Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

what else could they do ?

Well 1st of all, that was kind of a trick question, as I seriously doubt that energy can be frozen. Elements of a chemical reaction can be frozen, but not energy.

2nd of all, that's the argument from ignorance. "I don't know what they would do, that means they wouldn't do it."

Also, a basic rule of stories is that pointlessness must not exist for no reason (since pointlessness can actually have a point. In the Dark Knight, the Joker used pointless violence to make people go crazy). So in this case, we have energy beings that decide to be frozen, and then get unfrozen. Ok if they can be frozen or unfrozen either way then why does it matter that they be frozen? To accomplish what? Where's the Goal Motivation and Conflict in that? Like I said to Hypernaut, it's counter-intuitive.

Thus, I doubt they are energy beings in the 1st place.

Edited by Matiny

After a lot of refining my personal theory and looking over all the comments posted on this topic I've come to a conclusion. Well, kinda. I call it the Avatar (Blue People) Theory. The Tenno can swap Warframes and the Lotus allows this to happen.

So the Warframe itself is a suit of armor with a full set of functioning organs, muscles and tissue inside a hardened metallic shell. This is a clone of the original body but cannot move on it's own, an empty body. It can lose blood, die of oxygen deprivation, burn, and move any which way the Operator wishes. When the Warframe armor reaches 0 health and shields that means the armor and the organs, muscles and tissues inside are way too damaged to function anymore. A revive is then used to completely regenerate the armor or the Tenno retreats.

The Tenno (Operator) is the conscious that is beamed into the Warframe armor, the Tenno can switch between frames and doesn't get injured. No one currently knows what happened to the physical bodies that the Tenno used to own, destroyed maybe so that they were forced into this ethereal form. (However, my guess would be that the Tenno themselves were either frozen in the cryopod or stored like data somewhere that no one could find them, until the Lotus happened upon them.) - Extreme Speculation more so than the rest.

And the Lotus is like the Machine in the Avatar movie that beams them into the bodies, she controls and maintains all the Tenno regardless of which Warframe they are in.

Keep in mind this Avatar Theory of mine probably has holes in it, is subject to change, and has most likely been stated before by someone else.

Well 1st of all, that was kind of a trick question, as I seriously doubt that energy can be frozen. Elements of a chemical reaction can be frozen, but not energy.

2nd of all, that's the argument from ignorance. "I don't know what they would do, that means they wouldn't do it."

Also, a basic rule of stories is that pointlessness must not exist for no reason (since pointlessness can actually have a point. In the Dark Knight, the Joker used pointless violence to make people go crazy). So in this case, we have energy beings that decide to be frozen, and then get unfrozen. Ok if they can be frozen or unfrozen either way then why does it matter that they be frozen? To accomplish what? Where's the Goal Motivation and Conflict in that? Like I said to Hypernaut, it's counter-intuitive.

Do morphing matter containing  mysterious power can be frozen no problem but energy residing inside a body cannot?

The power doesn't exist in the frame though. The wording is pretty clear: the tenno are the source of the power, and the frame shapes that power

Doesn't it ? why can't you use roar with limbo? 

Either the frame amplify the power without changing it or it turns enerqy into power.

After a lot of refining my personal theory and looking over all the comments posted on this topic I've come to a conclusion. Well, kinda. I call it the Avatar (Blue People) Theory. The Tenno can swap Warframes and the Lotus allows this to happen.

So the Warframe itself is a suit of armor with a full set of functioning organs, muscles and tissue inside a hardened metallic shell. This is a clone of the original body but cannot move on it's own, an empty body. It can lose blood, die of oxygen deprivation, burn, and move any which way the Operator wishes. When the Warframe armor reaches 0 health and shields that means the armor and the organs, muscles and tissues inside are way too damaged to function anymore. A revive is then used to completely regenerate the armor or the Tenno retreats.

