Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Support And Damage

Phyrak

Hey all,

I was playing through some of my more support frames - Chroma, Oberon and Nekros (for his recycling abilities)

They all have some sort of ways to cause direct damage to their enemies.

Now - for those whom say she is a cleric/priest -> if you look through D&D/WoW etc

though they are supportive - they have some ways to be very very aggressive - throwing both powers of dark and burning light to the enemy.

So, why not give her the same type of powers?

well of life:

Siphon life from 3/4/5 enemies near you - healing yourself as well as any nearby allies

- deals slash + guaranteed slash proc

- 150 damage per enemy

- can stack onto 1 enemy if no others around

- heals for 3/4/5% of health per enemy hit

augment:

bringer of plagues:

% chance to proc

toxin, fire, shock with damage to mirror

Any proc followed by another proc causes a blind in a 10 metre area for 3 seconds - unaffected by duration or range

energy vampire:

- deals 300 cold damage + guaranteed cold proc

- creates an explosion of ice

- thrown as an orb or spear => enemies within the area effected grant energy back to trinity + surrounding allies

- 10 meter radius from impact zone

- 3/4/5% of energy restored per enemy hit

augment: stays the same

link:

stays the same - with one change.

toggled akin to this way of toggling:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/352857-toggle-able-abilites/

augment: stays the same

blessing:

stays the same

thank you for reading,

thoughts and comments welcome,

-Phyrak

Edit: 400 posts! :DDD

Edit 2: added additional info for 1/2

Edited by Phyrak

im sry to say so but u havent see anything from trinitys real power

trinity is one of 2 or 3 frames that can deal unlimited dmg and in a lot of missions she is the last frame that is still able to do dmg

and if u play against enemys with a lvl thats high enough trinity is always the one with the most dealt dmg at the end of the mission

i rly hope that DE dosnt listen to this thread

if they did the changes ur sugesting it would be the greatest nerf done to a frame in a rly long time

even the last excal nerf is not as bad as the stuff ur suggesting

my tip is play trinity a little more give here some forma and try to take a closer look at her abilitys and maybe do a defense till wave 100+ so u can experience what im talking about

For those who don't know the Power 1+2 trick, is that when you activate Well of Life, the health of the enemy multiplies by 10, and you know that Energy Vampire deals 5% of the max health of the enemy. But! If you activate Energy Vampire on the enemy at the end of Well of Life, the first power will end before Energy Vampire, but power 2 will keep doing the damage it used to in Well of Life... So you can pull out extremely high damage to pretty much anyone. I can 1 shot Tyl Regor or any boss you just shoot.

do any of loki abilities cause real damage to enemies? i know i never cared to really examine it. 

anyhow, she has guns which far surpass power damage. i mean really, unless you just have a fetish about running through low to mid level maps owning things with your power this is the most meaningless thing to care about. 

do any of loki abilities cause real damage to enemies? i know i never cared to really examine it. 

anyhow, she has guns which far surpass power damage. i mean really, unless you just have a fetish about running through low to mid level maps owning things with your power this is the most meaningless thing to care about. 

No Loki doesn't deal any damage, unless it's Drones/Ospreys with Radial Disarm

Wow

I was just wanting have a bit of fun and give Trin a few more offensive options

Yes, I know about the trick which can tear apart high level enemies

I am also looking at this from a new player perspective

Trin being full support has it's uses - but she can only cc a little

With the bit of fun I was having above - I would both give her more cc and a bit of damage on the side

Like that of her forbears of D&D

Because trinity can give the entire team 99% DMG reduction for the whole mission

That's why

Please read the first post

Blessing stays the same

Her lack of cc and some damage potential is what was added

Please read the initial post before commenting - as I didn't touch blessing due to its healing and DR

Since no one else is saying it I will. There's a reason that almost every Warframe player will immediately turn down any offer to change Trinity: She went through some massive changes over the past year, ever since they removed the instant invincibility on blessing. DE has FINALLY moved on and tbh trinity is in a really good spot right now, being the tankiest frame in the game (yeah, rhino hasn't been the tankiest for quite a while...). Any more changes would likely snowball into another avalanche of buffs/nerfs. Sorry, but I don't think trin will be changed for a long time. :/

Edited by Ironlixivium

Since no one else is saying it I will. There's a reason that almost every Warframe player will immediately turn down any offer to change Trinity: She went through some massive changes over the past year, ever since they removed the instant invincibility on blessing. DE has FINALLY moved on and tbh trinity is in a really good spot right now, being the tankiest frame in the game (yeah, rhino hasn't been the tankiest for quite a while...). Any more changes would likely snowball into another avalanche of buffs/nerfs. Sorry, but I don't think trin will be changed for a long time. :/

Yes, she's the tankiest

But into late game, cc is king

If cc can be done whilst giving a major amount of healing/energy to allies - then she will exemplify at her job

I just added a few extra bits into her ability profile

The augment gives an almost guaranteed blind to all enemies within 10m when sided with energy siphon

Which also gives back a decent chunk of energy - the question is to have the health from 1 and energy from 2 to scale with power strength?

Because that could make her even more powerful IMO

Her cc potential sided with her impeccable way to keep a team going with these changes would further her uses

The armour ignore of link, combined with 1/2 would mean you could completely nullify armour whilst keeping a small unit of enemies out of actions if you decide to play her for melee

If support caster - then spam of 1/2 would give you and your team health and energy at will

If you wish to play by 4 with duration - it's uneffected, so go ahead

The changes to Excal got me thinking of how older frames could do with a polish of new abilites - that's why her 1/2 are that of damage/cc whilst providing assistance to her team - all the rest stays the same

No @Weidro, I'm not trying to nerf her

Rather, I'm taking a look at her concept from another angle in which I would be hoping to increase her uses to a team or in solo play

Please read the first post

Blessing stays the same

Her lack of cc and some damage potential is what was added

Please read the initial post before commenting - as I didn't touch blessing due to its healing and DR

Please read my post because you don't understand.

Please read my post again

Please read

Please

Read

I'm saying that because blessing is so powerful, she is fine as she is

Trinity can already instantly kill any enemy that takes damage from EV with the WoL+ EV combo (minimum duration build,) and can also blow herself up with 99.5% damage reduction and Link to attack groups of enemies on a high duration build.   If you want niche damage potential, you got it, and it's already much more potent than what you suggest.   

the reason people are bringing up what else Trinity brings to the table is because she in general lacks significant CC or Damage because she is so powerful at Supporting with Healing, Energy, and being a Spearhead Unit that can always take the frontlines and act as a protective Shield for the Squad.

- - - - -

Augments to alter existing Abilities such as Well of Life or Energy Vampire into more offensive angled ones is always possible.

otherwise, all we need to do is heavily adjust Well of Life because it's only good for smiting single Enemies with Well of Life or levitating Synthesis Targets.

in combat, it doesn't really have much of a use. i guess we could ignore it's name and 'features', and just consider it a way to put a single Enemy in Stasis if you don't want to deal with it immediately - but is JUST that worth an Ability Slot? i'm not sure it is.

keeping the smiting combo for Energy Vampire would be ideal, just, also making Well of Life useful in some manner.

which has spurred plenty of options.

Well of Life Targets link to Players, reducing the Damage they take and directing the extra Damage to the Well of Life Target

can give OverHealth as well as Health

Well of Life Targets link to Players, acting like a 'group Quick Thinking' until the Target dies or Ability expires

Et Cetera.

current mechanics are also :/

the maximum Health leech amount is way too low. something around 1000 modified by Power Strength would be so much more useful than it is now atleast.

oh and Pool of Life is a complete joke of an Augment. but i think we all know that by now.