Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Founders Stuff Get A Buff?

TheBrsrkr

DE doesn't cater to the minority, nor will they buff exclusive gear just because some feel they aren't "up to par", when in fact those exclusives still have a stat buff over the vanilla  

instead of asking for the exclusives to be buffed further (selfish btw), you should be asking for the vanillas to be buffed, and in turn, the exclusives are brought up to remain superior, that way even those who don't posses these exclusives can still reap some benifit

True, but this isnt Rift.

I will use the common argument because I like picking out hypocrisy. "They bought those packs because it contained exclusive gear." There should be no reason to make these just as good as current gear unless people just want to be greedy. Soon it will be "make my lato prime as good as a boltor". They got their reward when they bought the packs. How are we still prioritizing them when OTHER people help support the game just as much if not more?

Rift was simply a comparison of another game with Founder gear and being able to obtain it's variant. 

And it's not prioritizing buffing Founders Gear over other gear nor greed.  Those items have been ignored specifically to placate the part of the community that feels those items should simply be trophies.

Again, how is that "fair"?

DE doesn't cater to the minority, nor will they buff exclusive gear just because some feel they aren't "up to par", when in fact those exclusives still have a stat buff over the vanilla  

instead of asking for the exclusives to be buffed further (selfish btw), you should be asking for the vanillas to be buffed, and in turn, the exclusives are brought up to remain superior, that way even those who don't posses these exclusives can still reap some benifit

except that OP who is asking for the buff isnt a founder. hes asking for founders items to get a buff. he has no founders items. so its not selfish or hypocritical

The Skana and Lato?

Yeah.

They should be put on par with other Prime weapons.

Skana should probably be a teensy bit better than the Dakra, really.

Lato in general needs help. Not just the Prime.

I can't really say I have an opinion on the Braton... Even the Braton Prime isn't all that good though... Not as good as Soma or Boltor, at least.

I agree, it is completely selfish to want certain items used by hundreds if not thousands of players to be up to par and viable in game.

Horribly, horribly selfish.  

That means it's also selfish to request a buff or nerf on any other Warframe or weapon.

I think they should get a balance pass, like so many other weapons in this game.

More weapons should be viable \ comparable.

Whether they are exclusive or not.

... but, they are certainly not the only weapons needing some attention!

I said fix OR buff. Never said both were the same.

Also, that doesn't matter. The fact is that he is no longer accessible without having to cough up something expensive. As opposed to being freely accessible, now you gotta pay it for it (plat, mods, prime parts).

You can't just say "fix or buff" exactly because they're 2 completely different things. A fix adjusts something broken, a buff just makes something better.

How doesn't it matter? Even if spending platinums, you can obtain Frost Prime (Latron Prime and Reaper Prime) while there's no way to get any of the Founder's stuff.

I think they should get buffed so they're atleast T4 Viable. Not necessarily have to beat out like the Boltor P or Pre Nerf SG in DPS, but it should come close somewhat to players that have them can use them without feeling gimped.

You can't just say "fix or buff" exactly because they're 2 completely different things. A fix adjusts something broken, a buff just makes something better.

How doesn't it matter? Even if spending platinums, you can obtain Frost Prime (Latron Prime and Reaper Prime) while there's no way to get any of the Founder's stuff.

Ugh.

Fine, let's get rid of the fix part. What does it change? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

My original point is that the founders gear should not be buffed because people are saying the founders stuff is in-accessible to users. That is bullS#&$. There is no valid reason for this other than being jealous and spiteful towards those who have said items and don't want them to be used because "I don't have it" or "It isn't fair". 

Very well, you win on that point. However, my other point still stands. 

Oh and you can obtain the founders gear. Just that trying to do so isn't allowed and will lead to a ban

Edited by LordAntiFun

Exclusive and event items won't get buffed, because in many's eyes it would be "unfair".

I don't understand why DE doesn't treat rare items with more love, they are pretty much legendaries at this point, not many have them and there's nothing wrong with them turning heads since you'll only see some of them once in a blue moon.

I don't have lato and braton vandals and most of the event weapons, but they should be at least in the same league as marelok/lex prime, they are rare as hell.

Rare things should be good, not forgotten relics like what we have now.

When was the last time you've seen anyone with snipetrons, gorgon w, strun w, wraith vipers, braton and lato v ? Never pretty much, unless someone wants to show off the bling, but that's all it is.

Edited by kiteohatto

Fix OR Buff is still a viable statement.  Since Frost Prime is no longer in circulation, he can either be left in the dust as far as buffs go or, he can be overlooked when the next round of QOL changes come out, resulting in him needing to be "fixed" to be in line with the rest of the Warframes or simply Primes.

And, just nit picking at this point, you can technically obtain Founders accounts via unsanctioned purchase from the account owner.  

Ugh.

