Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me4 & Warframe

(PSN)thehoocodfather

I dont know if you have read the survey that Mass Effect 4 released a few days ago that defined their game play and multi-player model.

Its brilliant.

It basically takes much of the elements of Warframe and expands on them.

The issue is this - by November 2016 we will have Star Wars Battlefront.

Then at start of 2016 Mass Effect 4.

Plus Black Ops 3 and Titanfall 2 on the way.

All big games to compete with.

Plus Planetside 2 on the PS4 as free to play.

So then, whats the primary thing that will keep you playing Warframe ?

For me I want the following ;

1) More content on a regular basis, small amounts of content not massive drops like the updates. I want more alerts, new alert type missions and more small scale bosses that are formated like alerts. Instead of large gaps between content, issue smaller content drops on a more regular basis.

2)  End the obsession with balancing. Give us an Horde Mode where we can use our guns without balancing being imposed.  A horde mode where we can fight off wave after wave of high level enemies of all kinds that drops horde mode exclusive prime armour prime parts or weapon parts for each wave wiped out. 

3) exclusive armour related to mastery ranks and for completing tactical alerts, like in COD. Make these non-transferrable or non-sellable in the market. Keep them exclusive to those that did the alert. 

4) Give us an Iron Banner PvP mode where weapons or abilities are not balanced. Give us exclusive armour and weapons for doing it, like in Destiny. If one frame or ability dominates, then dont cry for a nerf, play as that frame. Lets find out who the toughest, most robust frame really is and then find out who the best players are that use that frame. 

I want the Tenno to be unleashed.

I want our weapons unleashed.

No more obsession with balancing all the time.

I want to see what the best warframe with the best players using the best weapons can really achieve, instead of being hobbled by balancing demands. 

Theres an old saying from Oscar Wilde.

Talent Borrows, Genius Steals.

What do you want that would keep you playing. 

Edited by (PS4)thehoocodfather

My hope was that Warframe devs would step up to meet the challenges coming.

They don't seem to really want to do that honestly, and the fans don't either (many just seem to want to white knight everything, until the new awesome game comes out and they quit).  I saw this on Guild Wars 2, they would defend the game against everyone.  Every negative feedback would have an army of fan boys on it hurling abuse.  The hilarious point was a year later when most of those fanboys had quit and moved to the next bandwagon game.  Thankfully Anet at least didn't take the fanboys too seriously since they were aware they were just fair weather friends.

ME4 and possibly Destiny will be almost unstoppable once they get started unless WF takes advantage of the head start.  Destiny is not great atm but they have over 500 people working on that game, it's only a matter of time before they find their swing.

Warframe had the genre to itself for years, that is changing and unless the game really picks up by a huge amount in the next year they won't be able to compete very much longer and profits are going to take a nose dive.

The biggest failings I see with Warframe right now that ME4 will destroy it on are no real story (this is almost unforgivable), horribly easy bad boss fights with too many boring invincibility modes, no real progression and a terrible drop off when you have progressed to a certain point.  Also I think they have fallen into the trap of "feeding the beast" instead of putting out good patches.  As in they try to put out updates as fast as they can but they don't really offer anything to get excited about or that offer a variety of content in it.

I would list more but honestly I don't think they really want feedback that much (even though they say otherwise).

Edited by Spindle99

Exclusivity, more imbalance?

Absolutely not.

TitanFall was one way trip to be honest people played for few months some even grinded for unlockables and forgot about it, on PC origin had the price reduced greatly and even promoted free weekend, it didn't helped at all.

I don't really see them doing something drastic, gaming industry doesn't like taking risks it costs money and quite often shuts down the studio.

Same happened with destiny people were saying how better it is than warframe most of them ended up coming back.

i'm all for innovation, but this is not the way.

Edited by Morgax

Exclusivity, more imbalance?

Absolutely not.

