Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Your Fav Frame All Around, And Set Up... Who Do You Think Is The Most Pointless...

as the title suggests really, i play on the xbox one, and this is my most loved game, iv done all the achievements and thats normally the end of a game for me but 600+ hours in and im still going strong... iv built most of the frames and some im leaving til a possible prime variant comes out (ash) after trying and testing all iv built so far this question popped into my head and i thought id leave a few comments and see what everyone else thinks...

so here we go...

my best/fav -  this til recently used to be saryn. i loved running into a crowd and decimating everything, then i have realised that her damage falls off pretty sharpish late game, so she has taken a back seat, my fav situational frame now is nova... she is sorta a one trick pony and i used to hate her, because i didnt understand her abilities, but now il take her out most games if nobody else is using her... but now i have a new queen of awesome.... MESA... i have had this frame built a while and last night i decided to take her out for a spin at first i was like wow she is utter dog poop, and i was gonna get her to 30 and leave her to rot forver and ever... then i got a gauge on her abilities and what they do and wow, death dealer, so she is going to get some abuse til something better comes out lol....

whats my worse/hated frames .... ok heres where i get flack..... rhino... i hate hosting a surv or def mission and seeing rhinos, its like the lazy gamers choice, and i think personally he offers nothing to the team, hes a selfish frame that just goes off til his iron skin lasts and you dont see nothing of him, hes ok at reviving but even that drops off once damage becomes too great for him to handle.... other than that the frames iv built and tested and unless im not playing them correctly i dont find much of a use for are... ember.... i wanted to love this frame but she just seems weak as hell, mag..... the name says it all....

weaponskis..... weapons i where im falling weak at the moment, iv tried many weapons and they just dont tickle my pickle, i found the phage for a long time til i found the synapse, which tends to be my go to weapon, but now im rocking the amprex and apart from its ammo burn i think its the best weapon iv tried so far...

secondary .... iv never found anything here thats truly wowed me, im using the askillettos at min, they are ok, but again burn ammo and overall meh.. im going for the cephalon suda weapon which iv heard is good, but i dont have a lot to say here as i really aint found much to excite me so far..

melee... again iv not really found much here either, i use the orthos for the most part, i had dragon nikana too, prob prefer the nikana for looks and orthos for attack patterns, i wish swords came with a sheath or you could choose to attach them to your back as it looks a bit sausage hanging from your hip....

anyways those be my choices whats your thoughts and feelings on frames and preferred set ups.

Most favorite. If most fun it'd definitely be Frost, Snowglobe, Freeze, Avalanche is fun for low levels. Plus he was the first frame I ever wanted in the game, he just looks so good imo and ice themed characters are my fave.

Worst. Ember and Banshee, don't find them fun at all.

Primary: Braton P, I love it but wish it could be significantly more useful against Heavies late game.

Secondary: Marelok, this gun is just fun in my eyes, it'll always be my main secondary till the end of WF. 2nd place would be Dex Furis, this would have a better competition for Marelok's replacement but with the ammo droups, nah.

Melee: Pre melee 1.0 Galatine, I just loved the feel of the weapon last time, it felt so good just walking up to someone or 2, or 3, or even 5 and you'll slice and dice em like that. Now's Jat Kitag, it's a fun weapon and I really like it.

I love me some Akstiletto, Great weapon for utility, refused to trade them in for the Aksomati and built a new pair to use for it they are that good, damage isn't massive but decent and just great fun all round, like you say they burn through the ammo but they can keep you going while you pick up enough ammo to get your primary back in action

Most fun: Vauban and Volt

Worst: Invisinoob loki's (Selfish bastards) and no-stomp, no-roar rhino's... Playing them with another build can make them usefull.

Primary: Latron prime, this gun really is like a part of your warframe if used correctly. This is one of the only guns I really use mid-air, wallrunning, walljumping,... 

Secondary: Furis, life gain on a gun? Great for some weird rage builds.

Melee: Glaive (p), I just love them.

Edited by counterflux

Favorite Frame Currently: Ash, love his design and powers plus his immortal skin looks awesome on him. Just waiting for his prime version.

Don't really have a hated frame but I find maybe banshee to be boring for my taste.

Favorite Primary: Dread bow, it goes with my Ash and I love getting high numbers and red crits. 

