Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Vote In Excalibur To Appear In Super Smash Bros (The Megathread)

Holzmeister

excluding copyrights laws... My vote is for Exal - he is the trademark of WF

Well, they'd OBVIOUSLY have to get DE's permission, and have to pay DE royalties. Which means more money for DE, which means more dev team work for us, which means faster updates. We all win.

The trademark thing would go for any non-nintendo game, and SSB is quite a lucrative investment based on previous and projected sales. Plus, it would be additional advertising for the game.

If you viewed warframe's twitter is was THEIR idea in the first place...

Wont work.

Warframe has no relation to anything nintendo related. They wont add in something completely unrelated to the company.

Before you say MGS, Mega man and Sanic.

Sanic and MGS have appeared on nintendo consoles, so through technicality, they are able to be added.

Mega man originated on the NES. 

And when someone says: "If we say it loud enough or if more people want it, they'll add it in". Let me remind you that Meta-Ridley/Ridley is wanted by tons of fans and is a nintendo character, yet for the longest of times the devs have said no. So I don't think them adding something completely un-related to their company will get their go-ahead.

Well, sorry to burst your pessimism bubble, but here it is quoted from the website:

Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.

Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.

The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015.

Nowhere does it say that non Nintendo characters can't get in, all it says is YOUR FAVORITE VIDEOGAME CHARACTER. I also looked, at it seems that there really aren't any terms. All it says is they will consider it.

What's with all the negativity on this thread?

Last year, we won the MMOBomb vote handily, with over 80,000 votes. http://www.mmobomb.com/ultimate-f2p-showdown-tenno-victory-finals

Things like Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" award are often decided by fewer votes than that(usually fewer than 50k), and there's a much wider user/potential-voter base on that then on video games in general, or nintendo games specifically.

So, we can win it. The tenno are a devestating force to be reckoned with, and we have millions more players this year than last.(No XO existed at all then!)

There's a small probability though. Sure we won the MMO Bomb but I've never heard of that website till the competition happened but how many people are interested or has heard of SSBM? Yeah a lot, and the newest one has a couple millions of copies sold. And knowing players. They'd go for nostalgia factor more than anything.

I can already see his moveset

B=  radial blind

Up+B = super jump

Down +B :Copter slash

Side +B = slash dash

Smash attacks= charge attacks

Aerial attacks  = directional melee attacks

Final smash = radial javelin.

I can already see his moveset

B=  radial blind

Up+B = super jump

Down +B :Copter slash

Side +B = slash dash

Smash attacks= charge attacks

Aerial attacks  = directional melee attacks

Final smash = radial javelin.

he'd be an assist trophy at best if nintendo ever bothered to give him a look.

Guys! Guys! :

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31guno/nintendo_of_america_representative_says_any_video/

This means that Excalibur, or Solid Snake, or Zero,or Geno, or Banjo & Kazooie, or Bomberman, or Simon Belmont or Earthworm Jim, or Rayman, or Bayonetta, or Shovel Knight, or Rocket knight, or Ristar, or Shantae,, or Wonder Red, or Viewtiful Joe can be eligible!!!

Ohmagaaaad

Edited by unknow99

I would vote for him but he is nerfed to hard and i would be embarrassed for us.

But thats the thing, DE would have to buff him if he wins.

Think about it.

People from smash sees excalibur in their game, they're gonna want to see where he's from.

If they found out excalibur is weak and useless compare to his ssbm counterpart, it might reflect bad on both Nintendo and DE on why they allowed such a fail of a character in.

Also, if he gets in, we might get a special item *fingers crossed*

Edited by 321agemo

But thats the thing, DE would have to buff him if he wins.

Think about it.

People from smash sees excalibur in their game, they're gonna want to see where he's from.

If they found out excalibur is weak and useless compare to his ssbm counterpart, it might reflect bad on both Nintendo and DE on why they allowed such a fail of a character in.

Also, if he gets in, we might get a special item *fingers crossed*

You guys really haven't taken him into pvp, huh?