Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

And direct counter evidence:  When you make a Warframe, you construct the helmet, chassis, and systems of the suit, then merge them.  There's no DNA component that you would need to clone by the conventional definition.  We do frequently use infested material in constructing them, but they appear to be shaped, not grown like a clone.  It would also make it difficult to reproduce frames like Limbo, which appeared to have been more or less annihilated.

Also, as far as one Tenno one power set, we all but know this isn't true.  Alad V's Tenno-derived creations are capable of power usage, implying that the power set is related to the frame, not the contents.  Alad V just substituted in a different power source.  The Rhino-monster was also likely doing the same thing - note in that case it simply adjusted its own flesh, not throwing lightning or force projection or the like. 

You don't know what the systems are, they could be a genetic imprint. Why not ? Seeing how easy it is to get and use one(Kubrows).

Alad V use a different power source But Still Used frame part which contained the powers Thus all he needed was power source to replace YOU the Tenno.

You are "electricity", The frames including the bodies are the ,flashlight and walkies-talkie.

Once again I don't believe DE will go for it, but so far none of you managed to convince me i was wrong.

Edited by roaddogz

Because he literally said it. Read his quote.

"reactive dissolution"

Dissolution is a fancy way of saying dissolve. And there's also the line "every time we tear a tenno corpse from its metal womb".

The Tenno dies or is killed when tge warframe is opened. Later Vor gets smart and puts the Ascaris on us because he realise the warframes power can not be tapped without a living and docile Tenno.

WELLL, coming in here late but what if we're more infested than anything else? Each frame could have its own code of sorts to make our flesh conform to the frame's standard, our energy part is what allows us to reach into the void and use powers. Think of a blob, or how an octopus can fit anywhere.

"We are your flesh" is pretty convincing to me.

One part infested, one part void energy, last part cyborg/human DNA.

"We are your flesh" is pretty convincing to me.

It is convincing because the Infested have absorbed lots of living beings already, that does only mean the Infested know what they consist of and not that Tenno were infested themselves...

THINK.

"use your brains, Luke"

Edited by RedEyedRaven

It would be really nice if WE COULD HAVE SOME DEV CONFORMATION ON MAYBE THE BAREST OF LORE ABOUT THE ENTITIES WE'RE ACTUALLY PLAYING IN THEIR GAME.

i like the slow burn. I want to earn that info in the game, not just have a dev say "yeah thats what it is"

The "Tenno are energy"-theory was flawed from day one.

Energy doesn't need cryosleep OR a suit. Period.

What happened to Energy that's not dormant?

I think  Tenno(Player) and the warframe itself is not immortal, Cryosleeping in an unconcious Frame(Container) is a good way to preserve energy though.

I think  Tenno(Player) and the warframe itself is not immortal, Cryosleeping in an unconcious Frame(Container) is a good way to preserve energy though.

If we were energy... why would we not just hail down on enemies without taking harm of any form? Why would we need Warframes in the first place?

Why would I need Saryn when I just could BE the Miasma for instance?

Why would I need a container? Does Q from Star Trek need a container? He's an energetic, omni-potent life-form as well ya know...

The "Tenno are energy"-theory was flawed from day one.

Energy doesn't need cryosleep OR a suit. Period.

How do you know energy isn't "alive"? or sentient?

Perhaps the suit is just to contain their actual form?

Energy is not infinite. At least the source of it. Game universe/rules/logic defer from our reality a lot at times.

If we were energy... why would we not just hail down on enemies without taking harm of any form? Why would we need Warframes in the first place?

Why would I need Saryn when I just could BE the Miasma for instance?

Why would I need a container? Does Q from Star Trek need a container? He's an energetic, omni-potent life-form as well ya know...

Efficiency.

Ex :

Standing in front of a pile of gunpowder would hurt less than standing in front of a cannon with the same amount of gunpowder.

With a container 1 Tenno could kill more Sentient than without before it ran out of power.

Why a container?

1. Reduce wasted energy (entropy in thermodynamic)

2. It could be upgraded with something that could suck energy out of dead thing (Energy, Health, Affinity)

3. Rather than raw energy, Tenno could now use more specialized power.

Edited by Dartiel

Efficiency.

Ex :

Standing in front of a pile of gunpowder would hurt less than standing in front of a cannon with the same amount of gunpowder.

With a container 1 Tenno could kill more Sentient than without before it ran out of power.

How would that make sense? Would I truly need protection from something physical if I were energy? I'd go just through materia...

How would that make sense? Would I truly need protection from something physical if I were energy? I'd go just through materia...

What would happened if an energy being without containment was to be placed in a void space?

It would have to contain itself, wasting more energy.

It's more or less why human wear clothes, especially in cold places.

Note : Tenno is not an infinite source of energy.

anyone who says "energy doesnt need to sleep" or "WFs bleed, so it has to be human" is just being belligerent. There are countless reasonable examples in Scifi where machines bleed and robots sleep/ get put into stasis. 

it takes 5 seconds of critical thinking to explain either theory. 

It's not about that. Energy-life-forms are nothing new if you're familiar with Sci-Fi... I just find it stupid people think energy-beings need any form of physical containment.

i find it ridiculous that you have this very narrow idea of what being energy can mean. I wish there was someone that could break it down in simple enough terms for you to understand. You're making it out to be way more complex than necessary. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

It is convincing because the Infested have absorbed lots of living beings already, that does only mean the Infested know what they consist of and not that Tenno were infested themselves...

