Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Horrors Of Closed Beta Wf

TheErebus.

Nervos. There mere mention of their names Vietnam-esque flashbacks for all CB players

The Nervos were monsters. They were small drones of sorts that were fired from the Seeker enemies. Now what they do is that they latch onto you and COMPLETELY IMMOBILIZE YOU. You couldn't do anything to stop them. They get you, and you're royally screwed.

But there was a way to get rid of them... you had to have a teammate shoot them off. But they're tiny and the hitbox was dreadful. So you'd watch your teammate slowly die in pain as that one tiny Nervos kills them.

Oh and in Solo mode? Yeah you're dead. There was no way to stop them from continuing the pain. When they got on you, you either give up and quit the mission or press on knowing that another Nervos was waiting for you.

The boss drops.

Okay, so RNG in the game is bad. We all know that. But in CB, the boss drops were even worse than now. They dropped like Oberon, which meant that you either get a drop or nothing at all. And even then, if the drop fell off a cliff. Bye-bye drop! IT'S GONE FOR GOOD.

The boss drops.

Okay, so RNG in the game is bad. We all know that. But in CB, the boss drops were even worse than now. They dropped like Oberon, which meant that you either get a drop or nothing at all. And even then, if the drop fell off a cliff. Bye-bye drop! IT'S GONE FOR GOOD.

Nova was a nightmare

The boss drops.

I remember this being a thing when it came it out open beta, or something very much like it. Yea, the Vor battle was pretty common to have things fall into the pit.

Nervos. There mere mention of their names Vietnam-esque flashbacks for all CB players

The Nervos were monsters. They were small drones of sorts that were fired from the Seeker enemies. Now what they do is that they latch onto you and COMPLETELY IMMOBILIZE YOU. You couldn't do anything to stop them. They get you, and you're royally screwed.

But there was a way to get rid of them... you had to have a teammate shoot them off. But they're tiny and the hitbox was dreadful. So you'd watch your teammate slowly die in pain as that one tiny Nervos kills them.

Oh and in Solo mode? Yeah you're dead. There was no way to stop them from continuing the pain. When they got on you, you either give up and quit the mission or press on knowing that another Nervos was waiting for you.

The boss drops.

you didnt go back far enough

Must go deeeeper

You've triggered by PTSD.

Something to note, though. Nervos did not spawn while Solo; Latchers were thrown instead.

People could leave the session once a Nervo was stunning you, though...

Did they? I can't remember that much.

Still it wasn't pretty.

Also, another name change Scrubebus? When will it ever end?

Never.

Edited by LordAntiFun

omg the systems. THE SYSTEMS!

100+ runs.

/me cries in the corner and softly bangs his head against the wall.

*hug*

We've all been there...

I can give you a number to help you cope with the HORRORS of Nervos

1-800-kubrow-puppies

helped me after a bad time

THE OPERATORS OF THAT PHONELINE.

I HEARD THAT VOICE.

IT'S THE SOUND OF A NERVOS COMING TO STRIKE.

Edited by LordAntiFun

You should not miss nervos, nowadays we have such classics as arc traps, yeah ok, they aren't the terror nervos were, but as far as bad ideas and bad concepts, they kinda the same.

Edited by 7grims

i remember farming for ash for like half a year, a couple of runs each day. a nightmare... and the boss kept dropping nothing,or things i already had. i finally got my ash, when they switched his parts to the end of mission rewards.

With the bad there was some good. Any one remember the old mod system? where the Hek could practically one shot Ambulas(which i remember being the hardest at the time)? mmmm no shotgun fall off or accuracy change over distance :D

Remember when mods didn't stack in your inventory so that you'd end up scrolling through your collection for too damn long trying to find what you need?

Remember when dynamic music didn't exist and it was just the same four tracks or so over and over?

Remember when the rewards screen was so confusing you didn't know what you got half the time?

Yeah.