Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I never believed they were anything but flesh and blood in a high tech suit for simple reasons... They bleed. 

But more recent additions like Ember and Rhino's codex entries pretty much confirm it all. 

I'll continue to argue that the thing in the Rhino Codex wasn't a Tenno until solidly proven otherwise, but that's another discussion for another time.

All this proves, is that the Warframe is alive. Many people support the notion that the Warframe is an organic suit, similar to a Guyver, that theoretically is capable of all the functions described above, and that organic weapon, is piloted by an "energy" Tenno. 

A what? The only 'Guyver' I have ever heard of is Mc.

-.- really? and if the theory was correct, it would it have said "her metaphoric lips parted in ethereal gladness as if to suggest the act of smiling manifest in some corporeal beings"? i don't think so. likely just a convenient figure of speech 

There isn't actually much to support the energy theory other than the fact we can inhabit different frames instantly and universally, occupying veeery thin or bulky spaces as well as growing $* indistinctly. It would make perfect sense but sadly nothing in the lore supports this idea that i know of...But i might be wrong. What does everyone else think?

this seems to sum up everything quite nice

But why would the codex talk about something that doesn't even relate to Tenno at all then?

To be fair, not every single piece of lore in this game has to be directly tied to the Tenno. Take the most recent Anti-MOA lore bit, for example.

I mean, the "giant bearlike monster with metallic claws that shovels heaps of gore into its mouth" doesn't sound anything like the "frightened children with strange powers" description of Tenno from Ember's lore.

The roaring bit was definitely oddly specific, though, so I guess I wouldn't really be surprised either way at this point. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

But why would the codex talk about something that doesn't even relate to Tenno at all then?

It's talking about the origin of the Rhino frame, not specifically Tenno. There is absolutely no mention anywhere (else) that remotely even hints Tenno are cannibalistic beasts.

I'm of the belief that the monster in the codex was in fact a Rhino Warframe, but without a Tenno controlling it. They are Void Twisted humans, and not unlike Infested, so their minds are probably similarly degraded, hence the need for a Tenno to pilot the monstrosity.

But it does. It's a Warframe, and at the end it leads to the first meeting between the creatures (imo, technocyte-made creatures ala Lephantis) that would become the Warframes and "the ones from the Zariman" that would become known as the Tenno.

im still thinking it's tardis like spatial dimensions

add 1 spatial dimension in addition to the others and boom,something can be bigger/smaller than it is on the outside

Somebody's mono-Tenno theory from a month-ish back said something like that. Like how a 6-foot male Tenno could fit into a 5-4 female frame.

It would relate to the warframes they control.

At any rate, I have nothing wrong with the theory or anything arguing against it, but I'm kind of surprised that anyone that believes either side can be so certain s/he's correct given the lore in its current state.

It's talking about the origin of the Rhino frame, not specifically Tenno. There is absolutely no mention anywhere (else) that remotely even hints Tenno are cannibalistic beasts.

Its just a reference to rhino, not to the rest of them.  It would make sense for rhino to be a somewhat vicious tenno.  The ember entry implies that one of the children found on the ship burnt the crap out of the woman from the investigation team when she got close to them.  The warframes may help the tenno keep control of themselves. 

I'm of the belief that the monster in the codex was in fact a Rhino Warframe, but without a Tenno controlling it. They are Void Twisted humans, and not unlike Infested, so their minds are probably similarly degraded, hence the need for a Tenno to pilot the monstrosity.

So, the warframes themselves ARE the Zaruman kids? Then they had these "Tenno" trained to pilot them? I thought the Tenno inside were the ones who had all the power. The suits were simply used to channel that power more effectively/efficiently.

But it does. It's a Warframe, and at the end it leads to the first meeting between the creatures (imo, technocyte-made creatures ala Lephantis) that would become the Warframes and "the ones from the Zariman" that would become known as the Tenno.

Was it you I was talking to about my comparison of the Warframes to the Nanosuit? A few weeks ago? This just adds to the comparison: Nanosuits are technically living, (in this theory) Warframes are technically living. Oh the similarities!

