Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Most Favorite Tile Set?

Rakshal

Mars Phobos.

Seriously though, that tileset is basically Mars. I've basically decided at this part that it IS Mars and that huge asteroid base you see in the sky is Phobos, just placed in a geostationary orbit so it's always directly overhead.

Corpus Ice Plant ≥ Infested Ship > Gas City > Grineer Settlement > Grineer Shipyards > Orokin Void ≥ Orokin Derelict > Earth > Grineer Asteroid ≥ Grineer Galleon ≥ Corpus Ship ≥ Corpus Outpost

I only play alerts/invasions if it takes place on that tileset. Since invasions are currently broken with Ice Planet and Grineer Shipyard (you get shoved on a ship instead of the planet), I rarely ever play them.

The OD, the Corpus Gas Cities of Jupiter, and the Grineer Ceres tileset are all wonderful for me. They really have a wonderful amount of detail put into them that makes me appreciate them more than most of the other ones.

IMO, there's way too much going on with the Infested ships which makes it one of my least liked. It's like they took OD one step further and now I don't find the artistic clash that makes infested environments as beautiful.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Ceres. I love the detail and the atmosphere. And the rain. It's polluted but it's still rain, which is a big hook for me :P And I like how spacious the tiles are, it really opens up combat and exploration. Feels like there's more avenues to pursue than on older tilesets.

Probably the minority here, but I still find the regular Corpus ship to be among my favorites. More so when it's dark with infested. Just something about its simplicity; can't quite explain it.

Each new tileset is certainly well done and interesting in its own right though. I don't dislike playing on any of them.

Title. I'm curious. :3

Mine would have to be Europa's because I like snow maps in games (which is weird because I hate the snow in real life). I also find that Europa's tile set is really dynamic. There are places on the map where you can shoot explosive barrels and open up a hole in a wall or floor. Only problem I have with Europa is that there aren't many parkour routes. ;-;

The Europa tileset, without a doubt.

It just looks soo beautiful, it just makes me stop and enjoy the vivid scenery. Also, like you said, it is very dynamic and it has some secrets too. One time, I went into this snow cave, and I saw ice on one of the cave walls. So, as any sane person, I decide to shoot it, what could go wrong? Well, a poor crewman was in that ice, and his head popped out from the ice. Poor Crewman :(

• 4 weeks later...