THINK.

"use your brains, Luke"

Ok, doing so.  The actual line is"Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh." though the wiki lists it as an old J3 and current Lephantis quote not as Phorid.  You'd think that if it was what you're implying it would be more "We know your limits, join us and ascend." Rather than "We are your flesh" implying similarity; or the very similar line "We are of your flesh" implying that one of us resulted in the creation of the other. 

We're obviously not Infested, we maintain our individuality and don't mutate out of control; but its not too far fetched to assume that there's a relationship between Tenno and the Infested.  We just don't know what it is.  Beyond farming them for materials to make more warframes. 

Food for thought.  The whatever the Tenno energy to us, simple extra power or our true nature, its specifically Void energy.  Void energy is also what our powers run on.  So if Void energy is our true selves, our "bodies" or "souls" if you will, why does expending Void energy not harm us?  Much like certain forms of fantasy black magic using life force to power it.  Even better, when we encounter energy disruption like energy leech or mag procs - or outright denial systems like Nullifiers - how does this not kill beings whose true nature is energy? 

Here to play devil's advocate again:

To the statement that "energy doesn't need to sleep or be frozen!!"

It could be the cryopods weren't meant to "preserve" the Tenno physically, but rather to simply take them out of the universe; to ensure they're not longer an active part of the "equation" of Origin. I mean, the entire goal of the Tenno race is balancing the system. This seems to mean ensuring that empires and the power people can possess are stunted to a point where they can't be used to oppress others.

Whether we want to be or not, the Tenno are a part of that balancing act. We have such incredible power and access to weaponry that can crush most everything in the system, but because of that we're also a huge threat. Look at what our return and attempt to rebalance the system has resulted in: an arms race that has led to the creation of Balors, Zanuka, the Manics. Imagine what would have happened if we stayed awake fresh-out of the Collapse, when Orokin tech was still fresh in everyone's mind.

But we can't just flat out kill ourselves and remove ourselves from the balance that way. We're the protectors of the system, here to defend it and rebalance it whenever it's needed. If we're not around to do it, no one is, and thus we must endure. Thus, sleep is the second best option.

In short: It could be that the Tenno didn't go into Cryosleep to physically preserve themselves, but rather to minimize their impact on the system after their balancing of it in the wake of their slaughtering of the Orokin Emperors.

(whether or not we're energy or not, though, I think this "remove ourselves from the equation with the cyropods" WAS a huge factor into WHY they went to sleep in them in the first place; and there's also the bit that Warframe may be biological, meaning we're looking to preserve them, but that's a different train of thought entirely from this)

Ok, doing so.  The actual line is"Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh." though the wiki lists it as an old J3 and current Lephantis quote not as Phorid.  You'd think that if it was what you're implying it would be more "We know your limits, join us and ascend." Rather than "We are your flesh" implying similarity; or the very similar line "We are of your flesh" implying that one of us resulted in the creation of the other. 

The reason for them saying "We are your flesh" is the Infested were created from the Technocyte, and Warframes were created from the Technocyte. So we share 'flesh' with the Infested. (I don't believe we are infested under the frames, though)

Like what? And no, that white, goopy sh*t from Aliens doesn't count.

Bicentennial man for one. T-900, i could go on- but chances are you'll just come up with a nonsense counterargument. 

Can you not see the possibility that they may have the technology to merge organic material with tech? We can already grow skin in labs today, its not that far fetched to imagine that they can create more complex organic material- that would need some form of fluid to sustain it..something that could work like blood.

IF Tenno is an energy being.

That would mean Tennos were controlling Frame not because they are strong, but because they are the only ones capable of controlling frame without easily taken over by Sentients like those Cephalons.

And a dispersed and weak energy being for Orokin is useless.

Food for thought.  The whatever the Tenno energy to us, simple extra power or our true nature, its specifically Void energy.  Void energy is also what our powers run on.  So if Void energy is our true selves, our "bodies" or "souls" if you will, why does expending Void energy not harm us?  Much like certain forms of fantasy black magic using life force to power it.  Even better, when we encounter energy disruption like energy leech or mag procs - or outright denial systems like Nullifiers - how does this not kill beings whose true nature is energy? 

That's why Tenno needs a container.

It protects us, shield us from something that could easily kill us if we are not in a frame.

And The frame itself might have a safeguard that block our ability if we don't have enough energy (that teeeet sound if you don't have enough energy to use abilities).

Edited by Dartiel

It could be the cryopods weren't meant to "preserve" the Tenno physically, but rather to simply take them out of the universe; to ensure they're not longer an active part of the "equation" of Origin. I mean, the entire goal of the Tenno race is balancing the system. This seems to mean ensuring that empires and the power people can possess are stunted to a point where they can't be used to oppress others.

Whether we want to be or not, the Tenno are a part of that balancing act. We have such incredible power and access to weaponry that can crush most everything in the system, but because of that we're also a huge threat. Look at what our return and attempt to rebalance the system has resulted in: an arms race that has led to the creation of Balors, Zanuka, the Manics. Imagine what would have happened if we stayed awake fresh-out of the Collapse, when Orokin tech was still fresh in everyone's mind.

But we can't just flat out kill ourselves and remove ourselves from the balance that way. We're the protectors of the system, here to defend it and rebalance it whenever it's needed. If we're not around to do it, no one is, and thus we must endure. Thus, sleep is the second best option.

Makes us sound a helluva lot like the Demons of Razgriz.