Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Are Two Kinds Of Tennos

CanOfBeans

Tenno A doesn't have high MR themselves and is afraid of any future changes that DE might bring in that will put them at disadvantage of not having bothered to level it. They tell themselves that mr shouldn't matter so they can sleep at night.

Tenno B is somewhat right, somewhat. It takes effort and time. Experience comes with time...in most cases. Skill is aquired from experience. They are all a little linked to one another.

In every situation in life there are unusual extremes and as such there are low mr players who have skill/talent and there are high mr's who lack skill/talent. These are rare cases.

There is a rare breed of Tenno C too.

These guys play for mainly fun, but still futureproof themselves by MR leveling/aquiring resources "just in case". Even better if they are team players.

Tenno D those high MR players who got there thinking Interception and Defense are the only way to level gear. Ive watched new players pass me (I'm MR10) bc they join clans who only play Int or Def.

They then try Archwing and get mad if you tell them they can earn mods and exp faster in other AW missions. Im talking MR 12-18 players. New and vet.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Type A.

If it was Type B, I'd be at max rank. 

But no, I'm at MR9. And I've been here since early closed beta

see this type A:

Tenno A doesn't have high MR themselves and is afraid of any future changes that DE might bring in that will put them at disadvantage of not having bothered to level it. They tell themselves that mr shouldn't matter so they can sleep at night.

There is a rare breed of Tenno C too.

These guys play for mainly fun, but still futureproof themselves by MR leveling/aquiring resources "just in case". Even better if they are team players.

Its really strange when people have less than 500 hrs of playtime with such high post counts. 

Id like to think im the type C, I like to play for fun, but I also like to complete everything I can. When I read your definition of Type A's I couldnt help but laugh at all the MR9's that complained because they couldnt get in to the stress tests for relays. Its not a huge deal, but its just funny how people willfully choose to not progress their mastery rank. imo its pretty fun to rank everything because you get to try it all. 

Edited by armedpoop

Tenno D those high MR players who got there thinking Interception and Defense are the only way to level gear. Ive watched new players pass me (I'm MR10) bc they join clans who only play Int or Def.

They then try Archwing and get mad if you tell them they can earn mods and exp faster in other AW missions. Im talking MR 12-18 players. New and vet.

I don't really know which missions give the best affinity, but i like running survival missions in the void solo just to see how far i can go and with what type of weapon i am able to sustain long enough that i won't have to use all my revives. Also, off-topic, I think Oberino is so under utilized.

Id like to think im the type C, I like to play for fun, but I also like to complete everything I can. When I read your definition of Type A's I couldnt help but laugh at all the MR9's that complained because they couldnt get in to the stress tests for relays. Its not a huge deal, but its just funny how people willfully choose to not progress their mastery rank. imo its pretty fun to rank everything because you get to try it all. 

IMO, MR isn't really everything, some people choose not to further progress with their MR because they just don't see fit in doing so. I used to stop progressing my MR when I was only at MR8 just to get the D.Nikana as i see no viable reason to really further progressing it unless you want those extra standings and more trade counts. Though I agree with you that ranking up stuff is really fun because i get to try out all sorts of new weapons, especially the research lab ones which requires Forma to build. I wouldn't have discovered how awesome Mutalist Quanta is although people say it's bad, I'd say it just doesn't suit your play-style so bug off.

Edited by CanOfBeans

I'm a rather high MR myself (17 as of writing) and am focused ATM on getting that as high as I personally can, but even I'll be among the first to admit that having a high MR is meaningless. just shows how much time you've spent grinding out weapons, gear, and frames and leveling them up. IF ANYTHING, gear-wise High-MR players (If *I'M* anything to go by) are worst off than those who hang around MR8-10 (the range of "everything MR-locked is unlocked and "this rank is high enough to have anything DE will MR-lock in the foreseeable future"). simply because all their resources, forma, and time go into making new gear to rank their MR, and NOT into existing gear to make them stronger. (I've yet to forma a single piece of my equipment, though admittedly still hold my own in high-level play) though admittedly we might have more, higher ranked mods than lower MR player simply through the sheer amount of TIME we've played. (Heck I've been sitting pretty on so many mod cores, I max'd a Steel Fibre for lulz and sold it on Trading)

all in all, a Higher MR player is PROLLY gonna have more experience in playing, sure. but that DOESN'T mean they're a BETTER player than a lower-ranked one (for instance, I STILL can't play Trin to save my life) however, a still-high-but-not-pushing-max MR player (the 8-10 range) is likely gonna be similarly (though likely less-so) experience, but have better GEAR that they've spent more individual time with.

when going into something that requires a player to be familiar with many aspects of play however, I'll take a High-MR player over a lower one any day. they've used more gear for longer, and have a more varied experience.

