Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Toxic Player Thread

PickleMonster21

Okay, so here's the situation.

I'm selling a Prisma Gorgon for 120 Plat.
One guy messages me, asking for 80. I counter that offer with 100.He declines and I tell my friend.
This other guy [picture] messages me, asking 100. I accept.
Now, my friend goes to troll the first guy, saying he's selling for 80.
The second guy messages him and my friend trolls him, thinking it's the first guy.
My friend doesn't have the Prisma Gorgon as he gave it to me to sell (because I'm a great Trader).
Some confusion emerges and then this happens.

"THERE we go. Now you can enjoy it :P" is after the Trade happens. I have 100 extra Plat and he has his Prisma Gorgon.

g7CzXjj.png

EDIT: Allow me to enter a question to satisfy this very picky community.

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH TOXIC PLAYERS?

Edited by PickleMonster21

Im not sure what to make in this thread.

This is barely a 'General Discussion'... or discussing anything for that matter. 

Edit: Well done on trolling people. not even sure if this is a good way to publicize yourself.

Edited by Genzaio

Im not sure what to make in this thread.

This is barely a 'General Discussion'... or discussing anything for that matter. 

Edit: Well done on trolling people. not even sure if this is a good way to publicize yourself.

What? I didn't do any trolling. I simply wanted to sell that Prisma Gorgon that was taking up space.

No problem, but your thread doesn't have any point. Don't see any reason for making it in the first place.

I'm sorry. Next time, I'll just shrug it off and let things like this just go unchecked.

Moral of the story, don't troll and don't expect to receive compliments.

As for toxic players i'm meeting eitherway russian players who will threaten my life if i refuse to communicate with them via their language 

(I actually speak russian just don't really like typing cyrillic letters)

Or passive agressive people who will run in circles and complain, contributing almost nothing to teamwork.

Moral of the story, don't troll and don't expect to receive compliments.

Why do people think I was trolling? I didn't do anything. My friend was the troll, and that made the trade a lot more complicated due to my buyer being interested in his offer that he could not fulfil. All I wanted from that was to simply give him the Prisma Gorgon in exchange for 100 Platinum and be done with it. I didn't even suggest that he troll anyone in any way. He just decided to do it.

Am I blind? I fail to see how this is a toxic player by any stretch.

I'll agree with that. Maybe it's not obvious. Maybe it's just me, thinking that his last 3 messages and then the block was more towards aggressive. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much. To me, this just seems... hostile. Towards the end, at least.

I'll agree with that. Maybe it's not obvious. Maybe it's just me, thinking that his last 3 messages and then the block was more towards aggressive. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much. To me, this just seems... hostile. Towards the end, at least.

Maybe you over thunk it. 

well, i rarely experience toxic but i got a rotten apple today while doing alert: 

the douchebag: noob/l2p/ffs

me:what?

him:l2p noob

me: well, what did i do wrong?

him: you killed the scan, i needed 4 freaking seconds and you killed him!!!

me: oh well, im sorry, i werent aware that that was a scan

him:*continues to harras and acting like a bigoted elitist who knows everything and who think people who makes mistakes are scrubs*

me:------>Ignore

so my point is with this is that i did a mistake and ive never seen the scanning thing before so i didnt knew but i didnt expect to be flamed so hard for a simple mistake.

Why do people think I was trolling? I didn't do anything. My friend was the troll, and that made the trade a lot more complicated due to my buyer being interested in his offer that he could not fulfil. All I wanted from that was to simply give him the Prisma Gorgon in exchange for 100 Platinum and be done with it. I didn't even suggest that he troll anyone in any way. He just decided to do it.

You need to get new friends if your friends are willing to troll others over 20p.

Edited by kiteohatto

so my point is with this is that i did a mistake and ive never seen the scanning thing before so i didnt knew but i didnt expect to be flamed so hard for a simple mistake.

I *almost* killed a Scan Target once too, got into the mission in the middle of it and Simaris didnt say a thing, I just noticed it was a Target when he didnt die from a short brust from my Braton Prime, even then, I brought him down to 1/4 of his health.

Mistakes happen, people are just intolerant.

'Toxic' player? Wouldn't say it's him, but I wouldn't say it was your friend either. However, I would say your friend caused this problem so the other guy isn't at fault - you friend is -, in fact, it's unlikely he would've told you his plans and ignored you if he hadn't been screwed around by your 'smart' friend. His way of getting back at you two if anything.

This is kind of a backfire thread.

Edited by Naith

You had no reason to tell your friend of your sales, if you knew he was going to troll, even if you didn't. This is on you for simply letting your friend know what was happening. Trolling receives no compliments, so I don't see how the other person is at fault at all. Who exactly is the "toxic" player, here?

Edited by LazerSkink