The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Need More Love!

LunarFlower

This is the amazing "rework" kubrows gonna get? lololol

It's like ppl are starving, and they trow crumbs at our feet.

This is the same as the archwing getting a suction effect for drops, a continuous meaningless "upgrades" to bad stuff.

Disappointing, thats why I ignored kubrows, and I shall keep ignoring them.

To be fair, she never said it was a rework. It's just some additions/changes to Kubrows they are working on to let us know they didn't just abandon them. These things need to be discussed(not all team members agree on the same thing) and take time.

Edited by EmptyDevil

To be fair, she never said it was a rework. It's just some additions/changes to Kubrows they are working on to let us know they didn't just abandon them. These things need to be discussed(not all team members agree on the same thing) and take time.

The problem is, the ideas she suggested they're working on are unnecessary and just plain bad.

Yes, I know Kubrows were supposed to be all Virtual Pet like, but the jury is in: THAT ISN'T WANT PEOPLE WANT.

We don't WANT to spend mountains of credits on DNA Stabilizers. We don't WANT to have to log in and pet the Kubrow practically every day. We don't WANT to risk having a Kubrow die because unforeseen circumstances prevented us from playing for a couple of weeks or so.

The answer is unbelievably, RIDICULOUSLY simple! Remove DNA Stabilization. Easy, simple, done.

You can even keep the loyalty nonsense and the 3-hour unfreezing delay if you absolutely have to. Just REMOVE DNA STABILIZATION.

I know I'm all-capsing a lot, but damn it, this is important. The answer is sitting right smack dab in front of them and everyone seems to see it but them.

The problem is, the ideas she suggested they're working on are unnecessary and just plain bad.

Yes, I know Kubrows were supposed to be all Virtual Pet like, but the jury is in: THAT ISN'T WANT PEOPLE WANT.

We don't WANT to spend mountains of credits on DNA Stabilizers. We don't WANT to have to log in and pet the Kubrow practically every day. We don't WANT to risk having a Kubrow die because unforeseen circumstances prevented us from playing for a couple of weeks or so.

The answer is unbelievably, RIDICULOUSLY simple! Remove DNA Stabilization. Easy, simple, done.

You can even keep the loyalty nonsense and the 3-hour unfreezing delay if you absolutely have to. Just REMOVE DNA STABILIZATION.

I know I'm all-capsing a lot, but damn it, this is important. The answer is sitting right smack dab in front of them and everyone seems to see it but them.

Pretty sure some people would prefer it to keep a pet-like function for a few reasons. The only solution isn't just removing the DNA stabilization either. Like i said in another post. 

If DE would rather keep the DNA deterioration on Kubrows, i think it should take an entire month or two for our pet to die. I feel like they rot away a little too fast and this way it would give players plenty of time to gather credits passively and use a stabilizer.

The rate should be every 24 hours makes it lose 1.5% or 2% of it's DNA integrity instead of 10%. It gives players close to 2 months to take care of it while keeping it more pet-like.

They could also keep the DNA stabilization and replace the perma death with something more lenient. Your kubrow reaches the lowest point of DNA integrity? Make the player unable to use that Kubrow until they boost it back to 100% and let it rest for 5 days.

The loyalty feature isn't that big of deal but all of my no for the 3 hour stasis sickness. There are 4 types of pups and some are better for certain mission types, so you shouldn't have to wait 3 hours each time you want to use your pup. Can you imagine having to wait 3 hours each time you change a sentinel?

This is the amazing "rework" kubrows gonna get? lololol

It's like ppl are starving, and they trow crumbs at our feet.

This is the same as the archwing getting a suction effect for drops, a continuous meaningless "upgrades" to bad stuff.

Disappointing, thats why I ignored kubrows, and I shall keep ignoring them.

These are small scale experiments in two areas: increasing Mod utility (with a single example) and making small steps toward the review of the Stabilization system.

As I said, there are still ongoing topics of discussion that appeal to the broader criticisms that have turned some Tenno away from Kubrows in the first place. So indeed the listed items don't feel like a Silver Bullet, because they certainly aren't.

No one is forcing you to use Kubrows just like no one forces you to use any sub-system in any game that you don't like - optional content is optional, and your choice to play what you like is (and always will be) completely fine. However, please refine your remarks into constructive feedback instead of sarcasm.

Totally! And I'm so sorry if it was perceived as otherwise to anyone - the mere thought of tweaks coming to Kubrows felt good enough to share because I'm hoping it'll pave the way for more.

These are small scale experiments in two areas: increasing Mod utility (with a single example) and making small steps toward the review of the Stabilization system.

As I said, there are still ongoing topics of discussion that appeal to the broader criticisms that have turned some Tenno away from Kubrows in the first place. So indeed the listed items don't feel like a Silver Bullet, because they certainly aren't.