Tenno A: MR doesn't mean a thing! It just shows that you have been ranking up all different types of weapons, doesn't mean you are better at this game. High MR people are just there to show off that they have most of the weapons ranked up.

Tenno B: MR means everything! It shows how much time and dedication you have put into this game, grinding all the necessary parts to build weapons, unlocking all the different nodes on each planet, taking part in various events. High MR people are usually veterans who played since the game was released.

Which is true? 

P.S. I'm neither one of them, I just think that people with higher MR actually has more dedication to the game.

I*m a bit more to B. As I'd say my MR19 is on pair with my experience of the game with my 1.751k hours spent in-game, steam says 2.9k but that's a lie.

When i see some high mr play, i can't help to think they have spend too much time in repfarm/campframe

This is too sad but made me think differently on how other players think about me when they see my MR. ;(

I play this game for a couple of reason, collecting everything yes is there but it's because I wanna try everything crazy DE gives. Making crazy builds on frames. Doing riddiculous frame combinations. Try out every melee parry move with the different weapons and try find out different tactics I've never seen someone use before! That's what keeps me playing this game, the crazy amount of combinations you can do!

Tenno B is somewhat right, somewhat. It takes effort and time. Experience comes with time...in most cases. Skill is aquired from experience. They are all a little linked to one another.

In every situation in life there are unusual extremes and as such there are low mr players who have skill/talent and there are high mr's who lack skill/talent. These are rare cases.

There is a rare breed of Tenno C too.

THIS GUY JUST NAILED IT. "The Tenno C" just play for fun...... do what they do...... Somewhat Skilled players that just don't give a damn on what others felt about MR,

I Guess im on the type C, but not Swat like skill player, I experienced a group on my last raid, they are so freakin organized like a US Navy LOL, been here sice CBT but im still Mr12, I dont see a reason to go further, unless there's a new weapon that requires higher MR Rank

Edited by Rayzenfloss

I*m a bit more to B. As I'd say my MR19 is on pair with my experience of the game with my 1.751k hours spent in-game, steam says 2.9k but that's a lie.

This is too sad but made me think differently on how other players think about me when they see my MR. ;(

I play this game for a couple of reason, collecting everything yes is there but it's because I wanna try everything crazy DE gives. Making crazy builds on frames. Doing riddiculous frame combinations. Try out every melee parry move with the different weapons and try find out different tactics I've never seen someone use before! That's what keeps me playing this game, the crazy amount of combinations you can do!

I thought your name looked familiar and apparently we are already friends....what, how ?

Edited by kiteohatto

IMO, MR isn't really everything, some people choose not to further progress with their MR because they just don't see fit in doing so. I used to stop progressing my MR when I was only at MR8 just to get the D.Nikana as i see no viable reason to really further progressing it unless you want those extra standings and more trade counts. Though I agree with you that ranking up stuff is really fun because i get to try out all sorts of new weapons, especially the research lab ones which requires Forma to build. I wouldn't have discovered how awesome Mutalist Quanta is although people say it's bad, I'd say it just doesn't suit your play-style so bug off.

Its definitely not everything. I have seen scrubby MR 15's before lol

Ranking up is just a positive byproduct of trying out new gear. 

Edited by armedpoop

Both are true. Some people just grind Viver-like places day in, day out to rank up and don't have a clue how to play outside of their farming builds and boltor/soma prime. Others actually play the normal way and get a feel for every single weapon and warframe in the game.

It's like asking if this is a knife or a fork, when it's clearly a spoon. Just because there's two choices, it doesn't mean either of them are correct.

Type D Tennos : these Players are the Collector ones, they just build, forma, max out everything in game, MR is just a bonus for them, still they dont give a damn about what people think about MR, they jusy love to collect things. hatter gonna hate LOL!

Both are true. Some people just grind Viver-like places day in, day out to rank up and don't have a clue how to play outside of their farming builds and boltor/soma prime. Others actually play the normal way and get a feel for every single weapon and warframe in the game.

It's like asking if this is a knife or a fork, when it's clearly a spoon. Just because there's two choices, it doesn't mean either of them are correct.

I have a Spork...............

There are better metrics in game for establishing player efficacy. You have hours played, percentage and numbers of missions completed/failed/quit too.

However to say that all high MR players aren't so great is wrong, just as to say all players who don't care about MR are the best.

MR is just an indicator for how much gear we've leveled and that we got some points for completing the star chart. It's not an indicator of skill or player proficiency, but I do use it as a quick way of determining if someone is a newbie or not. (There's nothing wrong with being new, we've all been there.)

Tenno A: MR doesn't mean a thing! It just shows that you have been ranking up all different types of weapons, doesn't mean you are better at this game. High MR people are just there to show off that they have most of the weapons ranked up.

