Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst.

Osei_

I'm not sure if this falls under the general discussion topic. But I think there should be an easier way to get Orokin Catalyst. I mean alerts for them pop up around once every 3 months and some players just have no luck getting plat. It would be really nice if Catalyst blueprints were void or mission rewards. It would make it a way better experience knowing that you weapons and warframes can be modded to their full extent. That't just what I have to say about it. 

-TOAO_Dauntless

I got 3 potatoes (2 of them were catalysts) on ONE DAY last week (friday, I think).

It's not as rare as you think, you just need to have your eyes open for alerts and invasions.

Edited by Shifted

You can't give away too much.    Warframe is a business after all, and there always has to be something for sale that people want.  Maybe give an inch, though.  Maybe the Gift of the Lotus alert after dev streams should be an "either or" choice.  Gold potato and blue potato are both offered, you pick the one you want more.

I think newbies should be granted a full forma, a reactor and a catalyst as part of the tutorial...

It would make their start much easier.

Other than this, I think the spawn rate for alerts that include reactors and catalysts is okay.

how would it make it easier lol still have no mods so don't need double slots or even a forma on a gun.

Edit: also new players get 50p to start can buy a forma and cat/reactor if they wanted to, game's free to play not free to get everything. Farm/wait or pay and support DE

Edited by WizMandem94

I think newbies should be granted a full forma, a reactor and a catalyst as part of the tutorial...

Other than this, I think the spawn rate for alerts that include reactors and catalysts is okay.

You get a Catalyst by completing the Stolen Dreams Quest.

Otherwise if you want to have a easier way to get them, you better use that Wallet of yours.

how would it make it easier lol still have no mods so don't need double slots or even a forma on a gun.

Edit: also new players get 50p to start can buy a forma and cat/reactor if they wanted to, game's free to play not free to get everything.

Lvl 30 is reached quickly and so are mods collected....

The first thing they'll notice is "Hey... I could power up my stuff with these potatoes.... but what is this? They are platin only? p2w bs.. I quit" At least that's what I remember.

There is nothing wrong with handing every beginner a catalyst , a reactor and a forma....

Some quests already did that. But the quests need a tutorial structure-

I'm not sure if this falls under the general discussion topic. But I think there should be an easier way to get Orokin Catalyst. I mean alerts for them pop up around once every 3 months

I don't know where you get your stats from.... But every two weeks, there is a dev steam, and they usually do either an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst.  So, at least from the dev steams, you should be getting one Catalyst a month.  And the alerts are weighted RNG, so there usually at least one random Catalyst as an alert or as an invasion reward every month as well.

From just this month, there have been 3 Catalysts rewards for doing invasions (from http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ middle column).

I really don't know what else to tell you... play every Friday there is a dev steam to get your reward, and look at invasion rewards with a tracker instead of simply looking at alerts.

edit: Or you can simply pay for plat for potatoes and slots.  The next time you get a coupon for x% off, buy some and enjoy yourself.

Edited by CatPhoenix

You get a Catalyst by completing the Stolen Dreams Quest.

Otherwise if you want to have a easier way to get them, you better use that Wallet of yours.

No.. don't get me wrong- that's exactly what I mean!

Newbies just need to know " Hey.. you get this potato if you do these quests, If you want more you can buy that, or wait for special alerts- but there is no need for you to spend real money"

I remember that I saw taters as a paywall... until I learned that there are alerts.

And then You just stand there and think that you can never be as good as paying players, and so you quit. I almost did that.

The first thing they'll notice is "Hey... I could power up my stuff with these potatoes.... but what is this? They are platin only? p2w bs.. I quit" At least that's what I remember.

There is nothing wrong with handing every beginner a catalyst , a reactor and a forma....

Wouldn't say level 30 was so easy for a new player and i don't think it should be given out not everything Should be free.

I agree with this.  I gifted an orokin catalyst to my friend who started Warframe and it made their experience much better.  I did have to explain for about 20 minutes through chat about what it was though.  XD

Wouldn't say level 30 was so easy for a new player and i don't think it should be given out not everything Should be free.

I reached lvl 30 with excal, the braton, the lato and the skana within 2 days. And I didn't play excessively.

But that was a long time ago. I heard that being a newbie in WF is quite hard now.

The more do I think that they need some help... a -one-time starter pack.

I agree with this.  I gifted an orokin catalyst to my friend who started Warframe and it made their experience much better.  I did have to explain for about 20 minutes through chat about what it was though.  XD

mhm, I didn't understand the potatoing either.... There is nothing that explains to you what taters are good for and what they do.

I remember that I just didn't get the mod system. lol.

I thought you can only upgrade a mod with the same mod or a fusion core.... I had to ask in region how it works... and region, being much friendlier back then, explained to me how the mod system worked.

There is now way you could get some information from region chat nowadays... :P

Your first post and you had to post some obsolete assertion.

Potatoes, Platinum, and other things in Warframe are easy to get. you can LITERALLY get ANYTHING in the game if you just invest time, that being said, sorry if the game gives you everything for free by just farming a bit, get plat from other players and acquire the things you so love. 

I reached lvl 30 with excal, the braton, the lato and the skana within 2 days. And I didn't play excessively.

But that was a long time ago. I heard that being a newbie in WF is quite hard now.

The more do I think that they need some help... a -one-time starter pack.

Not everything should be handed out to to new players get everything easy what else in the game will they want? rhino mesa boltor synoid

Edit: as i said before you do get 50p which is enough to buy forma cat/reactor shouldn't get them free + next you'll be saying get them weapon and frame slots free.

Edited by WizMandem94

No.. don't get me wrong- that's exactly what I mean!

Newbies just need to know " Hey.. you get this potato if you do these quests, If you want more you can buy that, or wait for special alerts- but there is no need for you to spend real money"

I remember that I saw taters as a paywall... until I learned that there are alerts.

And then You just stand there and think that you can never be as good as paying players, and so you quit. I almost did that.

You describe my new player experience almost exactly. I grew disillusioned in closed beta once I hit the point where it was clear that progression along the power curve was going to be gated by a premium purchase. I wasn't aware of the systems in place. When the Rhino pack hit the market I didn't know it was going to be possible to obtain that frame at all without a purchase.

I continued puttering around advancing through the planets in solo mode and was reaching a point where no measure of caution or prowess was going to allow me to advance. I decided that the game wasn't for me in its current state. I was having a great deal of fun with the content in the game at that point but I didn't want to get attached if progress was going to be ransomed.

My return to the game was one of joyous revelation. Learned about potato alerts and blueprint drops. Starter plat had become a thing. Trade plat had become a thing. Mod/Damage 2.0 had me confused, intrigued and excited.

Potatoes pop up in Grineer v Corpus invasions fairly often, once a month usually.  Then there's the post-devstream 24-hour alert every two weeks.  And then there's the log in reward once every blue moon.  Personally, I think their rarity is in a good place; DE has to nickel and dime us somehow.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG