Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proof Warframes Are Humans In A Space Suit

Spindle99

Regarding the question of how we switch to different warframes, it's a called a 'disconnect from reality' (referring to in game reality). Basically, while each Tenno is an individual, we can jump between different ones to play what we like because it's a game. That's also why Ordis makes 'humorous' comments all the time, he's the game's only source of humor and breaks the fourth wall quite often.

Regarding the question of how we switch to different warframes, it's a called a 'disconnect from reality' (referring to in game reality). Basically, while each Tenno is an individual, we can jump between different ones to play what we like because it's a game. That's also why Ordis makes 'humorous' comments all the time, he's the game's only source of humor and breaks the fourth wall quite often.

I supported this notion for a while, but I don't think it's possible anymore. If for no more reason than

yyGsPCV.jpg

It's undeniably a canon, in-game reference to you swapping Warframes.

''We already KNOW they WERE people in suits''

fixed it for yah

They still are, a person that has been mutated and obtained special powers is still human.  Not one warframe is out of proportion with reality of a human frame size, there is nothing weird about them otehr than they have special powers.

All the X-men (magneto (mag), wolverine (valkyr), spiderman (valkyr), dr Xavier (nyx), hulk/juggernaut (rhino), frost (storm), multiplicity (mirage) etc are all still humans even if they are mutated and have special powers.

It's in the lore that they were human in appearance, the world is full of humans.  Tenno all look human and have all the characteristics of a human.

My guess is they went with a darth vader type deal where they can't exist out of the suit, they are still humans inside it though.

Edited by Spindle99

They still are, a person that has been mutated and obtained special powers is still human.  Not one warframe is out of proportion with reality of a human frame size, there is nothing weird about them otehr than they have special powers.

All the X-men (magneto (mag), wolverine (valkyr), spiderman (valkyr), dr Xavier (nyx), Rhino (hulk), frost (storm), mirage (muliplicity) etc are all still humans even if they are mutated and have special powers.

It's in the lore that they were human in appearance, the world is full of humans.  Tenno all look human and have all the characteristics of a human.

My guess is they went with a darth vader type deal where they can't exist out of the suit, they are still humans inside it though.

I think the m3nace was referencing more to what could have occurred to the being inside the frames over the vast centuries they've been afflicted with whatever the void did to them, sure they were human at some point but things change over time and what could have happened to them over such vast quantities of time is limitless. It isn't impossible they've developed into an entirely new or different species since the start, and that isn't even with us knowing how human they were at the start. 

Edited by Cubewano

I still maintain the belief that the people in the suits have heavy body augmentation done to them in order to wear the suit. Look at Nekros to get an idea what I mean. He probably doesn't have his original arms and legs. In fact, it's possible the body they use was crafted specifically for the suit. We know cloning is incredibly common technology in Warframe and I don't think the Tenno are above using it.

I still maintain the belief that the people in the suits have heavy body augmentation done to them in order to wear the suit. Look at Nekros to get an idea what I mean. He probably doesn't have his original arms and legs. In fact, it's possible the body they use was crafted specifically for the suit. We know cloning is incredibly common technology in Warframe and I don't think the Tenno are above using it.

so...our tenno has clones of itself suited to use each frame and we just rotate through those? 

He looks normal to me.

Necro_warframe_01.PNG

Everything points to super powered mutants in exo suits, no augments or robotics that you see in deus ex etc.

Given that, why are there no warframes that show the warriors head, with breathing apparatus of whatever.

so...our tenno has clones of itself suited to use each frame and we just rotate through those? 

That is one possibility of many. Perhaps not a clone of ourselves though. If it is true that a Tenno is a being that makes use of possession to operate the Warframes then it's also pretty likely they aren't attached to a single form. What is in the suit is just as likely to be someone else as opposed to us.

The body in Ember, Nekros, Nyx and Rhino were probably, at one point, all entirely different people. Possibly even clones of the original Tenno who assumed the identity. We simply switch between being these different people. We assume their identity and so do other Tenno.

How would this fit in with the rest of the frames they switch to? - unless you're suggesting that Tenno are little more than brains and spines (maybe a torso as well) that moves between the various Warframes in their possession?

Or are you suggesting that we swap out consciousness between random bodies still in the Warframes? Because, if so:

1) where do those bodies come from when we build a frame (that's the big one).

2) why don't we just swap into the frames themselves, rather than a body.

As for cloning, I got to thinking about it and it IS possible and makes a lot of sense - a purer, Tenno clone would be perfect for allowing the Grineer to see what they're doing wrong and allowing them to recorrect their technology, given they're from the. The Lancer Synthesis implies that the genetics need to be taken while the subject is alive for it to work (given the urgency with which the pair that find the Grineer worker act), hence Vor's interest in a living Tenno in Vor's Prize.

The only hiccup is that what does this mean for the Void energy we possess? Can it simply be cloned from one person to another? It's possible, though, depending on how deep it run in our DNA.

Edited by Morec0

That is one possibility of many. Perhaps not a clone of ourselves though. If it is true that a Tenno is a being that makes use of possession to operate the Warframes then it's also pretty likely they aren't attached to a single form. What is in the suit is just as likely to be someone else as opposed to us.

The body in Ember, Nekros, Nyx and Rhino were probably, at one point, all entirely different people. Possibly even clones of the original Tenno who assumed the identity. We simply switch between being these different people. We assume their identity and so do other Tenno.

if that was the case, it still leaves you to wonder what the core tenno are that is swapping between all these personas and how exactly it is done. (assuming your are suggesting a sort of uploading consciousness kind of set up)

He looks normal to me.

-snip image for space-

Everything points to super powered mutants in exo suits, no augments or robotics that you see in deus ex etc.