TitanFall was one way trip to be honest people played for few months some even grinded for unlockables and forgot about it, on PC origin had the price reduced greatly and even promoted free weekend, it didn't helped at all.

I don't really see them doing something drastic, gaming industry doesn't like taking risks it costs money and quite often shut down the studio.

Same happened with destiny people were saying how better it is than warframe most of them ended up coming back.

i'm all for innovation, but this is not the way.

You know the problem with those people that came back?  They play the game that offers the best experience or that has the long-term goals.

If Destiny stepped up you think they would not bail on WF in a heartbeat?

I don't know about you.

I'm going to type like you and not form paragraphs.

No thanks, that's a dumb idea.

The Mass Effect series lost its credibility after 3 in my opinion.

Bioware has lost its credibility after that horrible star wars mmo and how bad it flopped.

Considering all of the resources they had available to them.

It was pretty bad.

Again, this isn't something I would want to see in warframe.

You want to just take every "good" idea the other games have and put it into WF.

Sorry but no. WF can be itself, it doesn't need to take other aspects of games to make itself successful. Hell, it already is successful. Out of all the F2P games I've seen, WF is still one of the best. 

It doesn't need an oh so glorious story on par of ME, it doesn't need a cheap horde mode (which btw, is Defense and Survival missions in a nutshell).

It can progress in its own way and be unique.

Please don't start with comparing Warframe to Destiny. Destiny was terrible, and we are yet to see what ME 4 plays like or actually has in terms of content.

For all we know it could be like all the other "AAA" game first details, all embellishments to create hype that end up being lies, case in point in early developer diaries of Destiny claimed it would have smart spawning systems on the planets so that you never knew where the enemies would come from (ended up with static spawning), they also claimed 6 planets and 2 seperate earth zones (ended up with 3 planets and the moon and only the russian part of earth), and that everywhere you could see you could go to (ended up with kill barriers everywhere).

Warframe is the only game out in the last 3 years that actually delivers on what it promises, it just takes time for them to do so.

You want to just take every "good" idea the other games have and put it into WF.

To be honest, originality in video games is hard to come by nowadays. Warframe has its own thing going for it, and has incorporated some elements from other games quite well, and others not so much. Destiny is basically just WoW meets Warframe, meets Borderlands 2 with a chunk of Halo-esque multiplayer. All that turned out to be was a lackluster rip off of seven games, done horribly wrong.

Sorry but no. WF can be itself, it doesn't need to take other aspects of games to make itself successful. Hell, it already is successful. Out of all the F2P games I've seen, WF is still one of the best. 

It doesn't need an oh so glorious story on par of ME, it doesn't need a cheap horde mode (which btw, is Defense and Survival missions in a nutshell).

It can progress in its own way and be unique.

This. People will stick with Warframe, as they always have. For the love of Cthulhu it's a great game. No amount of shiny new stuff can make you leave what you already know and love.

To be honest, originality in video games is hard to come by nowadays. Warframe has its own thing going for it, and has incorporated some elements from other games quite well, and others not so much. Destiny is basically just WoW meets Warframe, meets Borderlands 2 with a chunk of Halo-esque multiplayer. All that turned out to be was a lackluster rip off of seven games, done horribly wrong.

I agree, however, just taking what's popular doesn't help in the long run.

What's popular now will be taken over by the next popular thing, and then again, and again and again.

Being creative and good is something DE does well, if they were to incorporate the ideas OP presented, WF would just look like a jumbled mess of other games.

Just like Destiny.

To me Destiny feels like they took the halo spartan character, gave them the regenerating grenade option from halo 3, took borderlands unique grenade types, gave them one armour ability, gave them CoD like perks, made a large map with static spawns for enemies, took the weapon generation of borderlands and altered it to try and claim it as there own idea. Realised they had no idea what they were doing so they put in survival missions for EVERY "story" mission and wrote down ideas for lore into cards because they ran out of time to make a decent story.

