Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Petition For Those Disappointed By What U16 Did To Synoid Gammacor

rarteaga1975

Here's why it was nerfed: Enough people had spent platinum on the thing (inventory space, tater, formas maybe) that DE knew most people were more or less done building it. So they nerfed it in preparation for the next overpowered secondary. That's how Power Creep works. DE will keep repeating this cycle (and it's been going for a long time, namely since Formas were introduced). There will never be balance, because then people will stop spending money on whatever shiny new thing DE craps out and gives to you as 'content'.

These are the same people who, shortly before data-mining was hindered via encryption, nerfed Forma drop-rate down to like, 0.67% or lower on one update back in U9 I think, claimed it was dilution, data-miners found out the truth and put it out on the forums and my god, the entire forums exploded with so much rage that within 3 hours, DE_Sheldon had to come onto the forums, apologize to everyone over the deception, and then to placate everyone after changing the drop-rate values back, gave every one 50 platinum. That's how DE does things, the stealth nerfs are nothing new, not at all, and as always, when caught, they offer up any kind of excuse to calm you guys down and never use full documented patch notes.

Yup, sadly you're not going to get much sympathy here. Though I think the nerf went a bit too far (5x ammo consumtion would of been more workable) the weapon was insane and needed re-balancing.

On a side note, ran the raid the other day and the entire raid (sans me) were all using the Vaykor Marelok... all hail the new reinstated king.

This, so much. I would have been happy with a 30-50% base damage reduction, leaving the other stats as they were. Gammacor does 50? Make the Synoid Gammacor do 120. A flat, simple, easy upgrade from those going from one to the other if they enjoyed the weapon.

Now vaykor erryday- until U17, of course.

This, so much. I would have been happy with a 30-50% base damage reduction, leaving the other stats as they were. Gammacor does 50? Make the Synoid Gammacor do 120. A flat, simple, easy upgrade from those going from one to the other if they enjoyed the weapon.

Now vaykor erryday- until U17, of course.

You uh... you realize that the damage was actually untouched, right? The math is just a little different now is all.

The previous damage was 210. The current damage is 28, but the firerate was also increased 7.5x. 28 x 7.5 = 210. It's literally the same amount -- all that was lost was sustained damage.

The sky is not falling. Your gun is still usable. You just have to actually swap weapons every now and then so you can build the ammo back up.

Your gun is still usable.

Most guns in the game are usable and can kill. Some people just don't like to actually pick targets or to leave the trigger alone for a second or two.

In fact, SG hasn't been nerfed, it's been *fixed*. It was plain broken.

I agree it needed a nerf, but they went a bit overboard with it. even with an ammo mutation you run out of ammo way too fast now mainly because it´s damage per second. if it was a normal gun you'd be spending 15 ammo per shot and that's without any mods (like lethal torrent, a staple in secondaries). It just doesn't seem like it because its a constant drain instead of an immediate drain on ammo. they need to reach a middle ground for it to really be balanced.

Every weapon in the game needs to be balanced, there cant be a PERFECT weapon.

But don't you see? OP and his subscribers (okay there are none)... want the "one weapon to rule them all". Which is... not what reasonable players want, but according to the many whine-threads and -posts there's a good portion among the players who *do* want broken stuff.

Simple work around well mostly workaround, did Syn Gam and Melee 30min T1 Surv no Primary (Solo):

Catalyst

~ and Y  Polarities (1 of each)

My Current Fit after change:

Hornet Strike R9

Lethal Torrent - Maxed

Barrel Diffusion - Maxed

Pistol Ammo Mutations - Maxed

Pistol Gambit - Maxed

Target Cracker - Maxed

Trick Mag - Maxed