Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Founders Stuff Get A Buff?

TheBrsrkr

I agree with most of what you said until the part of "making these weapons super OP" part.

Any good points you've brought up are heavily overshadowed bye this view. There is more than enough animosity from the self entitled that can't or won't understand the differences between a Founder and how they helped make this game successful as investors and believe they should get those same items just because they think they are entitled to them.

The way you put it is make Founders OP therefore making a greater rift between them and the playerbase. This would also just say to everyone that's not a Founder that they are being treated as a inferior customer. Put Founder stuff on par, but not above, along with other early equipment. This way Founders have their investment profit (Founders items) still viable while also buffing items from early in the game for those that were here for it. Makes more things viable as well.

Not exactly what I meant, but I suppose it would seem like that wwith the way I wrote it. I'll edit for clarity.

Well, to be fair, they already knew these weapons would become obsolete years down the line.

It's what they signed up for. At least they got a golden drinking bird as well. He still has his uses...Maybe. )

And that starter plat as well.

Where did DE state that those weapons will become obsolete? 

And please, don't start with "fair"  We've already been over how it's an invalid tactic in this situation. 

Well, to be fair, they already knew these weapons would become obsolete years down the line.

It's what they signed up for. At least they got a golden drinking bird as well. He still has his uses...Maybe. )

And that starter plat as well.

True, but the argument of "it shouldn't be buffed because I can't have it" is about as childish and silly as it gets.

I'd be fine with them getting buffs so long as it doesn't make them too much better than the regular versions.

Really both types of Skana could use a buff tbh.

I was thinking, buff them all across the board, all Skana weapon types, all Lato types get some kind of buff.  It brings the Founders up to par and prevents anyone from crying exclusivity or preferred treatment. 

I don't know what to say about buffing founder items.

For starters, it would be; you got what you paid for: Items in which assist you through the begining; as most other "pre-order/investements" in other games go. They then get outclassed. If you were to also BUFF them considerably, it'd be quite unfair to those who have no way of obtaining this equipment. If you were to change it too much, it would then conflict with what your investment went towards; thus it's no longer the same item.

Personally, I find the Lato, the best handling sidearm: Accurate, No recoil, quick semi-automatic; just lacking in damage/crit/status. Then again, it's a Lato. The standard starting secondary firearm.

My idea of a solution? Make another variant of these "founder/prime" weapons, but accessable for all.

I.E. Dragon Lato, Dragon Skana.

Add a skin which can reflect how it looked, for these newly upped weapons.

Because this is my opinion on founders gear. 

It should be supported when needed (which is right now) and I support the founders who I identify with.

However, I do not let this "status" control what I am. 

I'm not driven to support everything the founders want.

I'm not someone who blindly wants everything for the founders.

But I want them to enjoy the things they have.

Does that mean I don't care about the other users who aren't founders? 

No. Not in the slightest. 

I am the same as a non-founder. Every founder is. They can say "Oh we have these emblems that shows we aren't the same" but no. That isn't true. At the very core, they are a user. The tag, the emblem, the status are absolutely meaningless. If I was allowed, I'd have removed my status and wouldn't care. Because I am just a user. 

If I appeared aggressive or arrogant in my responses, then it's my fault. But what I wrote above is my true and honest opinion.

Then you are a good man (or woman), and I must also apologize. I can certainly see where Founders are coming from. If I had exclusive gear, I would like to use it too. But I do also sympathize with the other crowd that are genuinely fond of the items from their experience with their normal versions, like myself when I found out I couldn't prime my Excalibur a month ago. Especially when considering what the term "Prime" has come to be known for compared to 2 years ago. It's topics like these that get me to play Devil's Advocate to test the reasoning going around and find if it is justified, and I do step on toes in the process.

In the end, this is just a video game for me. I'll support the game if I agree with the path forward, voice my thoughts and opinions where applicable, and move on if I feel I should. 

They have useful items in the form of todays weapons.

It's no surprise the first weapons in the game become relics and phased out.

That is the natural evolutions of things. They should have offered these primes as skins. Then nobody would be *@##$ing...

And gold was meant to be displayed :)

No that's not the natural evolution of things and by no means should be the accepted view of it.

Thanks for your investment cash to help start this game and make it successful, and in return we are going to give you some mediocre items that we will NEVER touch up to stay valid. (sarcasm off).

Skins would have been no different as even appearance gets updated as we are seeing right now, but there's a good chance the Founders stuff won't get these changes, nor some earlier weapons. I am pretty sure it happens because the company doesn't want to spend money and time on something that isn't bringing them in new capital, but it's a damn disrespect to Founders and everyone else the purchased plat for earlier weapons that won't be updated.

