Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Eh just one question guys... how do Tenno change gender when swapping from a Rhino to a Nova? (just giving an example).

P.S. This "Energy" theory doesn't sound very plausible, but I dont know how the game explains the fact that one user can use any warframe...

What makes you think they have to change genders? Warframe are a suit. And if your small enough to fit in a nova you can definitely fit in a Rhino.

But if you're big enough to fit a Rhino, you cannot fit in a Nova.

My time machine WORKS! IT'S 20 pages ago!

So back to the roots are we?

Just for the sake of lesser probems, can we assume Tenno are generally the same size OR that the Warframe in a true Void-magic sense, holds a void-space-compartment inside that can fit any sized human.

No more of this Rhino is to big to wear Mag. It gets us no-where.

Imagine it like this.

The Orokin discovered that the Void can alter time/space/matter basically Chaos/Dark Matter or whathaveyou.

They build the warframes around the Tenno and use the Voids-energy to build a mod that creates a portal in void-space where the pilot is.

As long as the suit is functional and intact, the void-portal is there.

But if killed or opened by Vor, the portal closes ejecting the Tenno.

Summary: Tenno have void-energy that harmonises with the Void-space. Just like Hydroid turns into water, Rhino freezes time/gravity - the suit protects and maby even sustains the warped Tenno inside?

Like a tank of voidwater, the Tenno inside it like a womb.

Just a possible solution to this endless debate.

My time machine WORKS! IT'S 20 pages ago!

So back to the roots are we?

Just for the sake of lesser probems, can we assume Tenno are generally the same size OR that the Warframe in a true Void-magic sense, holds a void-space-compartment inside that can fit any sized human.

No more of this Rhino is to big to wear Mag. It gets us no-where.

Imagine it like this.

The Orokin discovered that the Void can alter time/space/matter basically Chaos/Dark Matter or whathaveyou.

They build the warframes around the Tenno and use the Voids-energy to build a mod that creates a portal in void-space where the pilot is.

As long as the suit is functional and intact, the void-portal is there.

But if killed or opened by Vor, the portal closes ejecting the Tenno.

Summary: Tenno have void-energy that harmonises with the Void-space. Just like Hydroid turns into water, Rhino freezes time/gravity - the suit protects and maby even sustains the warped Tenno inside?

Like a tank of voidwater, the Tenno inside it like a womb.

Just a possible solution to this endless debate.

How the hell do they even know how to do all this when their "science and reasons failed"? They basically know nothing about the Void except that the "twisted few" that returned were able to harness Void powers and they simply built a frame around those "twisted few".

Edited by AlphaWolf003

How the hell do they even know how to do all this when their "science and reasons failed"? They basically know nothing about the Void except that the "twisted few" that returned were able to harness Void powers and they simply built a frame around those "twisted few".

At first they were clueless.

Then they diacovered they could use the void energy as a source of power, and I suspect manipulation of themselves to live longer and so on.

Rhino Prime was the beginning of all that I think.

The Oro and Forma changed every thing.

Well assuming the "Orokin Warframe Archives" wasn't Orokin propaganda that was hiding the truth regarding the immoral acts committed in the creation of the Tenno and Warframes... If it is propaganda we don't even really know this things you state.

The Excalibur Prime codex is the only info source that is explicitly allocated an origin, and hence gives us a reason to doubt it's accuracy.

Edited by SilentMobius

Well assuming the "Orokin Warframe Archives" wasn't Orokin propaganda that was hiding the truth regarding the immoral acts committed in the creation of the Tenno and Warframes... If it is propaganda we don't even really know this things you state.

The Excalibur Prime codex is the only info source that is explicitly allocated an origin, and hence gives us a reason to doubt it's accuracy.

Are you referring to what the soldier in Mag Prime Codex-story talks about?

If that is true, then we have a weird little meta-lore going on.

One lore thinking about another lore.

I wish this was a thing.

I wish this was a thing.

Flavor Lore is what you're talking about - thoughts about lore and legends from in-game sources that don't really add up with what happened. Personally I'm still not of the mind that there is this going on between the Mag and Excalibur Codexes, but further details on the Tenno origins will help clarify what's going on - hell, a little more talk about the Void Era would be nice.

Are you referring to what the soldier in Mag Prime Codex-story talks about?

If that is true, then we have a weird little meta-lore going on.

I wish this was a thing.

More what I'm saying is that when an author doesn't give you details about the source of a piece of fictional information you can bet that the author is expecting you to take it at face value. When they explicitly give you an in-world source for the data (especially when the source of similar data is usually unstated) the author is urging you to consider the context of it's creation.

The Excalibur prime codex is the _only_ item of Codex or Synthesis data that has a stated source, all of the other are just magic fragments of surveillance, with no real sense of providence.

As if DE are saying "Hey guys, look, look, the Orokin said, this is how Tenno and Warframes came about. That's like, totally, the official word on it. f'sure"

Edited by SilentMobius

Propaganda and war go hand in hand.

