Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Founders Stuff Get A Buff?

TheBrsrkr

Where did I say that this will hurt me?

I'm just saying that this topic isn't that important.

Besides that:

In some way Im for a buff to mid-tier for the founder weapons - but in the other way I'm afraid of some doors that maybe will get opened towards an Excal Prime buff; and that shouldn't be a thing.

So, imho, its better the way it is. Because no one is harmed.

Excal Prime should get the same treatment as the other Prime Warframes.  He shouldn't be buffed until he's OP, just put on equal footing as the rest.

Define "harm"  because from what I've seen, many Founders have paid hundreds of dollars for gear that is now invalid for anything beyond low to low mid tier.

In some way Im for a buff to mid-tier for the founder weapons - but in the other way I'm afraid of some doors that maybe will get opened towards an Excal Prime buff; and that shouldn't be a thing.

So, imho, its better the way it is. Because no one is harmed.

So, we shouldn't buff the founders weapons because then they would buff Excalibur Prime? Slippery slope anyone?

Excal Prime should get the same treatment as the other Prime Warframes.  He shouldn't be buffed until he's OP, just put on equal footing as the rest.

Define "harm"  because from what I've seen, many Founders have paid hundreds of dollars for gear that is now invalid for anything beyond low to low mid tier.

I think the buffing of Excal Prime is an totally other case than buffing the Founder weapons. But look - there are enough threads about this specific topic.

So, we shouldn't buff the founders weapons because then they would buff Excalibur Prime? Slippery slope anyone?

This whole topic is a slippery slope... sorry to say that.

Edited by Monster-T

I think the buffing of Excal Prime is an totally other case than buffing the Founder weapons. But look - there are enough threads about this specific topic.

This whole topic is a slippery slope... sorry to say that.

This topic is about buffing the "Founders stuff"   Excal Prime falls under the umbrela of "stuff"

And claiming that buffing the weapons leads to buffing the Warframe is a slippery slope and then turning around and saying that Excal Prime is a separate topic entirely is mental.  You can't open the door and then slam it when others walk through and claim it's off topic.

Edited by Noamuth

This topic is about buffing the "Founders stuff"   Excal Prime falls under the umbrela of "stuff"

And claiming that buffing the weapons leads to buffing the Warframe is a slippery slope and then turning around and saying that including Excal Prime in the argument is mental.  You can't open the door and then slam it when others walk through and claim it's off topic.

Looks like I got Tenno'd.

What he said^^

No cause its not accessible to everyone

Founders have a right to have their exclusive gear buffed up. On the other hand it's also fair that every new player gets advised at start that they won't be having the same experience founders do, no matter how much they play or spend money in the game. This very notice is already due at this time for transparency sake and would possibly significantly reduce complaint from new players.

And claiming that buffing the weapons leads to buffing the Warframe is a slippery slope and then turning around and saying that Excal Prime is a separate topic entirely is mental.  You can't open the door and then slam it when others walk through and claim it's off topic.

I tryed to not talk about Excal Prime because - like already said - there are soooo freaking many threads about Excal P. that it would be an absolute waste of time to discuss that again. I'm sick of it, really.

That was my first posting here about... about that waste of energy.

Edited by Monster-T

I tryed to not talk about Excal Prime because - like already said - there are soooo freaking many threads about Excal P. that it would be an absolute waste of time to discuss that again. I'm sick of it, really.

Others brought him up before you.  And from what I've seen, 99% of those threads are requests to bring him back, not have him buffed in line with the other Primes.

Others brought him up before you.  And from what I've seen, 99% of those threads are requests to bring him back, not have him buffed in line with the other Primes.

I've red a lot of these threads. Threads about bringing him back, buffing him to be on par with the other primes and threads about complaining about such threads.

And after all these miriards of similar topics I came to one conclusion: I think it would be healthier to let the founders stuff untouched.

Like I said; "no one is harmed" that way.

I don't see any reason they should be buffed up. Seems fine to me. They should be roughly on par with any other item of their type. No more or less.

You say they should be on par, but they aren't. Compared to other prime weapons they are terrible.

I've red a lot of these threads. Threads about bringing him back, buffing him to be on par with the other primes and threads about complaining about such threads.

And after all these miriards of similar topics I came to one conclusion: I think it would be healthier to let the founders stuff untouched.

Like I said; "no one is harmed" that way.

Except the Founders.  Who spent hundreds of dollars for gear that they can't use past Earth.