The Tenno (Operator) is the conscious that is beamed into the Warframe armor, the Tenno can switch between frames and doesn't get injured. No one currently knows what happened to the physical bodies that the Tenno used to own, destroyed maybe so that they were forced into this ethereal form. (However, my guess would be that the Tenno themselves were either frozen in the cryopod or stored like data somewhere that no one could find them, until the Lotus happened upon them.) - Extreme Speculation more so than the rest.

And the Lotus is like the Machine in the Avatar movie that beams them into the bodies, she controls and maintains all the Tenno regardless of which Warframe they are in.

Keep in mind this Avatar Theory of mine probably has holes in it, is subject to change, and has most likely been stated before by someone else.

Ilike your theory. 

The Warframes and the bodies inside seem to be a sort of living suit (think Evangelion).

While the Tenno are now pure void energy that pilot the suit's body to control it.

This is my personal theory from all of the information I've gathered over 2 years of play.

Nothing so far has been able to destroy this theory.

My theory is basically the same as yours, however I think the bodies inside the frames could actually be sentient in some way due to Rhino Prime's codex.

Edited by GreyEnneract

Maybe the Tenno were too dangerous to keep awake. They're like war-gods in some sense, and then the Lotus comes along and decides to bring balance to the universe, with the wargods.

Doesn't it ? why can't you use roar with limbo? 

Either the frame amplify the power without changing it or it turns enerqy into power.

I know right, I still can't wrap my head around why my microwave can't function as a fan and my fan as a washer, I mean they all use the same energy amirite. 

Maybe the Tenno were too dangerous to keep awake. They're like war-gods in some sense, and then the Lotus comes along and decides to bring balance to the universe, with the wargods.

We could also go the route of just simple efficiency, the Tenno are basically glorified nukes for emergency use, it's good to keep them around but what use is it to keep them active outside situations where their fire power is needed? Putting them in Cryo freeze is a very easy way of preservation without any risks of damaging or malfunctions, while also keeping the frames readily available when the moment arises for them. 

Edited by Cubewano

My theory is basically the same as yours, however I think the bodies inside the frames could actually be sentient in some way due to Rhino Prime's codex.

Thanks, although I think someone else earlier said something about the Rhino Prime Codex Rhino being like the original Rhino infested beast or something, I thought that was an interesting concept. Maybe we'll see some new lore being added to Loki Prime's codex or Frost Prime's codex that could help explain it further.

We could also go the route of just simple efficiency, the Tenno are basically glorified nukes for emergency use, it's good to keep them around but what use is it to keep them active outside situations where their fire power is needed? Putting them in Cryo freeze is a very easy way of preservation without any risks of damaging or malfunctions, while also keeping the frames readily available when the moment arises for them. 

^^^^ This sounds so right to me.

Thanks, although I think someone else earlier said something about the Rhino Prime Codex Rhino being like the original Rhino infested beast or something, I thought that was an interesting concept. Maybe we'll see some new lore being added to Loki Prime's codex or Frost Prime's codex that could help explain it further.

I personally believe the body inside the frame is a sort of infested humanoid. Since we build frames using technocyte material, and due to the Rhino Prime codex again. They could be clones of the original children cloned through the use of technocyte, or they could just be complete bodies that used technocyte to be built.

The frames themselves decide what sort of powers will be used by the Tenno.

Then the Tenno are the "battery", a sort of soul made of void energy that enters the frame and body to control its actions.

Do morphing matter containing  mysterious power can be frozen no problem but energy residing inside a body cannot?

Yes. The energy doesn't freeze. Energy is the ability to do work, but it can also be light or heat. Show me frozen examples of these.

That person to whom I responded believes that the Tenno are ghost like, so I'm referring to the strangeness of energy being frozen. It's pointless and very likely impossible to freeze energy.

So to you I also ask, how did this energy get frozen? The official site states that the Tenno were preserved in Cryopods for centuries, which means the energy was frozen.

