Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Founders Stuff Get A Buff?

TheBrsrkr

You know, no one's commenting on the fact that Glaive and Glaive prime are nearly IDENTICAL in terms of stats. I think Skana/Lato,  AND Skana Prime/Lato Prime need buffs. Why can't the same rule that applies to the Glaives apply to the Skanas/Latos?

See the main issue is that founders items are exclusive to a select group. That's why this whole discussion started.

Glaive prime and Glaive sharing near identical stats is something that isn't as volatile as the community makes it out to be, so to them, it isn't as much of a "big deal" as what we have now.

Although in my personal opinion, this isn't really a big deal whatsoever.

Balance pass like other weapons yes. Buff no. Put several forms in those things and use it with your max mods on moderately difficult missions just to showcase em. That's about it... Unless you make stand and late prime ski slopes for any secondary or melee weapon respectively... Hmm...

Balance pass like other weapons yes. Buff no. Put several forms in those things and use it with your max mods on moderately difficult missions just to showcase em. That's about it... Unless you make stand and late prime ski slopes for any secondary or melee weapon respectively... Hmm...

You know, no one's commenting on the fact that Glaive and Glaive prime are nearly IDENTICAL in terms of stats. I think Skana/Lato,  AND Skana Prime/Lato Prime need buffs. Why can't the same rule that applies to the Glaives apply to the Skanas/Latos?

Glaive Prime flying 2x faster. This is a great addition to DPS.

I for my part can only say i gave up on most of the Founder stuff.

Excalibur needs a buff.Prime or not prime variant both are destroyed in my eyes.Its my most used WF and i stopped playing it for the first time.

Skana Prime is actually decent now with the new Syndicate Mod and i use it sometimes.

Lato Prime is the worst from this 3.Mine is maxed to the end and it sucks badly and is one of the worst secondaries in the game now.Its not even sad anymore and dont make any sense to ask DE if they could buff it.Alot people done it and it is still bad and gone even worse with the Lato nerf.Forget this gun.

My 2 cents.

Edited by K0bra

Excalibur needs a buff.Prime or not prime variant both are destroyed in my eyes.Its my most used WF and i stopped playing it for the first time.

Skana Prime is actually decent now with the new Syndicate Mod and i use it sometimes.

Lato Prime is the worst from this 3.Mine is maxed to the end and it sucks badly and is one of the worst secondaries in the game now.Its not even sad anymore and dont make any sense to ask DE if they could buff it.Alot people done it and it is still bad and gone even worse with the Lato nerf.Forget this gun.

My 2 cents.

honestly i agree with you

though i think the best way to solve it would be to release some kind of new weapon that is a founder's exclusive where you can trade in the lato prime

as for excal & prime,thats a whole 'nother ball of cats...

unless of course DE is willing to wholesale redesign excal >.>

My 2 cents.

+1 a Buff or total stat/skill rework on both variant will be nice.

Yes and no, frost, Excalibur, mag and like the early primes need a rebalancing buff or whatever you wanna call it, the new prime frames are drastically improved from their regular counter parts, the old primes need a second look... Also to people that complain about founders stuff, as a founder I would have no problem with you guys getting it too... As long as you fork over $250 like I did and the other founders, the only issue would be if you got it for free, that would be beyond BS.

Insert Incredibles meme:

IF EVERYONE WAS SUPER

THAN NO ONE WILL BE!!!

Anyway my 2c is that yes, they should get a buff regardless of what butthurt people are saying. I have yet to see an actual arguement as to why they shouldn't be buffed besides jealousy and greed. If they are as bad as founders are claiming it to be than why not. I must remind all of you that these people risked 50-250$ when they made that decision, they didn't have 100% +1 at the time but seemed to be in the range of 25-50% chance of the game being succesful. Although DE wants your money now, they needed their money last time.

If you helped start a company, would an exclusive pen be good enough for you? I think not. YOu are not entitiled to the same things simply because you paid. They didn't just give money.

