Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Self-Stagger

CapricaSix

Everytime the Effigy is disabled, there's this retracting animation that completely staggers your character and stops him from doing whatever he was doing. It's pretty infuriating if you use that power often enough and I'd like to see it gone. The enemies stagger us quite enough, no need to stagger ourselves on top of that... Just make the pelt re-attach to chroma silently and peacefully :P

I'll probably use Chroma as mastery fodder unless this annoying stagger effect is taken care of, and throw him aside as soon as he's maxed out, it's just that annoying, for me at least. Also some kind of warning regarding the timeout of Effigy would've been nice too, whether it's the duration of the power or range thats stopping it.

That is all.

Your going to stop using a frame because of a single 0.50 second animation?

Yep, because it's annoying and I got better WFs that can stay mobile without getting screwed by their own abilities. Problem?

I use it as an insurance against knockdown as you're immune to CC during its duration. Like pop effigy, run around, and pop it back on me when a gunner slams me. No knockdown! Pop effigy in her face, roll away, and continue to butcher.

I mainly use it as a god-mode turret; jump into the crowd, deploy and escape, watch them burn. Then of course get staggered in the midst of another large enemy group as you're fighting because the pelt decided to come back, ruining your pace and probably getting you hurt or killed where you would've normally sliced all around you. 0.50s or not, staggering effect is what's annoying.

The pelt will only reattach itself if you run out of energy, recall it, or it dies. I've had it meandering around for nearly a full 20 minutes if not longer in low level survival because nothing could kill it. Keep it safe and it won't get back in your way until you want it to. Now, that said, it'd be great if they put a percentage on top of the ability icon like Rhino's Iron Skin to show us how close he is to dying.

The pelt will only reattach itself if you run out of energy, recall it, or it dies. I've had it meandering around for nearly a full 20 minutes if not longer in low level survival because nothing could kill it. Keep it safe and it won't get back in your way until you want it to. Now, that said, it'd be great if they put a percentage on top of the ability icon like Rhino's Iron Skin to show us how close he is to dying.

True, that would've helped quite a bit. Also I had no idea it even had it's own health, thought it was more of a duration/range issue. Although I still would've liked the stagger gone, it might be more bearable if we saw that it's about to re-attach.

Also cheers for being civil and proper about it, some people should take example and not treat Feedback as GD.

We'll just add it to the list of things that would make Chroma significantly less crap

And here i was sure he was a great frame (except for that +credits buff which is pointless).

I'll put it right under 'make spectral scream a slightly useful ability against anything other than a stray mosquito'

some small damage + stun immunity  + 50% stat chance for: Fear+Fire DoT, Electrical Stun, Slow/Fire Rate down or Multi Layered Poison DoT ?

how the hell you find that bad? 

also chroma has a big energy pools, how do you manage to spent it all without noticing mine lasts for over a minute

also chroma has a big energy pools, how do you manage to spent it all without noticing mine lasts for over a minute

Well, like seppucrow said, apparently it can die and return to you even if you don't run out of energy, news to me too but that'd explain it.

And here i was sure he was a great frame (except for that +credits buff which is pointless).

some small damage + stun immunity  + 50% stat chance for: Fear+Fire DoT, Electrical Stun, Slow/Fire Rate down or Multi Layered Poison DoT ?

how the hell you find that bad? 

It gives immunity to CC but everything else about it does not make it worth using at any decent level.

Its damage is small and the status effects are not worth the time.

I mainly use it as a god-mode turret; jump into the crowd, deploy and escape, watch them burn. Then of course get staggered in the midst of another large enemy group as you're fighting because the pelt decided to come back, ruining your pace and probably getting you hurt or killed where you would've normally sliced all around you. 0.50s or not, staggering effect is what's annoying.

i don't think you're using him as intended, hes not god mode since he receives damage, and hes not supposed to hold positions alone since he can't avoid damage and only got 8k health.

your counter will be "i can use him however i want", to which mine is "you cant complain if hes not suited to whatever use you decided to give him on your own volition".

edit: someone else already said this sorry

Edited by Edgedemon

i don't think you're using him as intended, hes not god mode since he receives damage, and hes not supposed to hold positions alone since he can't avoid damage and only got 8k health.

your counter will be "i can use him however i want", to which mine is "you cant complain if hes not suited to whatever use you decided to give him on your own volition".

Not at all, and despite how it looks I'm not here to argue really, just expressing that I really dislike the self-stagger effect and that it's incredibly unnecessary, maybe poor but still valid feedback. And yeah now I know that the pelt takes damage, but still no reason for the stagger.

Give Effigy an HP% indicator like Iron Skin and call it a day. That's plenty enough information to let the player time their slide to not get stunned.

It'd be a nice workaround at the very least.

But why does it have to stagger in the first place? It's not like it only staggers when it's damaged enough, it's just the animation they picked for it. Just like how incredibly slow Shadows of the Dead was before they changed it, but even that could be still made faster with Natural Talent. Effigy's re-attaching staggering animation just feels "off" in my opinion just like how Mesa casts Peacemaker 1-2 secs slower when the host is lagging (yet it makes all the difference if you're using it often enough).

I don't know, maybe I'm nitpicking, maybe it looks "cool" to most people that there's such an impact on pelt re-attaching itself to chroma out of nowhere so hard that it punches a hole in his back, I just don't see why do we need a tiny wrench like that thrown into our fast-paced shooter fun, it's a bit like throwing a boomerang and catching it with the back of your head.

Guess I'm the only one annoyed by this then, (and that other person who +1'd me :P). Ah well.

It gives immunity to CC but everything else about it does not make it worth using at any decent level.

Its damage is small and the status effects are not worth the time.

no direct damage ability scales well ask ember, frost and volt about it all that's worth beyond 20 are the procs.

but wait thats just his first ability, second gives some fun effects like:

you and your allies link damage back to closest enemy with electrical  or +100 armor and enemies who attack you from range have a chance for taking the same damage themselves and a chance to get cold with ice, or getting reduced stamina consumption(more melee and run longer) and poisoning melee attackers (Saryn should have that too) with poison.

his third can make you as resilient as Valkyr with +1% armor for each point of shield lost (up to +350% which is around 1200 armor same as valkyr with maxed steel fiber), AND give you +1% damage for each point of life lost (up to +250% and if you enabled in time you will lose that health while you have 81% damage reduction too) which makes him the ultimate berseker. 

also the last skill has a stun radial like Banshee.

Give Effigy an HP% indicator like Iron Skin and call it a day. That's plenty enough information to let the player time their slide to not get stunned.

sounds like a good suggestion you should make a post or add it to the mega thread that should be around somewhere