Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Confirm That Theres A Human Body Under Their Suit?

Guest khk6

It was already confirmed ages ago in a devstream.

So. Yeah.

We know we came from humans, but what we became after our little journey through the Void on the Zariman is what trips people up.

Go to relay FFS u can see the rest of tenno are humans NPC.s also play DARK SECTOR game 

No confirmation that those are Tenno, and the fact that many of them (particularly the Arbiters) speak while Tenno have been referred to as "mute peasants" throws that into question - a mere taunt or not, there has to be a reason behind saying it. So far we've yet to encounter any confirmed Tenno NPC in-game (we've heard about them, Mirage, Limbo but never met them).

And Dark Sector, while canon, is SO far removed from Warframe by time that how much of an impact it has on our current timeframe (heh) is unknown. We definitely have some connection to Hayden Tenno, but what that is, exactly, is unknown (though I'm willing to wager its the "Old Ways" of Blade and Gun, also know as the Conclave an the Technocyte that makes up our Warframes).

I'll keep saying it as many times as necessary: what happens in Chinese Warframe, stays in Chinese Warframe.

Anything that comes out of there should not be considered canon.

And this is very true, but I can't imagine there being huge drastic changes to the story for it. Even with all the bone removal in China there story and quests remained the same.
Edited by Morec0

Teshin's dialog heavily implies that he is Tenno. Although i would like to hear it confirmed or denied by DE.

http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/a/a6/TeshinIntro1.ogg

"We were led astray. We forgot the Conclave, so when that new evil came, we were not prepared. This is how we failed the Orokin. You went into stasis, but not me. I searched the long path for redemption, for the kind of balance only The Conclave can create. Now I return, only to find the Tenno still herded like livestock. Horrors from beyond the Outer Terminus are coming. You must prepare. You must accept The Conclave. Let it be your teacher and I its humble guide. For true balance can only be found in the face of the ultimate enemy. Yourself."

Edited by EmptyDevil

Teshin's dialog heavily implies that he is Tenno. Although i would like to hear it confirmed or denied by DE.

"We were led astray. We forgot the Conclave, so when that new evil came, we were not prepared. This is how we failed the Orokin. You went into stasis, but not me. I searched the long path for redemption, for the kind of balance only The Conclave can create. Now I return, only to find the Tenno still herded like livestock. Horrors from beyond the Outer Terminus are coming. You must prepare. You must accept The Conclave. Let it be your teacher and I its humble guide. For true balance can only be found in the face of the ultimate enemy. Yourself."

Interesting.

I think this says the exact opposite.

After all, the Tenno DIDN'T fail when "that new Evil" - the Sentients - came, we won. We were the force of saviors that met and defeated them. Then we turned on the Orokin, but that's' another quote from him altogether.

I think what Teshin is reffering to is humanity as a whole at the time, and how "new and greater technology" - the kind that would have been able to controlled and "turned against them" by the Sentients - replaced the old ways of the Conclave, of the Blade and Gun, of the Low Guardians. Because of that their numbers dwindled and they were unable to fight against the Sentients when the Old War started.

Edited by Morec0

After all, the Tenno DIDN'T fail when "that new Evil" - the Sentients - came, we won. We were the force of saviors that met and defeated them. Then we turned on the Orokin, but that's' another quote from him altogether.

I think what Teshin is reffering to is humanity as a whole at the time, and how "new and greater technology" - the kind that would have been able to controlled and "turned against them" by the Sentients - replaced the old ways of the Conclave, of the Blade and Gun, of the Low Guardians. Because of that their numbers dwindled and they were unable to fight against the Sentients when the Old War started.

Could Tenshin be a Low Guardian?

I've been thinking of that lately.

Could Tenshin be a Low Guardian?

I've been thinking of that lately.

You read my mind.

I think Stalker, Teshin, even Lotus herself were ALL member of the order that was known as (or, more likely, would come to be known as after the rise of the Tenno) the Low Guardians. The original followers of the Conclave, the Old Ways, the ways of the Blade and Gun the Tenno would eventually picked up. As I said, I think their numbers dwindled, but there were still enough of them around to teach the Tenno those ways the rest of humanity had forgotten.

Hell, I'm willing to go one step further: I think this "Low Guardian order" was founded or had people that founded it be inspired by Hayden Tenno. The very first to use the ways of blade and gun.

Edited by Morec0

Out of curiosity, How would you distinguish a Tenno from a Guardian? 

Edited by EmptyDevil

-snip- Low Guardians -snip-

There's no such thing as a 'Low Guardian' in Warframe; Stalker's title is simply 'Guardian'. The reason being is that in the entry itself, the word low is displayed in lowercase while the word guardian is in uppercase, meaning that the Stalker was using low as a term of comparison, likely between Guardian's being not as honored as Tenno at the time, and not as an adjective.

Therefore, the caste is 'Guardian', not 'Low Guardian'. I think most people stuck to this because 'Low Guardian' sounds more in line with Warframe's style, but the reality is that Stalker said low only to compare his caste of Guardian to something else.

However, it is interesting to think that Teshin, Stalker, and Lotus may have all once been of the same caste.

Edited by Krion112

There's no such thing as a 'Low Guardian' in Warframe; Stalker's title is simply 'Guardian'. The reason being is that in the entry itself, the word low is displayed in lowercase while the word guardian is in uppercase, meaning that the Stalker was using low as a term of comparison, likely between Guardian's being not as honored as Tenno at the time, and not as an adjective.

