Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Tenno Are Now Made Out Of Normal Flesh?!

DofD

Honestly, whilst the jury is out on specifics (and how reputable the source is is debatable), there's certainly some organic components going on.

However, as I've said several times before, I'm of the view it's as done in Eclipse Phase: Warframes are a full purpose made body to specific ends, Tenno functioning as the dominating/migrating consciousness between differing frames. What isn't akin to Eclipse Phase is my suspicion that a Warframe has some manner of 'being' to it, instinctual or not as the case may be, leading to why a Tenno spending time with the frame isn't gaining 'experience' but Affinity; a sense of familiarity with it. It's also this Affinity for why some Tenno get on better with some frames than others, even if they've used them all the same amount; you can't be on good terms with everyone you know or meet to the same degree.

Of course, I am biased towards symbiosis concepts along with post-human concepts, so I won't deny that I've got my interpretation of standing lore and information due to these biases. I can see how it could be different, naturally but honestly I just find it 'closer to home' to see it this way...which admittedly says interesting things for my perception of self.

Even this picture, official or not, is perfectly within bounds simply because that sinew would just be that of the Warframe itself, as I imagine it to be.

All the Lotus' comments towards Warframes and Tenno, in singular contexts, are implicit of respecting them both yet in separate ways. "Use them well" type stuff for Warframe comments, whilst discussing Zanuka as a "Blasphemy" to the Tenno "Sacred Power".

End of the day? Jury's still out, but the Lore discussions, so long as it doesn't get offensive or dismissive are interesting to observe and follow. So long as the lore can reasonably and logically used to support any one standing theory, that is a perfectly valid interpretation until further lore calls that interpretation into doubt; mono-Tenno theory has gotten more support than Poly in the quests since Limbo and onwards, for example.

Whatever's going on...relax and enjoy building up a narrative that works.

... Did you even watch the Tombs of the Sentients teaser trailer?

Not one of the Sentients was even slightly beast-like.

What exactly those were is a little up for debate, we ought to wait for an official release before stamping anything down as fact based on readings in that trailer. I'm inclined to agree with you, but it's currently a bit unclear.

What exactly those were is a little up for debate, we ought to wait for an official release before stamping anything down as fact based on readings in that trailer. I'm inclined to agree with you, but it's currently a bit unclear.

True that. Those things could also be unmanned drones of some kind, but the style is unlike the Corpus or Grineer.

In any case, Chroma wears a slab of raw steak that was run over by an oil tanker and can transform into one badass sentry. Case closed!

Ordis' end quote in Limbo Theorem confirms otherwise.

A direct statement from an in-game character at the end of an in-game story. We ARE a singular Tenno wearing multiple frames, as far as the game story is confirmed.

How many times should I remind you that line was taken out? Just go and check the Mesa update patch notes.ñ

Not that I disagree Tenno are humans beneath the warframes but nothing actually confirms your belief we're a single tenno.

Edited by RahuStalker

True that. Those things could also be unmanned drones of some kind, but the style is unlike the Corpus or Grineer.

In any case, Chroma wears a slab of raw steak that was run over by an oil tanker and can transform into one badass sentry. Case closed!

Oh yeah, they're DEFINITELY a new thing, and I'm sure they're connected to the Sentient in some way (although someone DID point out their design has elements of the Orokin symbolism - seen on the Ancient Infested Crests and the Orokin symbol in the Codex) but WHAT, exactly, requires further examination.

Doesnt the Mag Prime entry mention Sentients using wyrm based technology?

"The counless articulating worm ships of our enemy"

What? Yeah, that's probably referencing the fact that those are actual spaceships travelling through dimensional wormholes or something technical like that. It has nothing to do with... Wyrm O.o

How many times should I remind you that line was taken out? Just go and check the Mesa update patch notes.

Didn't I already prove you wrong about that?

https://youtu.be/GGmyB73lkTw?t=31m40s

Still says "when you occupy this frame", and skip a little bit back in the video, say, to https://youtu.be/GGmyB73lkTw?t=30m25s and you see he's using Mesa, the same frame that was released in the patch this quote was "supposedly" removed, as per your own admittance and confirmation by the patch notes: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Update_15#Update_15.5.0 .

Edited by Morec0

Oh yeah, they're DEFINITELY a new thing, and I'm sure they're connected to the Sentient in some way (although someone DID point out their design has elements of the Orokin symbolism - seen on the Ancient Infested Crests and the Orokin symbol in the Codex) but WHAT, exactly, requires further examination.