I don't think we can say that it was with certainty an Excalibur that went through that - after all a Volt and a Mag are also available. I prefer to use the Anonymous title on the Wiki, "A Lone Tenno", when talking about it. The type of Warframe, like with the identify of the Tenno who had been in it, ultimately is irrelevant, so long as the event happened.

As for the frames they drop, I think it's just a matter of them having been dug up/found by those guys. With Ruk especially we have a Grineer that was known to raid Orokin ruins, so he probably just came across it. And with Tenno likely having gone to sleep in all places over the system (attestable to us having to rescue cryopods from all manner of planets, and to Alad V's teams having found a "cache" of Tenno out by Seda before Gradivus kicked off) it just comes down to them finding those sleeping Tenno and doing away with them - for the Grineer, because the Queens told them; for the Corpus, to turn a profit/not have to deal with the Grineer it would bring.

There's a possibility that they used Warframe tech to upgrade themselves in some manner, hence why Ruk has fire (and drops Ember) and why Kela's looking to have Saryn's silhouette incorporated into her rework, but I don't think about it too much. To me it's more a Dev-idea than implications on lore (with the exception of such things as Zanuka, which are made from the Warframes Alad V picked up - notably, as it seems to be, Valkyr's skin).

So, yeah, I think it's just more mechanics - like why does Deathbringer Saurfang (a DK-themed Boss in Icecrown) just have a loot cache sitting next to him? Why does he even have cloth loot drops on him?

Them's bein some good points. And you're most likely right.

But as i've seen that Steve, during TennoVIP, said that U18 was gonna be very lore focused, and that they were gonna show us a cinematic story of the Tenno's past and such. So time will tell i guess. I'm actually quite curious about that.

Them's bein some good points. And you're most likely right.

But as i've seen that Steve, during TennoVIP, said that U18 was gonna be very lore focused, and that they were gonna show us a cinematic story of the Tenno's past and such. So time will tell i guess. I'm actually quite curious about that.

I look forward to things being fleshed out and us knowing things we didn't know before - and player denying those things are canon elements in order to maintain their personal headcanons at all costs.

I look forward to things being fleshed out and us knowing things we didn't know before - and player denying those things are canon elements in order to maintain their personal headcanons at all costs.

"I look forward to things being fleshed out..."

I c wat u did dere

I can't help but wonder if the Tenno were allso a failure in the eyes of the Council.

The Plan to go to Tau needed something new. The Tenno were called rejects, the Crewmen were called abominations. The starfish chosen dispite violating the 7 Principles.

Then when war came, they "turned to the Void" as a weapon. The warframes were built and the Tenno trained.

It is interesting because the Crewmen are still here. So are the Tenno, and I presume the Starfish/sentients.

All three abominations. I REALLY want to read those 7 Principles.

I can't help but wonder if the Tenno were allso a failure in the eyes of the Council.

The Plan to go to Tau needed something new. The Tenno were called rejects, the Crewmen were called abominations. The starfish chosen dispite violating the 7 Principles.

Then when war came, they "turned to the Void" as a weapon. The warframes were built and the Tenno trained.

It is interesting because the Crewmen are still here. So are the Tenno, and I presume the Starfish/sentients.

All three abominations. I REALLY want to read those 7 Principles.

Well the Starfish was called an abomination, the Crewman Project was just "cancelled". We don't really know WHAT the Crewman Project was, though my thoughts on the matter is that it was a suggestion by the Archemidian to mobilize the people of Origin into a construction force of Crewmen, have the people save origin itself. Unfortunately this wouldn't solve the Congress' problem in NEARLY enough time, so they rejected it.

As to whether or not the Tenno were "failures", that all depends on why they were created in the first place.

Hmm. I was wrong about the abomination-part. I guess my mind asumed it, like the next failed solution broke the principles.

They mention many other failed projects before, and I thought Tenno might be among them; hence being rejects.

The Plan to go to Tau needed something new. The Tenno were called rejects.

We dont even know If Tenno were existing at that time. They are weapons. Why create weapons for war that you dont belive will ever exist, Orokin never knew that Sentients would come. I think that Tenno were created to combat Sentietns, when they came. Not before that.

Edited by Xardis

We dont even know If Tenno were existing at that time. They are weapons. Why create weapons for war that you dont belive will ever exist, Orokin never knew that Sentients would come. I think that Tenno were created to combat Sentietns, when they came. Not before that.

I know that. But it still can not shake my feeling that the proto-warframes and Tenno were Black Ops research done by a military faction using cloning and biotech.

They diacovered that there was something in the Fold. When the Zariman returned, they had subjects.

They used their vast biotech and nanotech skills to study and craft the first warframes, after the rhino prime incident.

This was the birth of a new wave of Void-technology, the Tenno a secret army they used to take power of Origin.

The Oro, the lifeforce found in the Tenno they used to create Forma, and the Oro to make themselves immortal.

Much later, they built the Primes and made the Tenno public against the Sentients. Excaibur Prime and Mag Prime was the first to be revealed.

But as the soldier in Mag codex says, he was a Tenno-denier. They were rumors and propaganda decades or centuries old from the Void Era.

Am I making sense?