It feels rushed, it feels incomplete, and they missed out the 4 best things they created with the halo franchise: Splitscreen, Offline modes, forge, and custom games. What did they add? Raids... what good is making one decent* (*assuming it is, wouldn't know because I couldn't take anymore of it so I sold it) high tier activity when the rest of the game is garbage?

I'd rather play Warframe, not a Frankenstein of other games. :)

This is true. It is not a bad thing to take inspiration from the clever or useful things other games do, but it is all for nothing if your game loses it's own personality and uniqueness in your attempt to match up. If you simply copy without making sure to protect the uniqueness that gives your game personality you end up with a bland game. Something soulless. 

As for all those games OP listed, if they're actually good then play them. You're not a Publisher or some dude headed for a board meeting. Why should you care who is competing with who? Play good games. Ignore the game politics. 

So then, whats the primary thing that will keep you playing Warframe ?

The primary thing that will keep me playing warframe is that DE keeps being the most communicative and receptive game developer out there. I cannot think of a single other game out there that gets so much player input, where the DEVs regularly sit down to answer questions/chat to fans and where the developers works with the community to progress the game. As long as those elements remain I will still be here. 

one of the best online F2p games with consistent updates =/= AAA title games that cost $50 and will most likely be replaced sooner or later

F2p or B2p is irrelevant because most people spend way way more on warframe than they do on any AAA title, the best game is what wins the day.  F2p is only a hook to get in the door, and only for certain players.

Publishers have seen how profitable this niche is and are now aiming at it.  Being f2p won't do much if other games start overtaking the experience that warframe offers, also player loyalty is a myth for the majority of players.  Keeping them happy and offering exciting patches is what keeps people loyal, if they start slacking so will the player numbers. 

The primary thing that will keep me playing warframe is that DE keeps being the most communicative and receptive game developer out there. I cannot think of a single other game out there that gets so much player input, where the DEVs regularly sit down to answer questions/chat to fans and where the developers works with the community to progress the game. As long as those elements remain I will still be here. 

They appear to be, but are they really taking what players want into consideration in real terms?  The dev streams are nice and all but at the end of the day they still come across as PR.

How often do they actually even listen to their own design council?

Want an example?  Archwing, players have offered up a mountain of feedback on how they would want it changed to make it more enjoyable.  DE response = a prime archwing.

Sure the underwater tileset might usher in a lot of the changes that will make it better but they might not and even if they do it's been left in a horrible state for far too long

Edited by Spindle99

When ever they ask for our opinion. 

DC isn't used that often, but when it is, we pretty much are the deciding factor on what we are given to choose.

So barely ever and honestly what you stated isn't what I've read from people in the DC.

Name some things where the DC has honestly made a real difference.

So barely ever and honestly what you stated isn't what I've read from people in the DC.

Name some things where the DC has honestly made a real difference.

The creation of Nova, The creation behind many augments, the winners behind the upcoming enemies, some abilities for new frames that came out, Helios sentinel.

Whether or not they made a "real" difference, our opinions on matters are taken into consideration. 

The creation of Nova, The creation behind many augments, the winners behind the upcoming enemies, some abilities for new frames that came out, Helios sentinel.

Whether or not they made a "real" difference, our opinions on matters are taken into consideration. 

I've read about people in the design council saying their input with Nova was incredibly minimal.

Everything else usually boils down to; Here are 10 choices, pick the ideas you like the most and we might pick one of the top 5 from that...that we were already going to use anyway.

I've read about people in the design council saying their input with Nova was incredibly minimal.

Minimal? For christ sake, we chose the abilities, gave the abilities, the name and the theme of the frame. 

Everything else usually boils down to; Here are 10 choices, pick the ideas you like the most and we might pick one of the top 5 from that...that we were already going to use anyway.

Even so, we, the design council, chose which ones to release first. We have made an impact one way or another. And it's never been "we might pick", which ever one was voted for the most was the one given out first.