Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

A separate organism, likely originally going to be the sole creature sent to combat the Sentients (ala Lephantis's "created to fight in the old war" - which makes sense; Sentient can't control living flesh), as can be attested to by our own in-game character's switching of frames.

How the physicallity of the Tenno relates to this has yet to be revealed.

Oh yeah. There's only so much squick people can take.

What interests me the most is since mono tenno is fact now, how do they change frames and gender?  Also if Tenno are void twisted humans( I.E look at the codex fan art) or just regular humans in the suits, how will their appearance be UNDER the frame?

I don't think that really constitutes as proof, ordis flat out says we are wearing suits...that seals it for me. Whatever we look like without our frames has to be pretty flexible, I mean you wear a spacious rhino one minute, and then squeeze into a mag the next.

Or maybe the devs just created different Warframe classes, players started to ask what Tenno were like, devs picked up one of the players theory (Warframes as suits) and then ta-dan! Mind blown.  

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

Then how can tenno pilot different sizes of frames? Simple, tenno are cut off heads that cant survive without frames. That is why when building frames, the helmet is important, or else they could have incuded it in the chasis (blueprint+ chasis {body}+ systems{soul} might have been enough). When the orokin experimented on tenno, something had happened to the bodies necessitating for them to cut it off from the head.

True story.

What interests me the most is since mono tenno is fact now, how do they change frames and gender?  Also if Tenno are void twisted humans( I.E look at the codex fan art) or just regular humans in the suits, how will their appearance be UNDER the frame?

Only time will tell the latter, but, as for switching frames, I like to think:

that the Warframe "consumes" the Tenno wearing it ala Guyver or the Venom symbiote from Marvel, combining itself with them until the Tenno decides "Hmm, new Warframe time" and has the Warframe regurgitate them whole.

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

This has been answered several times but people always ignore just to repeat what you have posted.

Ok, one more time....

This is Chewbacca.

2Wc3GVD.jpg

Chewbacca is a Wookie.

Nah im just joking.

But, seriously, this is Wonderman. 

gTnT30g.jpg

Wonderman is actually made of Ionic energy, you can see this because he has no eyes like the Tenno.

But he can create a solid form as you can see there. Just because he is made of energy it doesnt mean that you are just floating energy at all times.

This is what Wonderman looks like in full energy mode.

eNsy4Iul.gif

This is a Vorlon

olVCamN.jpg

He is wearing was is called an Encounter Suit.

He is wearing this because they are energy being and this is what they actually look like.

GQVLsSb.png

Actually they look different depending on what species is viewing them but they look to have solid shapes. A solid torso and head at least.

G51lSBE.png

Just because you are made of energy it doesnt mean you are formless.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Ah, well forgive my poor reasoning.

As for Chroma: oh yeah.

What controlled it, if anything? Was it just feral? Being unleashed by the Sentients because it was a useful tool? Could they control it because Chroma was wearing a melted Sentient machine?

(that last part is actually rather fascinating: what happens to the Warframe underneath the Chroma pelt after it breaks away during the encounter?)

But the biggest question I have: what was it about Chroma that, after just seeing it on Europa, was enough to make Lotus start to think "wait, could the Sentients be back? No... it cannot be."??

Also, Chroma's 'pelt' looks a lot like an Ancient, especially their arm area.

Also, Chroma's 'pelt' looks a lot like an Ancient, especially their arm area.

It was actually pointed out to me that it's basically the exact same silhouette as the Sentients in the trailer, and after remember what heat can do to metal:

_45459251_alloywheels416gt.jpg

OR, for something that can have a little more before and after applied to it:

02-melted-Darth-Vader-helmet.jpg

So, far as I can tell, that solves the mystery of the "trophy", and what the Sentients actually are (Sorry to those who hoped they were living creaturs).

Edited by Morec0

OR, for something that can have a little more before and after applied to it:

02-melted-Darth-Vader-helmet.jpg

So, far as I can tell, that solves the mystery of the "trophy", and what the Sentients actually are (Sorry to those who hoped they were living creaturs).

I'm not exactly sure what Vader's helmet is made out of, but if it's metal, how did a campfire deform it?

So, you're saying the Sentients are synthetic?

I'm not exactly sure what Vader's helmet is made out of, but if it's metal, how did a campfire deform it?

So, you're saying the Sentients are synthetic?

I've believed them to be Cephalons of some description for a while, so indeed I do.

I've believed them to be Cephalons of some description for a while, so indeed I do.

Also, after Steve's description of them in Devsream 51, my first though was 'Sentients are Geth'. No meatbag can learn our fighting style within seconds of an ally being killed, that's an AI type mechanic.

Also, after Steve's description of them in Devsream 51, my first though was 'Sentients are Geth'. No meatbag can learn our fighting style within seconds of an ally being killed, that's an AI type mechanic.

Woah, I hadn't even thought about that, good catch.

Still wondering what that "adapt" will mean, though.

Until I get a cut-scene of Ember undressing I will believe she can not do so and as such I am seeing her in all her glory as is.

*satire*

Granted, but the Tenno who was wearing the Ember at the time of the undressing was a fat, hairy dude.

Woah, I hadn't even thought about that, good catch.

Still wondering what that "adapt" will mean, though.

The Geth 'adapted' but it felt like I was killing them with equal efficiency, and for gameplay reasons, I don't see how flexible that could be. From how I interpret them 'adapting' you could go to a level 5 planet, and kill enough Sentients to start seeing them rank 50+ within minutes. Because, skill damage threshold and output only increases with rank... Unless the Sentients get an entirely different form of gameplay.

Granted, but the Tenno who was wearing the Ember at the time of the undressing was a fat, hairy dude.

Shape Tenno / Forced Metamorphosis Warframes confirmed.

You heard it here first people.

EDIT: I think either they jump consciousnesses to the Warframes (which are complete with bodies/organic composition already). Or that the Warframe forces the wearer into it's necessary form upon wearing. Course the later means Ember could be a fat dude. But I'm going to imagine my Tenno looks like Emma Watson. 

Edited by (PS4)SilverKarasu

Shape Tenno / Forced Metamorphosis Warframes confirmed.

You heard it here first people.

EDIT: I think either they jump consciousnesses to the Warframes (which are complete with bodies/organic composition already). Or that the Warframe forces the wearer into it's necessary form upon wearing. Course the later means Ember could be a fat dude. But I'm going to imagine my Tenno looks like Emma Watson. 

Heck, you could even imagine that each of your Warframes was indeed a different Tenno. Could they switch to other Warframes? Suuuure, but they're just so much more comfortable in, say, an Ash or Zephyr, and because of that far more efficient when using those frames than any other, then why bother switching?

That's one of the greatest strengths of mono-Tenno, the ability to choose.

I had assumed insect-type aliens.  Hiving, swarming, adaptability, total alieness relative to humans, look no further than your nearest ant colony.  Granted, the statements on the Sentient fragment being a machine made me go for cyborg bugs, but the mentality is still there (why didn't Lotus recognize it, though?).  I also wonder if "Sentients" is a misnomer for the "Sentience".  Alternatively, if they're actually energy beings that can possess machinery, it would explain the low tech solutions and the on death info transfer would be from their energy dissipating to their fellows. 

While Cephalons are obviously a bit more than standard AI, I doubt the two are the same thing, or would find it agreeable to be compared as related.  I could potentially buy that one of them is the consequence of the other, though one direction of that would likely result in a somewhat boring Skynet like result.