Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor's Rocket Jump Was A Bad Idea

K0bra

People can have fun but not on other people.Make fun by yourself.Its annyoing when you get rocketjumped 50 times in defense match and you cant stand still for sec.

The other thing is when other people only have fun when they troll and get on other people nerves thats a sad thing.

Edited by K0bra

As many people say, trolls will always be trolls. It's part of playing a game with loads of people you don't know. Changing the weapon isn't going to make a troll no longer a troll, they'll still be there. As others have said, it's just this weapon is new and getting lots of attention, give it a few weeks and the issue will kill itself, as shown with the many other frames with similar capabilities that are not an issue. 

Well, to be honest so far the only tonkor-jumping i had was with a bored Nekros player in a farming group. We spend the second half of our 40 waves run throwing each other into the air and trying to steal as much damage as possible from each other and from a peacekeeper Mesa.

Ah, and i mistakenly rocketjumped a downed guy once. Wanted to clear out the swarm of Onfested around him, ended up hitting him as well and launched him... All good though, just sped to him and revived him myself. Was funny seeing him fly though.

i just really dont see the point of it. if its good or bad, whatever, but what is the point of it?  how many times are you going to really be in a situation where you are going to grenade your buddy in a meaningful way? that is the main thing that gets me about it. 

So according to the people defending the trolls here, if a kid get harrassed by bullies

a) he's just a whiner

b) maybe the bullies will get bored bullying him after a weeks so no biggy

c) finally he should not leave his house and play by himself if he doesn't want trouble

But in no way the bullies should be dealt with

Nice mindset...

So according to the people defending the trolls here, if a kid get harrassed by bullies

a) he's just a whiner

c) finally he should not leave his house and play by himself if he doesn't want trouble

Nice mindset...

Welcome to the internet! :D

a) he's just a whiner

Nice mindset...

Right, because getting bullied in school is the same as someone launching you around with a grenade launcher in Warframe.

I'm one of the more sensitive people that I know, and even I would find it more funny than anything, no matter how often they did it. So what if I get downed or the mission fails because someone was screwing around? It means they don't get the rewards either if we fail, and if I die because some derp sent me across the map with the Tonkor, I'll either burn one of my four revives that I have on ONE of my many suits, or I'll just forfeit and laugh while they get wrecked because they don't have me watching their back.

I don't know about you all, but it certainly is annoying getting bumped to the air by the tonkor and I know it is unintentional a lot of times. Also, what is with the "was"? Did they remove the rocketjump? 

Edited by saltygr33n

Right, because getting bullied in school is the same as someone launching you around with a grenade launcher in Warframe.

I'm one of the more sensitive people that I know, and even I would find it more funny than anything, no matter how often they did it. So what if I get downed or the mission fails because someone was screwing around? It means they don't get the rewards either if we fail, and if I die because some derp sent me across the map with the Tonkor, I'll either burn one of my four revives that I have on ONE of my many suits, or I'll just forfeit and laugh while they get wrecked because they don't have me watching their back.

While it is sort of a stretch to relate this situation to bullying, they do share the same situation of one person doing something to another person that is viewed as unpleasant. At least to some. And we shouldn't fault a person for speaking up about it, especially in a situation where there is really no benefit to maintaining whatever is occurring. It's a minor issue, but if it can repaired pretty effortlessly there is no reason to knock it to the side. I don't think anyone would object to the removal of the bounce effecting team mates, outside those who are partaking in tossing others across the map, to which they will just have to find another way to get their kicks, and if the staff team decides to do it no biggie. However if it doesn't go down that way, just remember everyone, just like any other method possible of trolling with, it'll get old soon enough and basically die out on its own.  

Look, I agree with the OP because of something I just experienced:

Here I am, with a Tower IV Defense key. Recruited some dudes over the Recruitment channel, and specifically said that we would go for wave 20.

This one guy, on the last second of the countdown, changed for a low lever Zephyr so he could level riding along the team. Ok, no problem, aside the fact that he brought a Tonkor with him.

So, imagine, the Frost on our team trying to keep Snowglobe up, while this idiot kept rocket jumping all of us outside the globe into the enemies crowd, all the freaking time. After lots of deaths and revives, we got to wave 10, but people got annoyed and left. And there goes my key. 

So, I couldn't kick the bastard off the team, AND It did not have a relevant report option, so I chose the harassment one. Come on DE, help me out here.

Tonkor's Rocket jump for the other players of the team serves no purpose, unless you want to ruin the game for everyone else. 

Look, I agree with the OP because of something I just experienced:

Here I am, with a Tower IV Defense key. Recruited some dudes over the Recruitment channel, and specifically said that we would go for wave 20.

This one guy, on the last second of the countdown, changed for a low lever Zephyr so he could level riding along the team. Ok, no problem, aside the fact that he brought a Tonkor with him.

So, imagine, the Frost on our team trying to keep Snowglobe up, while this idiot kept rocket jumping all of us outside the globe into the enemies crowd, all the freaking time. After lots of deaths and revives, we got to wave 10, but people got annoyed and left. And there goes my key. 

So, I couldn't kick the bastard off the team, AND It did not have a relevant report option, so I chose the harassment one. Come on DE, help me out here.

Tonkor's Rocket jump for the other players of the team serves no purpose, unless you want to ruin the game for everyone else. 

While i see your point....  Remember vaubans ability?  bounce?

Being honest... people 'should' grow tired of it 'eventually' just like most do with bounce.

Edited by achromos

I'm one of the more sensitive people that I know, and even I would find it more funny than anything, no matter how often they did it.

Well I'm glad I don't live around you, must be a sad place if it's your definition of fun and you call yourself the most sensitive

Blah. Novas and Vaubans can troll you just as hard. 

And yes...as long as it's new.. a few people will troll around a bit...then the novelty wears off and it won't really happen again except for like one out of 100 missions.... 

So calm down and just wait instead for asking them to remove weapon mechanics when they're finding some new, fun ways for their games' weapons to work...because I sure as hell don't want YET ANOTHER GENERIC DUAL FULL AUTO PISTOL.