Ahm... They did get more than a Frame and two weapons, you know. Where is that comparable with a stupid pen, when they get: a badge, a special forum avatar, a name on the starchart, platinum and a sigil on top of the frame and the two weapons?

Yeah, the weapons need buffs - but why should they get buffs before other stuff is buffed too? Did you really think they didnt get enough?

And yes, they gave trust too - not only money. It was a gamble.

The Founders gear is worse than the normal versions, and these guys paid a lot of money for it, and they can't even use it now.

If you want to use fair for this ,how is that even remotely fair to them?

Wait... the founders gear is worse than their normal versions? Where do you get that from?

Lato Prime -> slightly more damage than Lato

Skana Prime -> slightly more damage than Skana (and can use the augment for Skana too - so it's technically buffed already)

Excalibur Prime -> Energy restore in the Void

So, you see; Founders gear is not worse than the normal versions, its quite the opposite. And I still dont get why they cant use it anymore? Should really be bugged or something...

What do you mean with 'fair'?

Edited by Monster-T

Meh, old stuff doesn't really need to be buffed, does the Mk1 Braton need a buff?  Look to the future, old weapons get replaced by new ones all the time.

Still looking for a weapon that's the equal to Marelok, Latron P, Dakra P, Hek, Phage, Paris P. Your arguement is invalid.

The founders were well aware of what are they going to get.

It was not something that is random, i respect them because they helped the game in its earliest stages.

But saying they dont like the weapons now is just greedy.

It was not something that is random, i respect them because they helped the game in its earliest stages.

But saying they dont like the weapons now is just greedy.

In what way? The cheapest package was 50$. The issue with the weapon like Lato Prime according to the founders is that it's one of the bottom of the list weapons, founders want to be somewhere in between.

Come on guys seriously?

Its so sad that even Founders have to beg that their PRIME weapons get buffed that they are useable.I wont do that anymore.

Some people dont want to show off these weapons because of Epen,NO they actually wanna play with it because FUN you know?

Not every player needs attention from other players because of some "mighty" gear.

Lato Prime -> slightly more damage than Lato
Skana Prime -> slightly more damage than Skana (and can use the augment for Skana too - so it's technically buffed already)
Excalibur Prime -> Energy restore in the Void

Thats true but who plays with a Skana?

Best who even plays with a Lato?

The Beginners today run around with Rhino/Loki Primes and bought Boltor P,,Lex prime and Dragon Nikanas.No one cares a Skana or Lato.

So why you talk about these weapons like they are good or okayish?They arent .They are CRAP or why i never see them?Why not even beginners play with them anymore and buy instantly better stuff?I hadnt seen a standard Skana for ages and absolutely ZERO Lato.

And Founders that are all VETERANS have to play with that crap when they wanna have some FUN with their Rewards?It would kill you when Founders had some fun on their weapons?Cmon that are pixels and wouldnt change your gaming experience in no way.I bet you wouldnt see any Lato Prime in ages.I wouldnt even care when all people could buy it and see how much crap it is.

Skana Prime you can see it sometimes atm bc of the Syndicate mod.

This is eyeopened

Go to the wiki and check the worst secondaries in the game and compare them to the Lato Prime.I didnt even know that its so bad.

Edited by K0bra

Once again:

How would any founder be aware that the items they were going to be given would not get updated in any shape or form. We were told we'd be given these items and that's it. Not that: "Oh by the way, the items you're gonna be given wont ever be updated". 

Yeah, the weapons need buffs - but why should they get buffs before other stuff is buffed too?

Here's a bright idea:

Let's buff it as well as other things as well.

Why does everyone bring this argument up as if they can only buff these items or something. The devs can do both.

Than... what's the point of this thread?

Point?

The point is for a request to buff them.

But some don't want them to be buffed for whatever reasons that don't make any sense. 

But you seem to think they can only buff this or something else, when in reality, then can do more buffs on top of a buff to the founders gear.