Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Way To Be Banned Immediately?

Nah_NotReally

Question

I check this forum as often as others check facebook and I would really like to quit the addiction. I've tried just not visiting, but I always come back. I have 0 warning points and would rather not attack people to get banned. Can a moderator just headshot me so I can never return?

I'm assuming that being banned will make the forum inaccessible to me completely. I don't mind not knowing what changes will come to the game in detail beforehand and I don't participate in the competitions.

Edit: Welp, there seems to be no solution outside of self-control. Thanks anyway, I'll give that a shot again and/or solve this somehow.

Edited by Joenorthrup

23 answers to this question

Banned just means you can't post, you'll still be able to view the forums. You could set your firewall/browser/security settings to block the website.

Was hoping that wasn't the case because I could just as easily restore it.

I am interested to know how old are you? Just for my curiosity would like to know.

You could try asking Support to delete your account, though that might be a bit more permanent than you're looking for.

Alternatively, you could change your password to a random jumble of numbers and letters (I mean like face-to-keyboard levels), then log out of your account, though I suppose that wouldn't stop you from viewing the forum, just posting.

If you're that addicted I'm sure you will seek another way to get back here. Also being banned doesn't remove the ability to view stuff.

What you need is willpower. If you fon't have willpower then your life will be pretty bad, unless you're RNGesuses best friend or something.

You could try asking Support to delete your account, though that might be a bit more permanent than you're looking for.

Alternatively, you could change your password to a random jumble of numbers and letters (I mean like face-to-keyboard levels), then log out of your account, though I suppose that wouldn't stop you from viewing the forum, just posting.

The issue with this is that he wants to still play, but not be able to access the forums.

Get some parental security tools set up and block the websites you don't want to visit anymore. Smash your face on the keyboard to come up with a fool-proof parental lock password.

Problem solved.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Get some parental security tools set up and block the websites you don't want to visit anymore. Smash your face on the keyboard to come up with a fool-proof parental lock password.

Problem solved.

Yeah this would work, just make sure the password is gibberish.

Huh so my age, still how would you get addicted to forums?

But yeah I think if you would ask a forum administrator to ban you, they would, but still, you would be able to look at the content.

It's a passive addiction really. I don't actively think about it, I just check it without realizing and suddenly notice that I'm roaming through the forum. It happens too often.

Edit: spelling error.

Edited by Joenorthrup

Very odd request but there is an website app you can download that stops you form going onto websites, like Ana said but the best thing to over-come an issue is just to force yourself not to, by telling yourself no.

It worked on me, but what I find nice is, if you change the color of the warframe background or so, it helps. as it feels like an different thing your reading    

Very odd request but there is an website app you can download that stops you form going onto websites, like Ana said but the best thing to over-come an issue is just to force yourself not to, by telling yourself no.

It worked on me, but what I find nice is, if you change the color of the warframe background or so, it helps. as it feels like an different thing your reading    

The color change is a good idea. I'll try that since I never really liked the old style.

I check this forum as often as others check facebook and I would really like to quit the addiction. I've tried just not visiting, but I always come back. I have 0 warning points and would rather not attack people to get banned. Can a moderator just headshot me so I can never return?

I'm assuming that being banned will make the forum inaccessible to me completely. I don't mind not knowing what changes will come to the game in detail beforehand and I don't participate in the competitions.

Edit: Welp, there seems to be no solution outside of self-control. Thanks anyway, I'll give that a shot again and/or solve this somehow.

If e-gate was still active, I'd say farm that for a couple days...that'd make you drop the addiction and quit the game.