Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crowd Dispersion Does Absolutely Nothing

Zeddypanda

That's not an overstatement or anything. Every time I see my Wyrm emit its radial thingie, I see zero reaction from enemies. They don't get stunned, they don't get slowed down, they don't get knocked over, they don't flinch, they don't take damage, they don't even get moved by a single inch.

What exactly is this ability supposed to do? Is it supposed to be at all balanced with Shade's infinite invisibility?

My Crowd Dispersion is at level 4 out of 5, and I'm not very tempted to bring it up any further.

Edited by Zeddypanda

I think it must be a small random chance of stagger (when they stumble back for a second).  When I'm on a low level planet and I have warrior mod unequipped (because I'm ranking up a melee weapon), I have seen mobs die for no reason at all next to me.  I assume that that is somehow caused by the crowd dispersion, but who knows.

Crowd dispersion deals a *light* amount of damage with a chance to stun.  Though by light I mean that it takes two or three to take out a corpus camera.

DE really needs to fix its effect here because it's hardly noticeable and doesn't really do what it says on the card, at least no where near reliably enough.

Well since I have my Wyrm upgraded with that potato to double its capacity, I'll max that ability later on.  I do see that it does, ever so often, causes enemies to flinch at least but its just a chance.  I think the key is that it's a chance that it will temp. stun enemies.  And yes, it does do damage, but its not suppose to be ultra powerful or else it would amke things too easy.  I will say that having a high level and modded Wyrm on a low level planet, is really useful if solo'ing because it can bascially fend for itself.

Anywho, just focus on the other abilites and max them out instead.

What's to max?  I don't think fusioning it does anything other than raise it's cost.

Crowd Dispersion on my Wyrm never goes off.  If it does, I don't see it and it doesn't affect anything.  Even worse, there are two empty slots because there are only 6 possible cards to put on a wyrm.  Why does the wyrm have 8 slots for 6 cards?

I'm not asking for the slots to go away; rather make new cards, and FIX Crowd Dispersion.

At least ghost works...

I will say my wyrm is a murdering blood demon.  With warrior fully upgraded and the laser rifle supercharged and pimped, he can solo anything less than level 10 in one volley and most lev 20 stuff in 2-3.

And re: ArsVampyre's observation of only 6 cards, DE will be releasing more, that has been said.  There will be more sentinels, and more sentinel mods.

In my experiance crowd dispersion is only reliably triggered when you stand between two or more inactive turrets. Beyond that it pretty much never activates, and if it does it quite literally does nothing. I do much prefer wyrm over shade because of warrior + cryo rounds... but crowd dispersion- like regen- really isn't much help and points are better spent on shields and health. I'd love to see DE fix this.. but i get the feeling it'll be awhile- if at all.

Several other sentinal bugs i've addressed in other threads will probably be awhile before we see a fix as well... =/

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

@AnalogAnomaly
What I think is happening is this:

If you ever watch Crowd Dispersion take effect its a very small white ring that emanates from Wyrm.  Because of that it targets at Wyrm's height, and because it is almost always higher than the enemies it rarely goes off.  The other issue is that I think the sphere effect from the stun isn't hitting many enemies because of how far off the ground he is meaning they pretty much need to be directly under him.

Those are just my thoughts on what may be happening because like you said the only times I really see it work is standing next to corpus turrets.

@AnalogAnomaly

What I think is happening is this:

If you ever watch Crowd Dispersion take effect its a very small white ring that emanates from Wyrm.  Because of that it targets at Wyrm's height, and because it is almost always higher than the enemies it rarely goes off.  The other issue is that I think the sphere effect from the stun isn't hitting many enemies because of how far off the ground he is meaning they pretty much need to be directly under him.

Those are just my thoughts on what may be happening because like you said the only times I really see it work is standing next to corpus turrets.

I suspect you are entirely right on this.

I suspect you are entirely right on this.

If we I am correct about this an easy fix would be to make it a cylinder instead of a sphere centered on the sentinal.

Then it would be useful and fix the problems with the mod.

In my opinion, it should do full knockdown like a shield lancer.  Making it have a very noticeable and helpful effect would bring it in line with ghost, which is also very powerful.  When you think about it, stunning every enemy for ~2 seconds in close range is similar to becoming invisible to all enemies at close range.

What is most baffeling to me is this,:

Ive never once seen this issue adressed in either update info, OR DEVS adressing it on this forum or in theyr livestreams???

Are they not aware of this problem???

How could they not be?, its only been posted what,... 20 times now?

I thought the moderators would report issuses like this to the DEVS, especially if its a problem being posted over and over,..

What is most baffeling to me is this,:

Ive never once seen this issue adressed in either update info, OR DEVS adressing it on this forum or in theyr livestreams???

Are they not aware of this problem???

How could they not be?, its only been posted what,... 20 times now?

I thought the moderators would report issuses like this to the DEVS, especially if its a problem being posted over and over,..

So have the various lockups with the menu system, and the game-breaking lockdown stuff, and many more serious bugs. At least you can avoid this one by using the other sentinel for now...

So have the various lockups with the menu system, and the game-breaking lockdown stuff, and many more serious bugs. At least you can avoid this one by using the other sentinel for now...

Ill agree theres definetly more urgent bugs around,

and the Devs are doing a great job of updating and listening to the fans,.

So im not ungreatful, just a little impatient..

Personally I don't care for shade. I have them both and just plain don't feel that shade is as useful for my playstyle as wyrm is. That boils down to preference though. Both are useful, it's just one of wyrm's useful features is currently broken.

I don't think forum moderators serve the purpose of reporting issues to devs, and perhaps... this topic belongs in the bugs section to get the attention it deserves.

Ill agree theres definetly more urgent bugs around,

and the Devs are doing a great job of updating and listening to the fans,.

So im not ungreatful, just a little impatient..

Oh, totally understandable, you're not the only one. I'd love a decent AoE stun too, for some frames, and was a little irked when I realised how rubbish it was.