Given that, why are there no warframes that show the warriors head, with breathing apparatus of whatever.

Well, I dunno that I'd say normal. Emaciated, maybe? Getting a good look at him there his waist also looks all messed up.

Regardless, maybe I should have been clearer about that.

I don't lean heavily in either direction in regards to what kinda of modification the Tenno have gone other. Maybe it is mechanical, but that is more of a Grineer thing (Would be cool to see a Tenno with a mechanical arm though. That kinda quirky stuff is fun.). It'd seem like it'd fit better if the augmentation the Tenno were willing to preform on themselves was the genetic variety.

If it is true that the body inside each suit is merely a cloned 'doll' ready to receive a consciousness then it kinda fits that over time that doll, just like the suit, may get tweaked and worked on until it's perfect.

Well, whether to clone an animal is a bit of a different problem then whether to clone more of yourself. But you're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

Indeed. Honestly, the only difference between the Grineer and Tenno approach to cloning tech is that Tenno are cleaner and more...well...concerned with tending to the critters they make. That and admitted scale and intent. Cloning as a tool to make a pet more than continue the species.

Sure, there's a market for Kubrow genetic material but, put it this way: Grineer clone via some kind of Genetic Slurry Blender if the concept art on the Devstreams for the Underwater tileset are any indication. Tenno seem to just take a genetic code and tamper with the genetic base material of a suitable egg, akin to conventional era cloning in practice. Think like Dolly the sheep, actually.

Seeing as that's the case, I'd say that the ethical dimension is...interesting. Whatever the Tenno approach is to other matters...they seem unwilling to just leave cloned or genetically modified things to their fate, as is the case of the Grineer.

Although I admit I'm curious if the Grineer even know of the DNA stabilisers the Tenno use for Kubrow...but then, could just be tailored for Kubrow.

Regardless, the Tenno are certainly privy to an effective cloning technology; whatever that could or could not imply remains to be seen. Though considering that making Kubrows is so easy...it makes one wonder just how obsessed the Orokin were with screwing with the genomes of the system (ba dum tish).

Just imagine, in every affluent Orokin Era home, a genetic foundry to blend your own favoured Kubrow. Did they stop at modifying their own?

It's worth remembering the Orokin are why the Earth flora is so...effectively virulent. Could be they also made the Desert Skate, I imagine. And then we've got the weirdness that is the Technocyte, apparently.

Hmm. I guess this trope is possibly rather tied to the Orokin, if these aspects are truly their responsibility.

How would this fit in with the rest of the frames they switch to? - unless you're suggesting that Tenno are little more than brains and spines (maybe a torso as well) that moves between the various Warframes in their possession?

Or are you suggesting that we swap out consciousness between random bodies still in the Warframes? Because, if so:

1) where do those bodies come from when we build a frame (that's the big one).

2) why don't we just swap into the frames themselves, rather than a body.

As for cloning, I got to thinking about it and it IS possible and makes a lot of sense - a purer, Tenno clone would be perfect for allowing the Grineer to see what they're doing wrong and allowing them to recorrect their technology, given they're from the. The Lancer Synthesis implies that the genetics need to be taken while the subject is alive for it to work (given the urgency with which the pair that find the Grineer worker act), hence Vor's interest in a living Tenno in Vor's Prize.

The only hiccup is that what does this mean for the Void energy we possess? Can it simply be cloned from one person to another? It's possible, though, depending on how deep it run in our DNA.

Well, I'm saying what I'm saying here is all based on one single assumption - which is that the old player school of thought "The Tenno has a floating consciousness" is true.

I made a joke thread about it a while back because for the longest time I personally didn't like the sound of the idea, but DE seems to be leaning towards it a bit.

The body we are in during Gameplay is not actually us. It is a doll. One we possess. Our actual body is somewhere else. Maybe it is in the Liset, maybe it's hidden. Who knows. Maybe we have no original body at all anymore. We are simply a thing jumping between the bodies we DO have long after our original one died on us.

I think ALL the Tenno we build and play in are Clones. I doubt any of the original Tenno are in their original body. Building a Warframe is also build the Clone meant to go inside it. When we play that Frame we are inhabiting that empty Clone.

As for the #2, that is the rough spot in all this for me too. 

Maybe I'm right. Maybe you can't just use any old clone for this. Maybe it HAS to be a Clone of the original person to manifest those powers and assume that identity.

It was a specific woman who became the first Ember. Her body was perfect for it. To manifest those same powers ourselves WE must assume HER form. The form of the only person who can be Ember.

@AM_Bunny: I don't see it as canon in the same way you do. Every time Ordis says 'operator', it seems more like he's talking to the player him/herself rather than the Tenno in the Liset.

I think that's sort of confirmation bias, but we all have the right to believe what we want, I suppose.

Sorry for being mean :S

Haha, I thought you were sarcastically criticizing my post, I'm sorry too XD

Just because something breathe, does not mean its human. It means, its a living organism.

The warframes inside the suit might be living organisms, humans that were experimented upon the times of orokin empire.

A living creature, just like mother earth, she breathes too. We are the virus. Earth is having a fever. 

What does the human body do when it is attacked by this virus? It heats up to kill the virus. 

Global warming. 

Yah I know :/

I was just being cynical about the logical conclusion the OP made.

"If it breaths, then it must be human or have a human inside."

Hence kubrows breath, then they must have a human inside them.

It´s already stated that the frames are formed around the bodies not vice versa. The proportions of necro are fitting the style of a necromancer using dark magic (in this case his void powers) of a thin, anemia individual using his body, blood, life energy to cast his spells. The design is still perfectly in line with the human body aspect. Just remeber pictures of "not so well fed" humans.

Edited by VoidNomade