And that response is one of the biggest reasons I think Excal Prime and has gear should be buffed.  That entire package is being left in the dust just because "other people can't get it"  

Politics don't belong in a video game.

He meant that they should buff them to be on par, not that they are on par at the moment.

What I got from that was that BF thought they were currently on a good spot due to being roughly on par with similar things.

Edited by Noamuth

Except the Founders.  Who spent hundreds of dollars for gear that they can't use past Earth.

And that response is one of the biggest reasons I think Excal Prime and has gear should be buffed.  That entire package is being left in the dust just because "other people can't get it"  

Politics don't belong in a video game.

And what the hell is wrong with some old weapons that arnt as good anymore? Why'd you dont ask how many weapons out there having the same destiny like the founder weapons? Why'D you dont ask to buff them too?

The question is why DE should buff Founders gear... "Because of balance!"? Which "balance" I ask...

And... so the next question will be: Why should Founders gear get a different treatment than non-Founders gear? Because the Founders used some dollars in the earliest days two years ago and the non-Founders not? Tell me...

And why'd get Founders harmed if their exclusive gear isn't getting a buff? Why cant they use this gear anymore past earth? Is it broken or something? I dont understand that.

Edited by Monster-T

Want a Buff Cause your a Founder? WAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO.................... "A Person Wants to be Special Thread" again LOL!

LOL! You probably didn't even read the OP. You never looked at his name and his avatar else you would've noticed he is no founder. If you have nothing constructive to say you shouldn't post.

LOL! You probably didn't even read the OP. You never looked at his name and his avatar else you would've noticed he is no founder. If you have nothing constructive to say you shouldn't post.

I saw your avatar, fill up the "OMG hurt feelings report" and send it to stalker, Founders already have thier founders package thats enough privilege to Separate their VIP Accent from the Normal Players.

Edited by Rayzenfloss

And... so the next question will be: Why should Founders gear get a different treatment than non-Founders gear? Because the Founders used some dollars in the earliest days two years ago and the non-Founders not? Tell me...

And why'd get Founders harmed if their exclusive gear isn't getting a buff? Why cant they use this gear anymore past earth? Is it broken or something? I dont understand that.

All early gear should eventually get buffed. No one is disputing that fact. However, the founder's gear is exclusve to those select few who made the sacrifice ~2 years ago to get this game on it's legs. If you helped start a company, would an exclusive pen be good enough for you? I think not. YOu are not entitiled to the same things simply because you paid. They didn't just give money.

I saw your avatar, fill up the "OMG hurt feelings report" and send it to stalker, Founders already have thier founders package thats enough privilege to Separate their VIP Accent from the Normal Players.

This is not special treatment for the Founders. THe weapons they earned simply aren't viable anymore, and I would like to see them as such again. I am not a founder.

Looks like you're a bit... I don't know... butthurt?

What if you had an exclusive weapon that you really like but it just doesn't make the cut for even medium level enemies anymore? This thread is not different from a buff thread to any exclusive event weapon. Same thing, different groups that have the items.

This founder badge just seems to be a red cape for people like you. I almost want to disable it so that I stop getting stupid responses like yours directed towards me in threads like this. Like I said in my first post here, I don't care what happens to them, so you don't have the right to accuse me of wanting some sort of special treatment.

Edited by Storchenbein

-snip-

Alright, I'm on my phone so typos a bound.

It is broken. What other Prime gear do you know of that sucks that badly? That's the whole point. Prime is supposed to be better, not much but still better. The Founders gear is worse than the normal versions, and these guys paid a lot of money for it, and they can't even use it now.

If you want to use fair for this ,how is that even remotely fair to them?

Had to do some actual work this afternoon, so I'm a slowpoke responding to something 5 pages ago:

So tell me: When will you be satisfied about your $250 spent 2 years ago? What's stopping you from suggesting the Skana Prime be buffed to match the next Primed one-hander? You're telling me that isn't Greed?

P.S. - In all honesty I don't care about a buff to equipment I can't even see, especially if they match others. But I have a pet peeve against hypocrisy and I love pointing out bias statements. But I think about people other than myself, mainly those on the PC. We are all part of this game's ecosystem, not just the Founder's. My money is just as valuable as yours, etc etc

I disagree with the bolded statement.  Founders' money was worth more.  They supported the game in its infancy, and provided early funding for Warframe's development.  

I see nothing wrong with DE showing some appreciation to those folks by keeping the closed beta testers' and founders' weapons competitive with current gear.  Not top of the line, but also not so far below par that someone would feel like a prideful fool for taking them into missions.