Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Everyone Is Fine With Gta:v Pc Release Costing $60?

KidMemphis

I'm amazed by the general consensus that doesn't seem to have a problem with a two-year-old console port being released on PC two years after the initial release of the game for the same price as it was two years ago...  o.O

Don't get me wrong, I played the game when it was released in late 2013 on my old Xbox 360 and loved it, but seriously...it's a two-year-old port.

I mean I know I'm a bit salty about this, but seriously...where is the public shaming towards Rockstar from the PC gaming community?

I got it on Gamersgate so I got £18 worth of blue coins back for a £40 purchase. Even if that money is locked into a single retailer, I'm pretty happy with that deal personally.

I'm not a big fan of this new price point though, publishers seem to be using next-gen as an excuse to bump prices up to £40/£45 from the old £30/£35 mark.

Edited by Jag272

Why shame? They were making it the definitive edition of the game. It's a great game that many are happy with so they wanted it to be remembered as the best it could be, so they added more cars, better textures, the editor to make your own movie. If you want your game to be remembered with this last editon, then I say take as much time as you need to make it grand.

Who cares? I've got the PS3 version anyway.

The Last of Us Remastered was at somewhat full price too. It had a full graphical overhaul along with a few tweaks and the extra content. The PC release of GTA V isn't much different to that, and besides, they know people will buy it anyway.

People wanna spend 60 bucks on it? Let em.

Firstly, this is nothing strange because AAA releases (re-releases or not) almost always cost $60 at first. Secondly, the game is really, really, really good. Granted, I haven't touched GTA V itself, but am spending a fair amount of time in Online, which is the best fun I've been having in quite a while, Warframe aside.

Consumers are cows. They got it and they'll pay it.

I still try to vote with my wallet a bit. Spend more on devs I like and refrain from buying from devs/franchises I'm not happy with. I gave up arguing about it on the internet long ago, though. Everyone claims indignation about this sort of thing but then the same companies break sales records selling the same games the same way -or even in worse ways- so either the forums and boards aren't big enough for the conversation to matter or everybody is full of crap.

Edited by VKhaun

Well it is more likely that the high street retailer brands got Rockstar to sign some kind of contract that stops them from listing there game cheaper than high street price at launch. 

No disrespect, but I don't think you know what you're talking about...

Who cares? I've got the PS3 version anyway.

The PC release of GTA V isn't much different to that, and besides, they know people will buy it anyway.

what about pc modding? this make a big difference 

also the 60$ price is only because its new, if we wait a bit it will low like almost all games on PC

Edited by cob_metallica

It's a bloody good PC port, one of the best ports if not the best in the last few years, and even if it looks blergh'er than a lot of other PC games, it's a really good game in and of itself. It took them a long long time to port it but it's worth it. :p

I think it is worth the moneys, but that doesn't matter because Gaben will give it a 25-40% off for Christmas or something.

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. This is like saying *I want new Ferrari, but i dont want to pay the price. It is unfair!*.

Not at all similar...

A game being two years old in gaming time is a long time

...and if you still want to use the "car" analogy, imagine me trying to sell you an old car for ticket price of what it cost when it was new from the dealership...you honestly going to tell me you'd actually pay new ticket price for an old model?