Tenno B: MR means everything! It shows how much time and dedication you have put into this game, grinding all the necessary parts to build weapons, unlocking all the different nodes on each planet, taking part in various events. High MR people are usually veterans who played since the game was released.

Which is true? 

P.S. I'm neither one of them, I just think that people with higher MR actually has more dedication to the game.

I could care less for other peoples rank, I've seen rank 5s with karaks play better than rank10+ people with prime gear. I personally like leveling everything, and generally enjoy playing and using all of the gear. The mastery levels after 8 are all just a side thing for me, and the only reason I continued to grind through them was to show my dedication to the game and the lack of a life I have. xD

I also have too much time on my hands ;-;

GC5X4yD.jpg

Edited by TheGuyverOne

geez, not this again...

I AM BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I AM MR5 AND CAN DOUBLE FLIP KICK ENEMIES OUT OF THE WAY WHILE POTTING THEM WITH MY BRATON MK-1!

NO!

I AM BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I AM MR19 AND HAVE ALL THE SHINY!

Whatthe****ever.

I am going to go with choice 'C' -

I play the game to have fun, not show how much BETTER than anyone else I am. But I also get everything to test it out for my clan. I can usually tell them what the weapon's strengths and weaknesses are better than the wikia. Since I know most of my clan members' playstyles, I can guide them to what they might prefer using without them having to spend resources or plat finding out that they hate stuff and can actually *gasp* ENJOY THE GAME!.

Edited by Kalenath

If there's only two kinds of Tennos, then you can't be neither, you've gotta be one or the other, otherwise there's three kinds. =P

This only really holds true at those moments when we have just barely enough to reach the next max MR level, and those who have the Closed Beta Vandals + every event weapon get there before everyone else.

yup, thats my expirience too

im a bit tired about the mr-system, it needs more plat and time then skills :P

i thought the mr-system is somewhat about skills, after hanging out at level 12 for 6 month some of my clan didnt stop pushing me to level up by mentioning i have the needed XP which i never cared about, then i levelled up in 10 days and that was not really a nice awakening

now im at level 18, played one year, didnt get the last part of the brakk, the boar is in a pack for 500 pl (which for a principle i will not buy), the promised implementation of all of the quests at U 16 didnt happen and im standing before a XP-wall which im not able to reach but i levelled everything except the mentioned things above

this levelling makes me also thinking about the game and its development in general, im not in the mood to say more :-))))

i miss the innocenceness of the past moments buy enjoying the levelling because DE moved a wall before my nose ... end of message ...

oh, wait, another game-development leaded by the greed of the creators and the company ? looks like ...

i can understand that money leads some peoples life, BUT THEN DONT USE OTHERS FOR, DEV's and team =))

anyway, its time to realise and accept my stupidity by start playing warframe ,-)))

Edited by HEA7HEN

I like it back when Hek was THE gun. Those were good ol times, before the directional melee came out and all the fancy combos, but I gotta admit, it's pretty cool and DE really did a great job for a F2P game.

P.S. We need noggle statue pack :c

Edited by CanOfBeans

Closest to C I guess.

I just play the game for fun.  To me fun means variety, so I change Frames and weapons all the time.  I've ranked every weapon available to me and kept maybe half I'm still missing Volt Prime and Odonata Prime.  I have about 1100 hours (ish) and have 6K from MR19.

Does this mean I'm better than you?  I wouldn't know, do I care as many seem to.  No.

I'll happily play with anyone for MR0 to 19.  I don't do taxi except for friends but if I'm running a PUG Void I'll let any one come.

Closest to C I guess.

I just play the game for fun.  To me fun means variety, so I change Frames and weapons all the time.  I've ranked every weapon available to me and kept maybe half I'm still missing Volt Prime and Odonata Prime.  I have about 1100 hours (ish) and have 6K from MR19.

Does this mean I'm better than you?  I wouldn't know, do I care as many seem to.  No.

I'll happily play with anyone for MR0 to 19.  I don't do taxi except for friends but if I'm running a PUG Void I'll let any one come.

I have a couple of words for you!!1!

6yAzJyc.jpg

Especially for not doing taxis

Edited by kiteohatto

I could care less for other peoples rank, I've seen rank 5s with karaks play better than rank10+ people with prime gear. I personally like leveling everything, and generally enjoy playing and using all of the gear. The mastery levels after 8 are all just a side thing for me, and the only reason I continued to grind through them was to show my dedication to the game and the lack of a life I have. xD

I also have too much time on my hands ;-;

GC5X4yD.jpg

SIR, if you may, I would like to Join the Power Rangers, seriously, ill try to find your clan ingame.