No one is forcing you to use Kubrows just like no one forces you to use any sub-system in any game that you don't like - optional content is optional, and your choice to play what you like is (and always will be) completely fine. However, please refine your remarks into constructive feedback instead of sarcasm.

Totally! And I'm so sorry if it was perceived as otherwise to anyone - the mere thought of tweaks coming to Kubrows felt good enough to share because I'm hoping it'll pave the way for more.

Thats why we love you Rebecca.

Who is with me?

tumblr_mzrgfrFd4X1t0dn92o1_500_zpsc7wdni

I like to have my favorite kubrow out of stasis, but i always worry about it, what if i, for some reason, such sickness, no internet/pc or other reason i can't access Warframe for some days and the kubrow dies...

i would like something to take this worry out of us, for example:
If the players doesnt log-in in 48 hours the kubrow goes to the stasis automatically..
or maybe:
Instead of dying, the kubrow goes to the stasis and to take him out of there you have to sacrifice ~2 DNA stabilizers in the process..

Thats why we love you Rebecca.

Who is with me?

tumblr_mzrgfrFd4X1t0dn92o1_500_zpsc7wdni

Everybody loves Rebecca. She is very likeable person and an excellent example of great community manager. I saw some horrible community managers, who negatively affect community as a whole, and i can tell you for a fact that we are very lucky.

I'm playing my cards smart and vowed to never potato or forma my Kubrow. That way, if in the event that I have no access to my PC (i.e computer explodes) for a long period of time, I won't have to worry about it going belly up!

I really like Rebecca words about this, and I would like to say the only reason why I don't use kubrows: they don't think.

1 - I lost the count of times that I was using a bow or a sniper, and that giant kubrow head just stop in front of the aim. 

2 - Forget stealth. Kubrow maybe aren't designated to stealth gameplay, but at least from the invisible one we can wait some sense of not attack all the live things in the world while you try to get the stealth stuff, right? Nops.

3 - They will attack the enemies, even if you don't want it. This is the thing that must be changed. I really love the way I can play with my Carrier and have the control of who dies or not (playing solo). Kubrows don't care about this. They can attack the enemy? They will. 

Don't get me wrong, I really like kubrows, I just don't like to use them.

By the way what was the point of the "stabilization" system? Why do De force us(kubrow owner) to waste 75k per weak for thing that is more lose than usefull? Whos  was this stupid idea? Maybe at least if all kubrows could bring to you drops like carrier or if you bleeding out kubrow could, i'd don't know a right word for it, grab you and start pulling you to the closest ally not just standing around and doing nothing. 

I can say that: all that DE will do to kubrows is to realese sanctuary mod and maybe primed scavenger or primed loyal companion like it was with point blank. Absolutly the will be no work on their AI or removing\reworking deterioration on Kubrows. Sometimes i think DE is testing their players patience to see how many grind they can place in the game befor players start leaving. 

Its just sad to see the kubrow mechanic is so over-complex without reason.

Its complex to:

- acquire them

- make them

- maintain them

- get ridding of them

All the kubrow feature seems unreasonable, for no good.

Seems their only advantages compared to sentinels, its they have a health recover mod, and that we can revive them.

Apart from that, why do we have all those complications with eggs and so many unique requirement to make them, such demanding system to maintain them, etc.

Feels like they should be more linear and simple like the sentinels.

But what DE does is so complex in every detail, even allot of players around here, are shy enough to only ask as little as "a bit faster here" "only 5% more on X pretty please" , when they should just say " kubrows have the most complex system of them all, just remove stasis and maintenance requirements, period"

Edited by 7grims

ok, let's be honest here, there are reasons why we have kubrows( well for most) and there's also reasons why we don't use them.

I wanted to get a few kubrows for play mates on the ship (really could use some space FYI) and to fight along side with.

but the one and ONLY reason why I don't keep my kubrows out of the stasis is because of how they get sick and how much the stabulizers cost (75,000 creates for 6 is not fair in my opinion)

if I had an option to, I'd make them in my foundry with the sunlight and other chemicals found on earth. (ideal for de's)

I know this my count as feed back, but this thread is just as relevant, which is why I putting this here.

hopes of understanding ( the sandman >:)  )

I love my Huras Kubrow.  Put more work into them?  Yes!!  I would like to see more mods for them.  More color customization and I would like to see the kubrow do more then just stand around sometimes.  Would like the see my kubrow roam the Liset more often.  Changes to Kubrows why not!!!  What I do find is the cost of stabilization is very costly. I would say remove statis and and the cost of maintenance on them.

Kubrows simply aren't worth the hassle or expense of DNA stabilization.

Say it to my 7 formaed Raksa, that runs through corrupted till wave 40 with ease.

I know I`m in the minority, but I like kubrows much more than sentinels, I cant wait to see kubrows armor and some logic rework. LIke we can order them to guard an area or attack on sight. That would be very logical and make them even more dangerous than they are now.