Its just a reference to rhino, not to the rest of them.  It would make sense for rhino to be a somewhat vicious tenno.  The ember entry implies that one of the children found on the ship burnt the crap out of the woman from the investigation team when she got close to them.  The warframes may help the tenno keep control of themselves. 

Here's the thing, though:

The "Tenno" in the Rhino Codex used Rhino powers... Rhino Warframe abilities, abilities that are specific to the Rhino Warframe and that we use when our individual Tenno character (because, despite the holdouts, mono-Tenno IS fact now) can wear at any time. So, the abilities come from the Warframe, an idea supported by the "Not a Tenno" Infested Mesa in Patient Zero using its Warframe abilities against you.

As for Ember, as Vor said "the Tenno are that energy" - whether you take this as literal (energy being theory) or not, the fact remains: we are BRIMMING with the power of the Void, and that's more that likely gonna burn someone if they get too close. Hence the theory I like that the Warframes also allow us to interact with the common people.

I won't really claim any theory to be untrue, only that there are many theories as to what the Tenno are. Your point about energy can be countered by the movie Titan A.E.

That movie was about aliens that are energy based life-forms that are taking over the galaxy, pretty much. They have a hive-mind-like hierarchy structure.

So can energy smile? Perhaps? A smile to me is anything that looks like a smily face....ish....

Before you say something about bringing a movie into this for use of comparison or a pointless counter argument, consider that this is also a game, where the laws and logic are also slightly different from our reality.....

Was it you I was talking to about my comparison of the Warframes to the Nanosuit? A few weeks ago? This just adds to the comparison: Nanosuits are technically living, (in this theory) Warframes are technically living. Oh the similarities!

I think it was. And I'd say it's so. Didn't agree with what I assumed you were saying about us sending just our consciousness between Warframes that have bodies within them (ala Crysis Prophet and whatnot) but I agree with the "nano suit" comparison.

So, the warframes themselves ARE the Zaruman kids? Then they had these "Tenno" trained to pilot them? I thought the Tenno inside were the ones who had all the power. The suits were simply used to channel that power more effectively/efficiently.

In my mind, yes, the Warframe is the Zariman kids, twisted and granted powers by the Void. That original, twisted child had armour built around it to focus and enhance its natural abilities. These two things are - collectively - the Warframe.

The Tenno is simply a (Cephalon) pilot. It can be "plugged in" to any Warframe and granted full control over their actions. In that sense, the Tenno itself has no abilities, other than the knowledge of how to properly manipulate the Warframes.

Obviously the original body of the Warframe is still alive, as mentioned several times in this thread. However, its state of mind is probably unstable at best, which is why it needs a Tenno to control it. The suit built around it similarly renders the creature incapable of acting of its own free will, even when not in use by the Tenno.

Haha, just my theory.

Here's the thing, though:

The "Tenno" in the Rhino Codex used Rhino powers... Rhino Warframe abilities, abilities that are specific to the Rhino Warframe and that we use when our individual Tenno character (because, despite the holdouts, mono-Tenno IS fact now) can wear at any time. So, the abilities come from the Warframe, an idea supported by the "Not a Tenno" Infested Mesa in Patient Zero using its Warframe abilities against you.

My head is still spinning about Chroma... Who was using the Chroma? Was it that being whom was whispering all creepy-like? When was the last time Lotus saw one?

I think it was. And I'd say it's so. Didn't agree with what I assumed you were saying about us sending just our consciousness between Warframes that have bodies within them (ala Crysis Prophet and whatnot) but I agree with the "nano suit" comparison.

That might have been somebody else with the 'consciousness' thing. I've been more of a fan of the 'void magic allows mono-Tenno to physically pilot different sized frames' thing :P

there is always the possibility that original sources for Warframes / Abilities are what the game talks about and that current 'beings' are Energy.

I think this is the case, the originals were actually physical beings, and the current have become energy beings able to switch between warframes.