Favorite Secondary: Marelok or despair can't really choose

Favorite Melee: Dakra Prime, love the design and power of this sword

Edited by (XB1)Dark4Angel7

Favorite: Hydroid

I'm not the type to play space wizards. I like having a whole kit of knockdowns and dodges to use just occasionally while focusing on guns. I don't play him often enough because he's not my top choice for any particular game mode but he's still my favorite. <3

Pointless: Ash

When I was newer I liked the idea of Ash's 2+3 as a combo. I felt like noobs used 1+4 to kill stuff and they were supposed to graduate to using 2+3 to do so "manually" if you will. Teleporting to stun something that could fight back, like a Grineer heavy, then doing smokebomb to stun everything else in the area and hacking it down during the few seconds of invisibility.

Never worked out. The stun on teleport still isn't a real stun and doesn't interrupt enemies. Grineer heavies will change animations but still their radial slam goes off. Shield lancers will change animations but you still hear P'TING and go flying. They may have fixed that, but 1+4 got buffs and augs and every Ash I see is just hitting 4 or running around invisible the whole time on a duration build pretending to be Loki. It's a done deal at this point. I just can't think of him as anything but a low skill noob frame Loki-wannabe, for now.

Primary / Secondary / Melee

Changes all the time. Karak is definitely my most used, but it's also the favorite I'm least attached to. Any new AR could dethrone it if it looks and feels better. Ignis and Tigris are my all time faves but I use them very little anymore. So easy to make automatics OP at everything, there's not usually much use for flame throwers or boomsticks.

Edited by VKhaun

fav(s): nova, excal, trin

dislike: room clear frames (i know this includes excal)

primary weapons: latron, soma, dread 

secondary weapons: vaykor marelok, dex furis

melee: kogake, dragon nikata

slight question to the OP... you dislike rhino because he offers little to nothing to the team.... but love mesa who is like saryn as in dps fall sharply late game offers little to the team?

fav(s): nova, excal, trin

dislike: room clear frames (i know this includes excal)

primary weapons: latron, soma, dread 

secondary weapons: vaykor marelok, dex furis

melee: kogake, dragon nikata

slight question to the OP... you dislike rhino because he offers little to nothing to the team.... but love mesa who is like saryn as in dps fall sharply late game offers little to the team?

Dude you cant defend Rhino on these forums! Its a death sentence.

Favorite trinity oh and excalibur wait a sec mesa definitely! Oh cant forget about loki and yup nova. OMG Banshee!! Wait did i mention Ash?

Worst:easy hydrothing ugly bustard and and everything is wrong with him

Primary: tiberon, sybaris, soma

Secondary: easy V marelok

Meele: tipedo, dnikana, kronen

Favorite Frames: Rhino, he was my very first non starter frame in the CBT and I've always loved him ever since. I don't care if there are better tanks, I still almost NEVER die or get downed with my good ol Rhino..plus stomping a whole room of enemies never gets old. Excal, Frost, and Chroma are close seconds though. 

Least Favorite: err...thats a tough one. I'd have to go with Mesa (even though I kinda want her) just because whenever I party with one that spams peacemakers, the mission instantly becomes a snoozefest. I like killing things, not watching an aimbot do it for me.

Primary: for a long time it was my Braton Vandal but nowadays I'd say the Boltor Prime. (the Soma Prime just...ugh it's a good gun but I hate it's firing sound so bloody much...)

Secondary: Havn't tried that many but for now it's the Telos Akbolto.

Melee: Dex Dakra (love me some dual swords...that are actual dual swords and not sword/dagger combos!) Orthos Prime (so much fun) Kronen (looks epic on Chroma :3 )

Favorite: Frost

-What can I say? He looks like he's wearing something dashing while offering support and protection to the team. Give him a drill and he could be a fancier version of the Big Daddy from Bioshock.

Meh: Nova

-She's useful, but I feel winning by simply pressing 4 is a tad boring.

Primary: Mk-1 Braton

-Laugh it up, I put 5 forma into this and it does more than enough damage to make it's mark in T4 for an hour for me. It just feels like a solid gun.

Secondary: Marelok/Brakk

-Love the Brakk, bind firing to scroll and it's an automatic grinder. Though it does fall off in damage over a distance, so if I'm on a large map and know the enemy will be farther than 30m most of the time, I'll bring the Marelok for constant long range pummeling.

Melee: Dragon Nikana/Scoliac

-Dragon Nikana because it's very ornate and can deal a lot of damage in one slash, and scoliac because I can essentially reach an entire room with that whip.

Edited by TheFriedOne

Every warframe some how have their place and weapons differ in use and function in my opinion. So your question is subjective in a way. 