Could be that during attacks on the Sentient worlds/stuff, one of their native species was...either incredibly important to Sentient cultural importance (Orokin have their sacred Tenno, Sentient could have their sacred something) so Chroma killing and wearing their hides is mass psychological warfare and attacking their morale...assuming they even have the capacity for such concepts.

Who knows. Certainly appears that whatever they were, there's a few subspecies going by Chroma's differing 'helmet' options.

How many times should I remind you that line was taken out? Just go and check the Mesa update patch notes.

It wasn't.

I didn't even begin Limbo Theorem until after that Patch, and Ordis explicitly gave me that line about "when you occupy this frame".

Could be that during attacks on the Sentient worlds/stuff, one of their native species was...either incredibly important to Sentient cultural importance (Orokin have their sacred Tenno, Sentient could have their sacred something) so Chroma killing and wearing their hides is mass psychological warfare and attacking their morale...assuming they even have the capacity for such concepts.

Who knows. Certainly appears that whatever they were, there's a few subspecies going by Chroma's differing 'helmet' options.

It wasn't.

I didn't even begin Limbo Theorem until after that Patch, and Ordis explicitly gave me that line about "when you occupy this frame".

Oooh! I didn't even consider that!... Huh, maybe there WERE dragons?

Then again, the description was "... from a long forgotten race", that kinda implies it was something other than a mere animal.

I'm sure they do have morale, though, all sentient things tend to have morale.

And requoting for agreement/confirmation: 

https://youtu.be/GGmyB73lkTw?t=31m40s

Still says "when you occupy this frame", and skip a little bit back in the video, say, to https://youtu.be/GGmyB73lkTw?t=30m25s and you see he's using Mesa, the same frame that was released in the patch this quote was "supposedly" removed, as per your own admittance and confirmation by the patch notes: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Update_15#Update_15.5.0 .

Edited by Morec0

Why are people excited about this? A guy in a a suit is nothing special at all.

We want to know what the Tenno are beneath this suits, this possible - but, honestly, highly unlikely confirmation given the rest of what appears on the website this comes from - answer to that questions excites all us lore-nerds.

Why are people excited about this? A guy in a a suit is nothing special at all.

True as that is, due to the standing "But what is it?" debacle surrounding the Tenno, anything even vaguely implying a possible final clarification "Once and for all!" (To quote Vay Hek) is jumped on pretty hard.

Oooh! I didn't even consider that!... Huh, maybe there WERE dragons?

Then again, the description was "... from a long forgotten race", that kinda implies it was something other than a mere animal.

I'm sure they do have morale, though, all sentient things tend to have morale.

Again, not sure.

Could even be this is a memento from a different conquest of the Orokin's entirely...which is chilling implications if another completely unknown alien race was turned into...well...really fancy hats by the Chroma series Warframes...

Or the Original Chroma did it once and later designs basically mimicked that 'I has hat!' thing with Infested materials.

Hell, pretty much everything appears to be replicated via Technocyte manipulation in this setting which is kind of disturbing. I mean...how many things need Nanospores to make, or Plastids?

Different topic but...yeah...Are Infestation Outbreaks horrible accidents or the farms gathering their materials breaking quarantine through stupid or something?

Honestly, I would not put it past the Corpus to try profitting off of selling Infested biomass...

Apologies, tangent...

You all need to please reread my theory from start to finish.

I have theorized that the Void Angels are originally Sentients. The angel in Mags story is a soldier equipped with archwings based on Sentient technolgy.

I theorized Angels were placed in the void to stop the TechnoCyte Virus from getting out. The Sentients are ancient travellers correct?

Why did the Orokin go to the Void in the first place? Travel to where? What were they looking for? That blue star? What made them think to use the void for travel in the first place?

Maybe the virus was discovered on Earth in an ancient Sentient ship. Maybe it had escaped the void or just crash landed randomly in Sol sector eons ago.

Morec0, last time I mentioned it you didn't show me that. That being said it was probably an oversight since there seems to be nothing different (contrary to the patch notes' statement).

However things are very confusing as they are now, DE said they're going to actually reveal how warframes work later on this year (hopefully) and since they never ever talked about if they refer to the character or to the player (and seem to avoid the topic like the plague), well I'm just going to take everything with a grain of salt and wait until things happen. Let us hope this 'year of quality' at least brings something positive to the lore.

Don't look at Warframe China's imagery as a source for lore. It's just there to draw people in. That picture in the OP is just gritty because other games have gritty marketing. That's all. Don't look at it like it's some indicator of lore. It's not.

