Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proof Warframes Are Humans In A Space Suit

Spindle99

For anyone that thinks the Tenno did not start as humans, go read the codex entries for Mag, Rhino, and Ember. Sure they're twisted into void spawned monstrosities that were harnessed by the Orokin, but they're still 'human'.

As for whether or not 'humans' as we understand them today exist in the setting, it's heavily implied that they do.

See:

Steel Meridian (Plus, who do you think the civilians they're protecting are?)

New Loka

Perin Sequence

Those Red Veil nut cases

The guys/gals in rescue missions.

The guys/gals in syndicate missions.

The NPC guys/gals walking around relays.

Corpus (sure they're brainwashed, but they're still human)

Darvo

Salad V

Darvo's Daddy

Edited by NobleHawk

Guest Caderyn

Tenno were humans. It was said in a devstream. Why people keep thinking they aren't?

Because it isn't said explicitly anywhere in the game. (At least not in a place that makes it blaringly obvious)

As for the Codex entries, they only make reference to test subjects and children, but it never says anywhere that they are human. Or else I've missed something simple

Edited by Caderyn

Another topic of those?

Seriously, we all know they're made of flash and blood, but some of us are those kind of people that prefer to believe in weird or very unlikely theories, just to be in the few chosen that "called it" when one of those theories turns by mistake out to be true.

Don't get me wrong, I respect them and I think they add spicy to speculations and lore, but still we all know how certain things truly are, there's no need to go on with this "proof here", "proof there"...

Tenno were humans. It was said in a devstream. Why people keep thinking they aren't?

Simply because:

- Elvis is not dead

- We never went to Moon

- Twin Towers were destroyed by USA themselves(well this could actually be true, but still...)

- Kurt Cobain was murdered

- Area 51 has aliens inside

- Pearl Harbor was known before it happened

- Paul McCartney is dead

I can go on....

Edited by siralextraffo

I'm pretty sure they're not "people" like we'd think of people. More like a vaguely humanoid mass of cancerous and void-warped tissue. Given the description of what is assumed to be a frameless tenno in the Rhino Prime Codex, they don't seem all that human.

Assumptions can be wrong, and given the "frameless Tenno"'s use of Warframe abilities I'm inclined to think they are - though this is a contentious point to be sure. The fact that Kaleen could identify "the ones from the Zariman" as children when she found them suggests something a little more solid than "a vaguely humanoid mass", but we'll need to wait to see more before we can fully grasp the exact what of the matter.

Guest Caderyn

I'm still not entirely sure who the people in the relays are. Are they pure humans, or Tenno, or non-suit wearing Corpus? 

Well the relays are full of humans or whatever you want to call humans in this game.

Lotus looks human.

Tenno have human anatomy, they even have breasts.

They have a high blood temperature.

They breath oxygen.

They bleed red blood.

They can die.

As I said, people have all kinds of weird ideas that I've read on this forum, about what they are but to me this pretty much nails it honestly.

They aren't robots.

They aren't energy beings.

They aren't space goo.

They aren't robots controlled by humans via remote controls.

They are humans (orokin) that had special powers embued into them form the void, they are basically just a guy or girl in a space suit.  They might look a bit freaky but they are definitely human (orokin)

Given that it's now obvious what they are can DE stop farting about and just tell it like it is and run with it?  They programmed the breath onto our warframes on purpose so it's not like this was an accident.

Edited by Spindle99

Assumptions can be wrong, and given the "frameless Tenno"'s use of Warframe abilities I'm inclined to think they are - though this is a contentious point to be sure. The fact that Kaleen could identify "the ones from the Zariman" as children when she found them suggests something a little more solid than "a vaguely humanoid mass", but we'll need to wait to see more before we can fully grasp the exact what of the matter.

My best guess: the warframes are literally a part of the tenno. The part we see is just the outer armored shell, the good bits that generate the superpowers and what not are all on or in the tenno's body. That's why a frameless tenno is able to use powers, the frame itself is just battle armor designed to assist and amplify what tenno are already capable of doing on their own.

And yes, the Ember codex does suggest that they are recognizable as humans, though based on the Rhino codex in a Humanoid Abomination sort of way.