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Edited by Matiny

I like this theory actually, it makes sense in terms of switching frames. That would make them a bit of a mix of the two theories, a physical body with a mental conscious that controls the frames remotely, puppeting the frames.  

So to you I also ask, how did this energy get frozen? The official site states that the Tenno were preserved in Cryopods for centuries, which means the energy was frozen.

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Perhaps the thing being preserved was the shell/frame, I mean little is known about it but I've always thought it organic which might have something to do with it. Also things in general tend to deteriorate overtime, and since the Orokin are dead it's hard to imagine how useful frames would be after centuries of battle with no upkeep. Sealing them up and taking them out only when they are needed seems pretty efficient for the situation. The tenno, if energy beings, would probably just go dormant inside them while waiting for the next activation. 

Yes. The energy doesn't freeze. Energy is the ability to do work, but it can also be light or heat. Show me frozen examples of these.

http://io9.com/scientists-freeze-light-for-an-entire-minute-912634479

Perhaps the thing being preserved was the shell/frame, I mean little is known about it but I've always thought it organic which might have something to do with it. Also things in general tend to deteriorate overtime, and since the Orokin are dead it's hard to imagine how useful frames would be after centuries of battle with no upkeep. Sealing them up and taking them out only when they are needed seems pretty efficient for the situation. The tenno, if energy beings, would probably just go dormant inside them while waiting for the next activation. 

Edited by roaddogz

Arguing if you can freeze void energy or not is pointless. You don't know how void energy works in relation to regular energy, and even the Orokin didn't fully understand it. They just put it to use.

I would assume that if the frame they are currently inhabiting goes into cryosleep, then they do as well seeing as they're still inside.

Well, I don't mean that the energy got frozen, I mean like it was stored somewhere like data on a hard drive that was factory reset.

Couple things. That article linked to an experiment which used actual coldness to freeze light by Lene Hau, which is more relevant.

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2003/may/HQ_news_03176.html

The researchers in that one used an additional light beam to jumpstart the original light (since it turns off). If the Tenno energy works the same way, then I guess that the additional energy for the Tenno to unfreeze came from _______________.

"Also things in general tend to deteriorate overtime..." So what's Stalker's deal?

Arguing if you can freeze void energy or not is pointless. You don't know how void energy works in relation to regular energy, and even the Orokin didn't fully understand it. They just put it to use.

I would assume that if the frame they are currently inhabiting goes into cryosleep, then they do as well seeing as they're still inside.

Since this is all speculation, I guess that cancels the entire argument, hm? B/c you don't know whether Vor was being literal or not. This is the same fella who advocates salvation by Janus key. Whatever that means.

Edited by Matiny

"Also things in general tend to deteriorate overtime..." So what's Stalker's deal?

You mean the hunter that was inactive until a while after tenno got re-activated? It isn't far fetched to think he was also in a similar situation, possibly rigged to re-activate himself upon the return of tenno. I mean obviously he wasn't doing anything while we were in cryosleep or whatever since we're still alive. 

You mean the hunter that was inactive until a while after tenno got re-activated? It isn't far fetched to think he was also in a similar situation, possibly rigged to re-activate himself upon the return of tenno. I mean obviously he wasn't doing anything while we were in cryosleep or whatever since we're still alive. 

Not to be rude or something, but you didn't read his bio. It says "Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me." Now I'm under the suspicion that you guys haven't read anything, and are just saying stuff.

In my case, I'm making a WF comic, so I *have* to have read the wiki content.

And also the Stalker, tenshin and Lotus were all present during the Orokin era But are NOT Tenno, 

Since this is all speculation, I guess that cancels the entire argument, hm? B/c you don't know whether Vor was being literal or not. This is the same fella who advocates salvation by Janus key. Whatever that means.

No it does not. This entire thread isn't just speculation. Vor literally says Tenno (not Warframes, since people can't seem to grasp the difference) are energy.

You also didn't even address what was said, you just asked a rhetorical question that implies something which is incorrect.