Fine, let's get rid of the fix part. What does it change? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

My original point is that the founders gear should not be buffed because people are saying the founders stuff is in-accessible to users. That is bullS#&$. There is no valid reason for this other than being jealous and spiteful towards those who have said items and don't want them to be used because "I don't have it" or "It isn't fair". 

Very well, you win on that point. However, my other point still stands. 

Oh and you can obtain the founders gear. Just that trying to do so isn't allowed and will lead to a ban

Dude, I didn't even mentioned anything about the buff.

I think they should get a balance pass, like so many other weapons in this game.

More weapons should be viable \ comparable.

Whether they are exclusive or not.

... but, they are certainly not the only weapons needing some attention!

I agree, there are many many other items that need attention as well.  But from what I've seen, the Founders gear isn't being touched due to politics.  

Dude, I didn't even mentioned anything about the buff.

I know you didn't. But that was entirely my point, the buff aspect that some people don't want because he is no longer in-accessible.  You nit picked the "fix" part because somehow "it doesn't work to put them together".

But in actuality, it does work. I never said they were the same at all. They are both different from each other, however, the people who don't want a buff will most likely not want a fix for it either. This is my entire point.

The frost prime bit was my mistake. He is accessible. But my point still stands. 

Because founders were the main factors behind warframe getting lifted up from the ground?

Grand masters payed a S#&$ ton of cash (250$) to support the game and get the goodies. Now you're saying "Oh let's leave the guys who helped make our game a reality in the dust."

So tell me: When will you be satisfied about your $250 spent 2 years ago? What's stopping you from suggesting the Skana Prime be buffed to match the next Primed one-hander? You're telling me that isn't Greed?

P.S. - In all honesty I don't care about a buff to equipment I can't even see, especially if they match others. But I have a pet peeve against hypocrisy and I love pointing out bias statements. But I think about people other than myself, mainly those on the PC. We are all part of this game's ecosystem, not just the Founder's. My money is just as valuable as yours, etc etc. 

So tell me: When will you be satisfied about your $250 spent 2 years ago? What's stopping you from suggesting the Skana Prime be buffed to match the next Primed one-hander? You're telling me that isn't Greed?

Lol, I never bought the package for the items. I bought it because I was astounded by the game. I sold my gear (excal, skana, lato) ages ago. And have I said I want it to be buffed to the Dakra Prime? Did I ever? No. I want it buffed, but not so much that it's OP. It should be balanced to avoid even further conflict.

Oh yes, you think about others hm? Tell me, do you speak for everyone? Do you speak for everyone who isn't a founder? Who isn't making biased statements? I don't have my gear with me, I can even show you right now that I don't have my founder stuff. So what reason do I have for being biased? 

I don't. My reason for supporting this is that my friends and fellow founders can enjoy their items. The items they payed money for.

No. No you don't speak for everyone on PC who isn't a founder. I know plenty who aren't founders and would support this change. Are they hypocrites? I can bring up everyone who isn't a founder here and post their quotes to show that you don't speak for everyone and that some aren't being biased.

Edited by LordAntiFun

This entire topic is kind of irksome for me. Please bear with the venom. I've tried to keep it limited.

​Perspective - when Frost Prime was unleashed, DE said that the idea behind primes (frames at least) was that they would all be LIMITED AVAILABILITY, and used as milemarker rewards. All of this hate, this entitled xboxbrat whining ... you guys (the non-constructive whiners) have had all of the other primes Handed to you. What did you do to get them, earn them, "be entitled to them"? You played a game. You enjoyed something that DE, and the more passionate portions of the community have worked very hard to make enjoyable to a wide variety of people. Nitpicking little details like a stat .... come on.

Those that don't have things they want and feel "slighted", quit complaining.

... that said, this discussion is the kind that makes forums unbearable.

That diatribe out of the way ...
Should the beta prime gear be buffed in line? Sure, I suppose. In the end, how much does it really matter? Yes, I'm a founder. Yes, I have Excalprime, and I earned Frost Prime by helping on the event and farming him out in the first few days. I'm fine either way. I keep it as a collector piece. I keep mine as a sense of accomplishment of sorts, to say "I've been part of this for this long".
Wanna buff something? Buff "region prime". I shelled out my $100 because I wanted to Contribute to the game in a more meaningful sense, and until recently, despised forums for these very unending discussions. Buff the gear, don't buff the gear, anybody that feels slighted as a founder because their trophies aren't as battle-ready, is looking at the wrong things.

P.S. - In all honesty I don't care about a buff to equipment I can't even see, especially if they match others. But I have a pet peeve against hypocrisy and I love pointing out bias statements. But I think about people other than myself, mainly those on the PC. We are all part of this game's ecosystem, not just the Founder's. My money is just as valuable as yours, etc etc. 

So, you're white knighting just to white knight?

As far as the hypocrisy bit; a none Founder started this thread, and most of the posters have been none Founders and quite a few of them agree that the Founders gear should be buffed.

Which biased statements are you arguing against?  Oh right, mine.  A none Founder. One of the most unbiased statements in this thread.  

GG