Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind Of Sniper And Shotgun Buffs We Want?

SektorJR3

Snipers should have infinite body(enemy) punchctrough (because this game is mostly about mowing down hords of enemies and not having that feature automaticly makes them inferiour to high rof/aoe weapons).

For shothuns remowing damage falloff (because it's plain stupid for weapons with wide spread) and proper crit/status calculation would do the work.

Shotguns - Remove damage falloff

- Fix the proc system to what it was pre nerf

Snipers - Innate 1m puncture

- Ability to bypass certain mechanics such as the nullifier bubbles or invincible enemies that normally have only vulnerable weak spots

- 100% proc chance on the highest type of elemental damage dealt by the weapon

- Changeable zoom levels

--Everything listed must be INNATE not more specific mods to waste enough space until your sniper deals as much damage per shot as a full auto weapon.

Measures for the snipers at least seem a bit extreme but honestly if you think about it I can't find any other ideas to make semi-automated support weapons be worth using compared to full auto insta gib death machines like the soma or boltor p.

Still knowing the devs and their "just add more damage lol" attitude I wouldn't expect these weapons to be useful any time soon.

I'm liking the shotgun suggestion, "no damage drop-off, but let spread take care of the rest". My six-forma Mara Detron should theoretically do massive damage at range, but with pellet spread it's more a case of peppering that truckload of damage evenly over a increasingly wide area.

Sniper crit to 0% and guarantied crits to weak points. Then you only need to think about equipping damage multipliers. Though base multipliers may need to be decreased in general.

I believe this was one of the ideas mentioned in that thread I still can't find :P Sounds cool, but I think the sniper rifles' base damage should be increased as a result.

I believe this was one of the ideas mentioned in that thread I still can't find :P Sounds cool, but I think the sniper rifles' base damage should be increased as a result.

Without crit boosting mods you have more slots for elemental damage increasing the output already.

Snipers:

30-40% crit chance

2.5x-3.0x Crit Damage

On headshot: 100% crit chance unaffected by base crit chance or crit mods, crit damage mods are applied though

1-1.5m punchthrough

zoomable scopes

30-35% status chance

Shotguns:

Usable Crit Mods (Not Primed Mods. Buff the regular ones)

No Damage Fall off

.5-1m punchthrough

atleast 20% status chance.

there has been much talk of the two subjects already... i am not currently interested in spending an hour fighting the forum to find past threads i wrote in and quote repost my highly detailed answers.

there is much interesting stuff to read if you search for these types of subjects though, i recommend doing it sometime.

Without crit boosting mods you have more slots for elemental damage increasing the output already.

two Elementals can't compensate for not getting Crits on Weakpoints for 4x Damage.

Edit:

40 pellets per shot

since when are we Bird hunting? who uses Bird Shot for war? Edited by taiiat

Shotguns need:

1.25 Damage boost betwen 0 and 5 meters (aka if you are dumb enought as an enemy to get in front of my shootie you are going to feel pain)

Take away damage fall off, most shotguns are mediocre at mid long range so theres little trouble there(and they few long range shootguns have little ammo clips)

35% innate pushback betwen 0 and 5 meters (aka giving them a small CC component, this % its independant of the status chance of the weapon but increasing status chance should increase this one to)

Slightly better reload times, some shotguns have serious issues with it and lets face it...someone with a 5 forma soma and someone with a 5 forma Tigris its going to get recked in a lets se who kills more

Innate punch troug in the first 2.5 meters of range (again making sure if yo uare up close yo uare rewarded for it, thats what shotguns are for)

_ give all Snipers base innate punch through of 2m (except Lanka it already has 5m)

_ explosive headshot to deal 1/3 damage to nearby enemies

_ ricochet shot bounce off from wall (for skilled Snipers)

_ massive damage, no more Crit chance, 100% crit on weakspot (for skilled Snipers)

_ Also we need some DMR (something like Latron / sybaris but with low zoom scope)

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

...two Elementals can't compensate for not getting Crits on Weakpoints for 4x Damage.

Touché.

Every sniper: Should reliably have the highest single-target damage in the game, enough to make up for frequent reloading/slow fire rate. The damage should far surpass a Paris Prime, as bows can re-fire extremely quickly. Punch through makes sense, because Warframe has too many enemies on-screen for a single-target slow firing weapon to work well in tough situations. Headshot multipliers are also a good addition, because they focus the gameplay on being precise.

Every shotgun: Should have enough damage to match the spread. For example: If the spread is wide enough to cover five enemies at close range, it should have enough pellets and damage to assure heavy damage to all of them. If it only has spread for one, it should have the pellets and damage to guarantee an instant kill at close range. Shotguns would come close to snipers in terms of damage at close range, as well as hit multiple targets, but suffer heavy drop-off. This would allow low-spread shotguns to be single-target face-melters, while the high spread shotguns offer effective crowd control and the ability to kill multiple enemies with one shot. 

Well, i feel that for sniper rifle there is should be some stat changes, unique for this weapon class: 1) much higher bullet speed 2) Punchthrough of 1.5m or higher 3) A chance to deal red critical equal of 50% of regular critical chance (For example: 30% to deal red critical chance with 60% chance to deal regular critical damage)

With such changes sniper weapon would have a chance to be a viable choice.

Regarding shotguns: increasing amount of pellets per shot while keeping the damage the same - which allow much more reliable damage versus group of enemies. Hek should be a pump action shotgun - you should be able to cancel reload at any time resulting in lesser amount of loaded shells into gun.

Sniper rifle: Punch-through, no bullet travel speed (should hit instantly), headshot bonus.

Basically the best weapon of choice for single-targeting

Shotgun: Better/ no damage fall-off

Shotguns itself are pretty nice only the damage fall-off makes it strange in some situations.

No damage fall-off might cause some shotguns to be the most OP ones (mainly talking about the Brakk)

In full detail what I'd like for Shotguns and Snipers, press this link

In short:

* Non-crazy reload times (both for Snipers and Shotguns)

* Innate punchthrough on Snipers and on the slowest Shotguns (at least for Tigris)

* Zoomable scopes (in general, but awesome in particular for Snipers)

* Reliable crits on Snipers

* X-ray scopes on Snipers (similar to scanners)

* Shotgun falloff penalty heavily reduced (but not entirely removed), to 50% damage reduction at max range, instead of 90%

* Punchthrough (at least that from Snipers and Bows) works on Nullifier bubbles

For Snipers

Faster reloads across the board (improving sustained DPS)

Higher base crit chance and crit damage

Ignore resistances on weakspots

Innate punch-through on all snipers

Ignore nullifier shields

For Shotguns

Improved reload speeds across the board

Ramping damage/ramping critical chance/damage when closing in

Status/pellet returned

Innate punch-through at point-blank

Damage falloff can remain if all of the aforementioned buffs go in.

For Snipers

Faster reloads across the board (improving sustained DPS)

Higher base crit chance and crit damage

Ignore resistances on weakspots

Innate punch-through on all snipers

Ignore nullifier shields

For Shotguns

Improved reload speeds across the board

Ramping damage/ramping critical chance/damage when closing in

Status/pellet returned

Innate punch-through at point-blank

Damage falloff can remain if all of the aforementioned buffs go in.

Wasnt easier to just buff shotguns critical chance and damage and maintain the damage falloff and adding a critical falloff too? That way they dont need to create a new hole system to buff weapom damage closer, just do high normal damage and at distances it will already be lower.

Or they can just buff shotguns damage, increases its spread, remove the damage falloff and remove or nerf tainted shell ( like, instead of lower fire rate, lower weapom damage, or actually give it falloff ) so this way no one can use it to sniper things.