It really shouldn't be that much of an issue for DE to just give them a slight touch up once in a while. It doesn't have to be anything special, but a little nudge here and there would show the player base they are thankful of the support from their older customers who did purchase this stuff.

Saw this topic when it was first created, saw the OP and then decided to not return for fear of what has already taken place.

I should've stayed away.

I think it's a positive conversation, so far no mods have been asked to step in and provide clean up services nor has the OP abandoned the topic.

As far as Founders gear topics go, this one is going well.

I think it's a positive conversation, so far no mods have been asked to step in and provide clean up services nor has the OP abandoned the topic.

As far as Founders gear topics go, this one is going well.

Oh? I got the feeling of dislike when I read a few of the replies. Probably should've avoided that Hate post above x_x

Oh definite dislike lol but nothing immature, disrespectful, flaming, etc.

Ah fair enough. Only a matter of time :p

To remain OT (and not so negative) myself, I do feel it is slightly sad that in order to make the Skana Prime a little more useful, a (sexy) bandaid augment must be applied to it. In a way though, I suppose that is the buff it can receive without getting too much grief. Just need a Lato/Prime augment now...

Even when Founders was being given out the Lato Prime and Skana Prime were understood to not be incentives because they were good weapons (because they weren't) but because they were exclusive.

Honestly, I'm just happy enough that the Skana Prime is so usable with Bright Purity.  I actually do T4 survivals with it.

Fixed that for you.

And tell me exactly, how does that hurt you in any way?

What I want is for the weapons to actually be usable, and some us too want just that, you can easily get better stuff that's available for everyone in the game already. So again I ask, how is simply moving the founders weapons from poorly-mediocre to usable going to hurt your experience in any way?

Meh, old stuff doesn't really need to be buffed, does the Mk1 Braton need a buff?  Look to the future, old weapons get replaced by new ones all the time.

Mk-1 weapons are supposed to be weak. As for the old being replaced by the new, there's no reason that should have to apply to items in a game. Power creep doesn't have to be a thing.

Saw this topic when it was first created, saw the OP and then decided to not return for fear of what has already taken place.

I should've stayed away.

Am I that scary???

Fixed that for you.

HOw exactly are you suffering now?

First off, I don't care whether they should get buffed or not, I use them regardless of the state they're in.

But all these posts talking about fairness... seriously?

Is 5 (just taking a random number here) additional damage on a subpar pistol going to hurt you in any kind of way? You can still go on and use a Vaykor Marelok, Synoid Gammacor and whatnot and still be 1000x more effective than someone with a Lato Prime. A buff doesn't immediately equal to making it the most overpowered weapon in the game and it doesn't hurt your capabilities in the game in any kind of way.

Just because you don't have it, that doesn't immediately allow you to speak against a minor buff to make exclusive weaponry more usable instead of it being in the trash tier. For the non-founders against this, what if Lato and Skana Prime would be available to you? Would you use them in their current state? Would you want a minor buff for them?

Pay to win is an invalid argument too. You can't get these weapons anymore, no matter how much you fork out. They are worse than 80% of the weapons ingame (unless you have the Skana augment I guess...). Also, pay to win in a PvE game? Hah.

It obviously shouldn't be able to compete with the absolute high tier stuff, but it also shouldn't be at the rock bottom tier. In my 2 years I played this game, I have seen a single other person use a Lato Prime and Skana Prime. That says something about these weapons. Right now they have a show-off status, which they don't even fulfill since most people never use them because they're so incredibly bad compared to so many other choices.

As for Braton and Lato Vandal, same thing. I don't own them. I would certainly like to have them, but I cannot. I'm dealing with it, and if they get a buff? Good, then I at least see some good ol' closed beta Vandals again. Haven't seen one since they removed Braton Vandal from the Stalker.

If someone asks for a buff for the Strun Wraith (random example), I see few people arguing against it. Why? A wider audience has access to it, yet it is exclusive for a good chunk still. It's the same situation here, just that the audience that has access to it is much smaller. The bigger the amount of people that don't have an item of some sort and can't get it, the more people are going to speak against a positive change for said item...

Edit: Typos.. typos everywhere... excuse me, it's 1 AM here.

Edited by Storchenbein

And tell me exactly, how does that hurt you in any way?

What I want is for the weapons to actually be usable, and some us too want just that, you can easily get better stuff that's available for everyone in the game already. So again I ask, how is simply moving the founders weapons from poorly-mediocre to usable going to hurt your experience in any way?

Where did I say that this will hurt me?

HOw exactly are you suffering now?

I'm just saying that this topic isn't that important.

Besides that:

In some way Im for a buff to mid-tier for the founder weapons - but in the other way I'm afraid of some doors that maybe will get opened towards an Excal Prime buff; and that shouldn't be a thing.

So, imho, its better the way it is. Because no one is harmed.