longer missions - I thought the idea of the nerf was to make it so people didn't just use synoid and actually switched their weapons... this forces just that. Just bring its damage in line with other high tier secondaries, then revert the previous nerf to the syndicate proc, to compensate for its limited range - simple.

When the Gammacor originally gott buffed and I saw what people were doing with it I was all like " Oh.. wow, really..?Thats lame.."

A seemingly infinitely sustained laser, that insta-melts everything, that requires NO skill to aim..well cause its a sustained laser.
As soon as I saw that I made a concerted effort to grind out Cephalon so I could hurry up and seel it to some sucker for a large ammount of plat.

Theres NO WAY anybody that uber'd up the Synoid Gammacor did'nt know or feel like they went cheesing.

"Oh No's, my cheese weapon aint cheesin anymore!!!"

All that being said, I really did'nt care weather they nerfed it or not, it's no skin off my nose how others wanna play or what weps they use.

But the OP's statement about playstyle did bring me a chuckle.. cause the only playstyle I associated with the Gammacor was cheese.

Ammo mutation makes your primary unusable during longer missions - I thought the idea of the nerf was to make it so people didn't just use synoid and actually switched their weapons... this forces just that. Just bring its damage in line with other high tier secondaries, then revert the previous nerf to the syndicate proc, to compensate for its limited range - simple.

I like where your head is at right here.  That along with everyone who has been open minded about what's happened to the SG and how it may have swung too far in the opposite direction.  Realistically sure, it was WAY overpowered but hot dog was it fun!  I think I could see myself being happy with another adjustment that brought up the base damage (significantly...like bring it back to about 50% of pre-U16) and lowered the amount of ammo you throw down range.