The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Think We Need A New Planet

gunsmoke77

Convert Ganymede on Jupiter into a full planet? It has oceans layered with ice underground, which would make it a good place to put in Corpus Shark-wing.

And I always imagined its surface sections would be like an Orokin ship graveyard, with destroyed Orokin Ships dotting the landscape; the scars of the Old War, sitting atop long inactive volcanic rock covered in red moss, red plant life, and ice sand. Just imagine that landscape, and then imagine extremely tall, MOA-like Corpus robots called CRANES patrolling, acting as walking guard towers to ensure no Tenno intrusion.

Additionally, because of the crashed Orokin Ships, part of the surface tilesets could be Infested, which would link why Jupiter used to be Infested; the Corpus would've accidentally brought it to Jupiter from Ganymede, the Infested would overcome Jupiter, the Corpus would fight alongside the Tenno to break the Infested on Jupiter and return to and fix their stations, and then they returned to Ganymede to keep scavenging Orokin tech, being more careful now that they know the Infested are present in these derelicts. We could even have Crossfire missions between Infested and Corpus here, perhaps even three-way battles between the Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted.

Finally, it could be the initial experimentation site where the Orokin first engineered the super-flora that now occupies Earth. When it was completed, they mutated the plants here on Ganymede to display the wrong pigment, the color red, in order to kill them off by starvation. However, some floral species mutated and survived, but are much less aggressive in growth than the plant life on Earth, thus leaving behind red grass, moss, and other plants.

Edited by Krion112

Sure, let's just spawn a planet into the solar system!

We already have a bunch of moons (in the game's navigation) in addition to the planets of our solar system (Eris, Ceres, Europa, Phobos etc.), why not use another one? Jupiter has, like, 60 or something... plenty to choose from.

Edited by Grander.Alderman

See those "planets" we can go to called "Ceres and Eris"?

Yeah, we could use more of those.

*looks at asteroid belt*

I think we have plenty to choose from.

I say you are right, but you choose the wrong words.

I think you mean we need diversity, because we already got too many planets and nodes that are all the same, and all those planets and nodes just create the separation of the players, in cases were allot of nodes are constantly empty.

And on how many of those could we actually step on the surface of? Not many.

the grineer asteroid bases kinda already are, ya know, asteroids. Bloating the starchart with more wouldnt really add much. 

[also, artificial gravity is *rampant* here]

Well, they have the underwater tileset brewing, and the ice planet and shipyard tilesets are relatively new.

There's also, I *think* a lava planet somewhere in the designs, but I'm not sure how far along that is.

We can also expect a new tileset with the sentients, I'm quite certain.

There will be more, it just takes time to design them and such.

Considering there's a lot of dwarf planets and moons still not in our map, there's a whole lot more.

But heck, they could let us go into another system with its own set of planets and new enemies even.

the grineer asteroid bases kinda already are, ya know, asteroids. Bloating the starchart with more wouldnt really add much. 

[also, artificial gravity is *rampant* here]

A part of me wants to say "create a new planet for the Corpus Installation, mark Marks the Grineer Settlement tileset, and give Phobos the Asteroid Tileset!" but I got no clue what planet would be good for the Corpus installation other than the Martian Icecaps.