Morec0, last time I mentioned it you didn't show me that. That being said it was probably an oversight since there seems to be nothing different (contrary to the patch notes' statement).

However things are very confusing as they are now, DE said they're going to actually reveal how warframes work later on this year (hopefully) and since they never ever talked about if they refer to the character or to the player (and seem to avoid the topic like the plague), well I'm just going to take everything with a grain of salt and wait until things happen. Let us hope this 'year of quality' at least brings something positive to the lore.

Fair enough, I think I DID edit it in a bit later, so that probably caused that missing bit of info. My bad. Sorry if my statement came off as a little too antagonistic.

However, at this juncture you're grasping for straws. Also the patch note doesn't specify WHERE in the quest had the "descriptive dialogue removed", so it's possible it was early on or in the middle. The patch notes quotes it:

Removed unnecessary descriptive wording from Ordis transmission in Limbo Theorem Quest.

Doesn't say it was in the end, but anyway...

I too look forward to this explanation, was kinda hoping we'd get a new Prime lore with Volt but... Still, given the Limbo Theorem ending and the Mutalist Mesa then using abilities on her own without a Tenno inside, being referred to as "hollow", I think I have a good idea of where and what's going on, but, it is what it is.

Don't look at Warframe China's imagery as a source for lore. It's just there to draw people in. That picture in the OP is just gritty because other games have gritty marketing. That's all. Don't look at it like it's some indicator of lore. It's not.

They use fan art with non-Warframe elements as marketing. He's right.

I still believe we HAVE physical bodies, but he's right.

Edited by Morec0

Despite not always agreeing with you I have to give you this one. Despite firmly believeing Tenno are indeed human, if you guys look at other promo art from warframe in China you'll see that one of them was a stolen deviantart picture made in gmod so I wouldn't say this is a very reliable source of speculation info.

True as that is, due to the standing "But what is it?" debacle surrounding the Tenno, anything even vaguely implying a possible final clarification "Once and for all!" (To quote Vay Hek) is jumped on pretty hard.

Again, not sure.

Could even be this is a memento from a different conquest of the Orokin's entirely...which is chilling implications if another completely unknown alien race was turned into...well...really fancy hats by the Chroma series Warframes...

Or the Original Chroma did it once and later designs basically mimicked that 'I has hat!' thing with Infested materials.

Hell, pretty much everything appears to be replicated via Technocyte manipulation in this setting which is kind of disturbing. I mean...how many things need Nanospores to make, or Plastids?

Different topic but...yeah...Are Infestation Outbreaks horrible accidents or the farms gathering their materials breaking quarantine through stupid or something?

Honestly, I would not put it past the Corpus to try profitting off of selling Infested biomass...

Apologies, tangent...

I am CONVINCED Alad had a lot of experience with the Infested before, hence his statements about "biotics" during the Suspicious Shipments event.

It IS interesting to think that the Orokin were killing and murdering other races to expand their empire - and would fit in well with my idea of how the "Old War" with the Sentients started - but I think it's a bit of a leap to suggest that we are dealing with a universe with even more unseen alien races, at least at THIS particular juncture.

You all need to please reread my theory from start to finish.

I have theorized that the Void Angels are originally Sentients. The angel in Mags story is a soldier equipped with archwings based on Sentient technolgy.

I theorized Angels were placed in the void to stop the TechnoCyte Virus from getting out. The Sentients are ancient travellers correct?

Why did the Orokin go to the Void in the first place? Travel to where? What were they looking for? That blue star? What made them think to use the void for travel in the first place?

Maybe the virus was discovered on Earth in an ancient Sentient ship. Maybe it had escaped the void or just crash landed randomly in Sol sector eons ago.

Except none of that fit with what we know. The Orokin were using Void as a mass Transit system, like the Mass Effect rails in Mass Effect (or whatever they were called). We see that being used even today, as the Grineer and Corpus utilize their rebuilt Solar Rails - the same rails mentioned in the Mag Prime Codex - to travel between locations (likely we do the same).

Edited by Morec0

I too look forward to this explanation, was kinda hoping we'd get a new Prime lore with Volt but... Still, given the Limbo Theorem ending and the Mutalist Mesa then using abilities on her own without a Tenno inside, being referred to as "hollow", I think I have a good idea of where and what's going on, but, it is what it is.

I have always supposed the warframes has some capabilities on their own, even the empty Chroma could use at least Effigy. Hek this could explain Zanuka's usage of wannabe abilities.

Speaking of the OP's image, doesn't it look remarkably Dark Sector-ish to you guys? I recall a similar shot of Hayden in some promotional art.

Edited by RahuStalker