Why is there a danger associated with field missions then?

Arguable in their case the resultant feedback of 'You died' backfires, much like dying in the Matrix dies in the real world. Maybe. I don't really know their mind to comment for them beyond inference.

Personally, it's why I stick to a more rudimentary 'Consciousness is directly tied to the frame' approach; if you kill the frame, the Tenno 'wearing it' goes with it because well...that's how killing people works. Short of any sort of metaphysical entity (which admittedly Vor implies to be possible to exist in some cases), it's why Hidden Messages has an actual sense of Pathos for the Lotus. It wasn't just a Warframe getting broke it was a Tenno getting killed with no way out.

She knew that what she got to watch was final. No coming back from disintegration. It's why the Revive system exists, perhaps; the Warframe can be forced beyond the point of death a finite number of times (naturally, 4 with the Asiatic themes they've got going) then that's it I'm afraid. Also may just be Orokin abusing Tenno Void traits for military ends, which makes perfect sense; a soldier you need to kill 5 times over and takes a lot to kill is one serious military asset. Then you've got more than one...

Whatever was left, the Void Imprint, may be the closest the Tenno have to a 'presence' after death distinct from their Warframe's.

Although I'm aware many see little difference between this stance and much of the rest of the Energy spectrum, it at least makes narrative sense with my understanding of the current information. That and the willingness to just explore the 'what if' aspect.

I'm not out to be right or wrong, I'm just wondering what, if anything, a different interpretation changes for the greater narrative context.

---

As for the prior comment about the 'nice butts': I argue that, due to the Orokin being supposedly human, they were being Anthropocentric in their design of the Warframes. They designed them, like the rest of their aesthetic approach, to 'look good' more than being 'practical'. Works on both a more base motivation and to be akin to the typical 'When you think of a God, they look like the thinker' aspect, as exemplified by Xenophanes concerning Anthropomorphism.

Ultimately? They're made that way because the Orokin couldn't make something not 'appealing' on an aesthetic level if their lives depended on it. Least they actually work in a military context at least.

At least, that's how I understand the context with the matters at hand.

Apologies for going on, as always.

My best guess: the warframes are literally a part of the tenno. The part we see is just the outer armored shell, the good bits that generate the superpowers and what not are all on or in the tenno's body. That's why a frameless tenno is able to use powers, the frame itself is just battle armor designed to assist and amplify what tenno are already capable of doing on their own.

And yes, the Ember codex does suggest that they are recognizable as humans, though based on the Rhino codex in a Humanoid Abomination sort of way.

If a Frameless Tenno can use these Warframe abilities, though, then how come we are able to switch between frames and gain access to all the variety of abilities that come with each frame - as confirmed by the Limbo theorem we do. That fact we can do that alone - and the fact that the likes of the Mutalist Mesa and New Strange Chroma are said/implied to not have Tenno within them but are still able to use their powers in their respective quests - also throws that theory into question.

There's the theory that Tenno can use ALL of their powers on their own, but if that's the case then why did the creature in the RPC ONLY use what are identifiable as Rhino Abilities - Iron Skin specifically - as opposed to a variety of 'innate' powers?

Edited by Morec0

If a Frameless Tenno can use these Warframe abilities, though, then how come we are able to switch between frames and gain access to all the variety of abilities that come with each frame - as confirmed by the Limbo theorem we do. That fact we can do that alone - and the fact that the likes of the Mutalist Mesa and New Strange Chroma are said/implied to not have Tenno within them but are still able to use their powers in their respective quests - also throws that theory into question.

There's the theory that Tenno can use ALL of their powers on their own, but if that's the case then why did the creature in the RPC ONLY use what are identifiable as Rhino Abilities - Iron Skin specifically - as opposed to a variety of 'innate' powers?

Slight modification to my theory, then: As per Vor, we know that the tenno are the source of energy. Perhaps they provide a "neutral" void energy that is shaped depending on what suit they are plugged into. A void battery could fill a similar purpose in an empty warframe, though it obviously does not provide the same level of combat prowess a real tenno does.

And since the RPC takes place in what seems to be an Orokin research facility, the Rhino we saw could be an early version with the power shaping devices plugged in free of a suit. A stretch, but not entirely unreasonable.