Therefore, the caste is 'Guardian', not 'Low Guardian'. I think most people stuck to this because 'Low Guardian' sounds more in line with Warframe's style, but the reality is that Stalker said low only to compare his caste of Guardian to something else.

Interesting and perceptive lol.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, if anything this makes my theory a little stronger.

Out of curiosity, How would you distinguish a Tenno from a Guardian? 

The Tenno were the result of the Void and other Orokin experimentation - specifically with the Technocyte that forged their Warframes.

a Guardian was something that existed before, something older; the original masters of the Old Ways, of the Conclave that taught those ways to the Tenno (as Excalibur's codex says: " Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade.").

As I said:

I think Stalker, Teshin, even Lotus herself were ALL member of the order that was known as (or, more likely, would come to be known as after the rise of the Tenno) the Low Guardians. The original followers of the Conclave, the Old Ways, the ways of the Blade and Gun the Tenno would eventually picked up. As I said, I think their numbers dwindled, but there were still enough of them around to teach the Tenno those ways the rest of humanity had forgotten.

Hell, I'm willing to go one step further: I think this "Low Guardian order" was founded or had people that founded it be inspired by Hayden Tenno. The very first to use the ways of blade and gun.

Edited by Morec0

two lines here

"horrors" implies more than one,that is canon now

he mentions "new evil" ,for the purpose of this discussion we assume "failing" the orokin means the orokin armageddon as such

sentients were obviously well known by that time..so this implys another force (so were tenno)

i think i got just the answer (and you likely know what i mean morec0)

37:50

Ah. Well, to go off of that...

As was said: "That may change."

And we have gotten confirmation that we play as a singular Tenno switching between frames, so "not forcing any concrete answers" is one of those things that has changed, likely making the "Nyx and Ember" concept art Mynki made outdated - but that depends on how they looked, could still be they are used as a point of reference for whatever the Void did to the Tenno.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, if anything this makes my theory a little stronger.

The Tenno were the result of the Void and other Orokin experimentation - specifically with the Technocyte that forged their Warframes.

a Guardian was something that existed before, something older; the original masters of the Old Ways, of the Conclave that taught those ways to the Tenno (as Excalibur's codex says: " Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade.").

As I said:

Ah ok. I see them as the same thing in addition to your definition. It's a bit hard to explain but i see them as Void infused Orokin people just like the Tenno but with a much lower Void radiation exposure and very little to no experimentation. I would say it is most likely that none of the Guardians used Warframes at that time since they had less exposure and other factors. Stalker's Warframe was probably built by himself using what information he could gather from the Orokin Empire remains.

Someone needs to grab that time stamp and video of the devstream where they specifically called Teshin a Tenno.

It was the one where they first mentioned him.

Do you remember which Devstream it was? I think i missed that one. I also want to see if they call him Tenno.

Edited by EmptyDevil

two lines here

"horrors" implies more than one,that is canon now

he mentions "new evil" ,for the purpose of this discussion we assume "failing" the orokin means the orokin armageddon as such

sentients were obviously well known by that time..so this implys another force (so were tenno)

i think i got just the answer (and you likely know what i mean morec0)

Maybe, maybe. But we have yet to have any even passing mention of any other alien races before this, it seems a little odd to broadside us with such a statement and not even name them. I can't see them dropping something like that in such a vague manner - even when the Sentients were first mentioned they were given a name.

And that "new evil" doesn't immediately mean that there were other evils from outside the system - Empires make enemies, and with something like the Technocyte being a thing in the Warframe universe its very likely some of those earlier evils came from within Origin itself. Not to mention "failing the Orokin" is DIRECTLY tied to that "new evil": "...so when that new evil came, we were not prepared. This is how we failed the Orokin." I doubt it's referring to their downfall at Tenno hands.

His reference to "horrors" and "evils" in the plural is curious, but we all know he's referring to Sentients. 'Tis DE teasing us with their return. I think referring to them in the plural may simply be attesting to their numbers, the fact there are multiple of them instead of one singular "cosmic horror", each individual Sentient being an individual "evil horror" to him, but we'll nee to wait and see.

Ah ok. I see them as the same thing in addition to your definition. It's a bit hard to explain but i see them as Void infused Orokin people just like the Tenno but with a much lower Void radiation exposure and very little to no experimentation. I would say it is most likely that none of the Guardians used Warframes at that time since they had less exposure and other factors. Stalker's Warframe was probably built by himself using what information he could gather from the Orokin Empire remains.

I'm hesitant to say they have any Void powers, given I'm picturing this being an order as old (if not older) as the Orokin Empire itself, yet the Void was still very much seen as a place where just nothing returns (Ember Codex) and was turned to as a last resort in the Old War (Excal Codex) but it's possible. And I don't doubt at all that the Guardians didn't use Warframes - that's for the Tenno only, there's something about them that keeps the Technocyte docile (Rhino Codex).

And I agree very much this is what happened to Stalker. He wanted his revenge so badly he threw himself to the Void and/or at the mercy of the Infestation (depending on what, exactly, he is now) - either he would die or he would come out of it with the power he needs to avenge the Orokin by killing us.

Someone needs to grab that time stamp and video of the devstream where they specifically called Teshin a Tenno.

It was the one where they first mentioned him.

I looked for it, specifically in the video where he first shows his face (48, I believe). They never call him that.

Edited by Morec0