Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Frames Do You Think Will Be Hardest To Balance For Pvp?

Jahadaya

Imo her 4th abillity(forgot name) would be hard to balance.

Not really. You lower the damage bonus and overall range and duration of the shockwave. You maintain the slow effect and the duration of the debuff. The explode on death probably wouldn't need touching.

It'd be more interesting if Hysteria's damage resist increased as she is continually hit. It'd mean that weapons that deal their damage in the fewest shots would be the best at dealing with her while firing off peashooters at her only makes her stronger.

You need 100 energy which usualy dont happen and then GL TO CATCH  COPTERING frame with claws(bo/fang saying goodbye) and right now pvp is about 1-2 shots 

Not really. You lower the damage bonus and overall range and duration of the shockwave. You maintain the slow effect and the duration of the debuff. The explode on death probably wouldn't need touching.

I would love to see if they will make her so we can use either fast or slow buff.

Loki would be a nightmare for the opposing team. I know, because I accidentally entered a match with my Loki and a Nikana back when Conclave was really glitchy.

Imagine: Your cephalon has been stolen, but you can't see or hit the robber unless you get really lucky. And even then, you can do nothing but watch as he switch teleports with a Decoy in the ceiling.

Oberon wouldn't need any nerf or buff; he's much more balanced and multipurposed than Excalibur.

Smite: Ranged radiation attack that affects other enemies.

Hallowed Ground: Not a bad skill in defensive situations.

Renewal: Not quick, but can save you and your teammates.

Reckoning: Immobilizes nearby enemies and inflicts radiation. More of a panic attack than anything else.

No, Loki would be nerfed to hell and back if they tried to balance him.

I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

Valkyrie: hysteria aside war cry will increase attack speed and armour. When steel fiber gets added to the list of mods even nerfed will cause people to cry.

Rip line would be a problem as well, rip lining someone off a platform or pulling someone into a group and getting butchered.

Mesa: 3 of her abilities, first is shatter shield for reasons I shouldn't have to get in to.

Second is shooting gallery, depriving some the ability to shoot even for a couple of seconds is a life or encounter.

Third is peace marker, getting peppered with 100 percent accurate attack in a huge LoS would be a pain. Vauben is king of the hill, but Mesa is queen of whack a mole.

Edited by ravend

You need 100 energy which usualy dont happen and then GL TO CATCH  COPTERING frame with claws(bo/fang saying goodbye) and right now pvp is about 1-2 shots 

Fair point, but Hysteria's duration is fairly long and it's a fantastic melee weapon with incredible damage. It'd easily two shot a player in half the time it takes to swing Gram twice.

The way I see it, she'd get 20% Damage resist stacking all the way up to 95% every single hit she takes. The stacks would dissipate after 5 seconds without damage.

The damage resistance thing ramping up as she's hit serves two purposes:

1st - Valkyr would be punished for just throwing her 4 down. Her location matters now. She has to consider where she is and how open she is leaving herself to attack with weapons that counter her ult best, like Bows and Snipers. She's incredible against anything that takes 3-5 shots to actually kill someone. She's also incredible against melee weapons. A Valkyr player will have to put themselves in the right scenario.

2nd - Quick, lightly damagings weapons will get you killed against her. Kogake, for instance, would be a good way to get yourself murdered. This forces people to flee from Valkyr if they lack the weaponry to fight her in that state. In fact, Valkyr will benefit greatly in any situation in which someone panics and just unloads a weapon her way. She has plenty of armor and her Paralysis to work with, she could be quite intimidating.

Sometimes I wonder if the mindgames & trickster frames even should be put through the PvP balance grinder.

What if frames like Loki, Limbo & Nyx were to get their own PvP game mode - one that isn't so focused on combat?

Just spitballing here - no real idea what kinda game mode that would be. It just seems like we'd be better off finding a different PvP niche for their skillsets instead of rendering them unrecognisable - just to play CtC.

And then yeah - the invincibility is a big no no - also Trin's EV just shouldn't be allowed to happen personally - there's no way to balance those kind of effects when only one frame has access.

All frames. The only way I can see that pvp would be balanced is if they severely nerfed every one of them. IMO it's not worth it to shoe horn in an aspect that as far as i'm aware not enough people care about. The game was not designed around a pvp aspect and it's being forced into the game. Not that It matters really since all changes done in pvp don't effect pve. Hoping it stays that way.

I want it to be clear that i'm not against pvp for this game. They already got one thing right by keeping pve and pvp apart. It just doesn't seem like it fits with the base mechanics. I'd much rather they focus on making pve better before going further with pvp.

I'm a strict PvE player and I 100% disagree. The new PVP is amazing. It's really fun, like really really fun. Now I don't strictly play PVE content in this game.

Just though of something. Maybe for Nyx, Mind Control would give a radiation proc, and Chaos would give a radiation proc to multiple enemy players. Seeing FF would be funny IMO. :3

No I don't know what they could do for Absorb.