Personally, it's why I stick to a more rudimentary 'Consciousness is directly tied to the frame' approach; if you kill the frame, the Tenno 'wearing it' goes with it because well...that's how killing people works. Short of any sort of metaphysical entity (which admittedly Vor implies to be possible to exist in some cases), it's why Hidden Messages has an actual sense of Pathos for the Lotus. It wasn't just a Warframe getting broke it was a Tenno getting killed with no way out.

At that point, there is little difference. One can argue that you and I are both metaphysical entities attached to a flesh suit. The core principle of the energy being theory is that there is a mind capable of switching bodies, but based on current lore it seems to be a body capable of switching suits instead.

I think the big reveal is that We the player are tenno. We are the "energy" from the void that powers the WFs. How they fit that into lore, i dont know- but it feels like its going to be some variation of that.

That makes no sense at all though given the things listed.

I like to think that Tenno without their Warframes can just use pure Void energy like the stuff in death orbs but not focused like a beam. The Warframe is the one with the unique abilities but they are much weaker and unrefined until they have a Tenno powering it.

I just want to know why some of my suits turn me into a woman

Well if you play wow you can be a man or a woman, that part is explained by it being a game.  Would you want to be locked out of female frames if your first choice was Excalibur?

We also need Oxygen to survive, as gathered from Survival missions, and you can clearly see "breathing" in every frame's idle stance. Most pronounced on Nekros noble, his chest really heaves.

The main question is, what does the human look like after the Void corruption?

And my personal question, is that human actually in control of its body, or just a living vessel. My personal theory is that the Warframe refers to the suit and the human inside, while the Tenno is a disembodied force controlling it. I personally believe that a Tenno is a highly advanced Cephalon that controls these mindless vessels just like the Corrupted.

Whoops, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

please read the origins of tenno then fix this thing.

Slight modification to my theory, then: As per Vor, we know that the tenno are the source of energy. Perhaps they provide a "neutral" void energy that is shaped depending on what suit they are plugged into. A void battery could fill a similar purpose in an empty warframe, though it obviously does not provide the same level of combat prowess a real tenno does.

And since the RPC takes place in what seems to be an Orokin research facility, the Rhino we saw could be an early version with the power shaping devices plugged in free of a suit. A stretch, but not entirely unreasonable.

I lean more towards the speculation that the Technocyte Warframes themselves shift the wearer, partially consuming them into themselves - like Guyver units or the Venom symbiotes. Allowing for wearers of any build to utilize them - provided they're able to exert the control over them "the ones from the Zariman" seem to be able to in the RPC.

Other than that I do agree with you on the shaping of our energy to a point - again I must say that Mutalist Mesa makes it clear that Warframes are capable of doing these things on their own (hence my argument for the RPC creature being a Technocyte Alpha-version-'warframe' of sorts) but the power of the Tenno certainly fuels it.

I equate the Void power of the Tenno as being a sort of "super booster" that takes the abilities beyond what they would normally be and escalates them to the world-shattering power they are. The energy system may be included in this, particularly the Energy Siphon mod - siphoning from where? from the Tenno! - but that's rampant tinfoil-hatting.

I like to think that Tenno without their Warframes can just use pure Void energy like the stuff in death orbs but not focused like a beam. The Warframe is the one with the unique abilities but they are much weaker and unrefined until they have a Tenno powering it.

I agree with this completely, as I believe it was Void radiation - rather than fire - that burned Kaleen to the point that even her voice was affected by it.

Why is there a danger associated with field missions then?

The Cephalon can only transfer from one Warframe to the next when they are docked/plugged-in to your arsenal. If the Warframe is killed, then the Tenno Cephalon controlling it has nowhere to go and "dies" with it.

The Neural Sentry is a simple defense program that controls Corrupted (which are also living creatures) through the devices implanted into their faces. Tenno are simply independent versions of the Corrupted with an advanced AI, free from the Neural Sentry's control, which is why frames like Frost Prime have ornamentation similar to the Corrupted's implant. We know from Ordis that Cephalons are so advanced they can think for themselves, simulate emotions, etc, so the Tenno would practically behave like humans.