My view on warframes:

Limbo knows how to be a troll... but vauban still does it better. Trinity is the healer but none of her skills are CC. Ember loves to set people on fire. Hydroid... some players portray him like a pervert but I guess he is the most useless one.  Nova is like the top CC frame. Rhino, a warframe both loved and disliked by many...etc. Valkyr has problems with anger management while ash plays cool.

Loki is there... just for fun :)  

Edited by Calibree

Fav: Mirage/Mag

Worst? dont know. Don't really like ash/ oberon that much though.

Weapon?

Primary : Tiberon/ Burston p / Vectis(Supra for mirage)

Secondary : Akmagnus.( Dual cestra / Detron for mirage)

Melee: Fang P, Karyst. (Galatine for mirage)

Speed Rhino Prime, though both the Stamina and damage Chroma builds been growing on me a lot recently.

With the Rhino, all I need to plow is a Brakk, and considering i'm moving through at mach speeds with a combination of coptering and an Arcane Vanguard helm, I think distance and damage fall-off are certainly not an issue.

For Stamina Chroma, Silva & Aegis. Nothing's more funny than watching a Corrupted Heavy Gunner kill herself with her own bullets.

And for Damage, a Life Strike Jat Kittag. Lovely little number, really.

Favourite (frame): Volt (don't have the prime yet). Volt was my first frame, and now with shocking speed and primed reach he's hilarity. Looking forward to getting the primed version (damned chassis and systems!!!). Loki Prime close second.

Worst (frame): Limbo. Interesting frame, just don't like the play style.

Favourite (primary): Soma Prime - high crit, ok status and high fire-rate, in a high end corrosive projection teams it just melts mobs.

Worst (primary): not sure, not a huge fan of the shotguns.

Favourite (secondary): Veykor Marelok - high crit, high status, hard hitting hand cannon (and the proc is a bonus).

Worst (secondary): Bronco - would need near instance reload to be even half decent.

Favourite (melee): Bo Prime - crazy parkour, insane reach (primed reach) and good status - my go to weapon on my silly volt melee build.

Worst (melee): anything that has crap reach :P

My WF forum pet peeve are players who blindly state that Ember is horrible.

I know -opinions and all, but it gets to a point where it's repeated so much it becomes this weird anti-ember propaganda campaign.

I bet half the players haven't even played Ember and just go along with the hive mind. In contrast, I don't find Volt to be so great, yet players swear he's top tier.

I do great with Volt, but I also do great with Ember. I just don't get the best unanimous Ember hate.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Favourite Warframe: Rhino. Love the buff he gives to himself and his allies. Just an overall fun warframe. Trinity my girl though, love the supporting style.

Disliked: None so far.

Primary: I'm a fan of the Grakata. Fires fast as hell and it's so much fun to see all the procs and numbers explode on a target. I also like the Latron Prime, hard hitting semi-auto stuff is just my thing.
I'm also into Grinlok and Vectis.

Secondary: Twin Gremlins and Marelok. (Gee I sure like a lot of grineer weaponry)

Melee: Bo Prime (op as hell).

Edited by Lord-Eredar

Favorite: Mirage.

- Not tough to say at all. I love her performer theme (harlequin head is best, in my opinion), and she goes nowhere without rocking her red/black/white look. Mirage, with Hall of (Malevolence) Mirrors and Eclipse, can make any good weapon even better, and any bad weapon viable.

Meh (frame): Saryn.

- She's very aesthetically pleasing and her Miasma is a good skill, but that's it. Venom is not a very good skill as it requires a shotgun to hit the spores and an enemy to survive the pellets; Molt doesn't draw enough aggro and when it does, cannot survive many hits; Contagion is worthless because... *sigh* eff it, I wanna skip the novella about what I think of this skill and say I try not to press 3 to waste energy and die.

Favorite weapons

- Primary: Phage

-- In Mirage's hands, more tentacles = more schoolgirls enemies lying down wherever she walks.

- Secondary: Dex Furis

-- Had these weapons since last year. They've always been my go-to weapon when I wanted to be a one-Tenno firing squad (nowadays, it's used to pop bubbles).

- Melee: Jat Kittag

-- Mistah J, as I like to call it whenever I give it to Mirage (you can kinda sense where I'm going with this). Berserker, Primed Reach, Crushing Ruin and an enemy squad are all that's needed to swat more unfortunates than a Twitch troll.