Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trollframe 2.0: Tonkor, Etc.

MidnightDreary

Ok, so here is an amazing idea:

An opt-out system for players to choose what warframe / weapon powers that are willing to be affected by. (PvE only)

For example, with the addition of the Tonkor, you can forget trying to melee any enemies when a player has this weapon equipped.  You will spend the entire game in the air and not killing anything.  I do NOT want this weapon to bounce me.

There has NEVER been any circumstance where being Teleport switched by loki has been needed, wanted or beneficial to me.  I want to opt out of this ability so that I never have to suffer an imbecile switching me again.

There is no reason I want Valk to ripline me, EVER.

Vauban's Bounce - NO.

Even Volt's Speed I do not like or want on me.  It is simply to fast and throws off the pacing of my game and attacks, though I recognize that a lot of people like this.

So, simply put, allows us to choose to not be trolled by obnoxious players instead of forced upon us in every public game.

Well yeah, trolls that cant stop before crossing the line of funny\annoying are bad thing. But:

1. There's not many of em. 

2. U can troll em back.

3. This is so minor that DE shouldnt ever pay attention to this instead of something that really matters.

And for last, there actually is a solution i can think of: avoiding system, so certain player cant join in ur squad or you to squad he's in, unless directly invited.

Edited by Sormaran

Well yeah, trolls that cant stop before crossing the line of funny\annoying are bad thing. But:

1. There's not many of em. 

2. U can troll em back.

3. This is so minor that DE shouldnt ever pay attention to this instead of something that really matters.

And for last, there actually is a solution i can think of: avoiding system, so certain player cant join in ur squad or you to squad he's in, unless directly invited.

1. False.

2. Fail suggestion.

3. Game breaking for melee play.

My suggestion would prevent any of this from ever happening.  Look what happened when Limbo players were trolling: they introduced a mechanic that allowed players to un-banish themselves.

Can't melee with Tonkor teammate?

Do you even ground slam bro?

Do you even play melee, "bro?"

Yup, to that extent that I run around T4 with pimped out Skana out of boredom. I use multitude of frames with many weapons. And I still don't see the problem Melee + Tonkor...

So let me understand this.

You don't see the problem with being hoisted high in the air, against your will, as many times as the other player likes, interrupting your melee combo, perching you in a vunerable spot mid-air to be shot from every angle, to land where an explosive has killed everything around so there's nothing left for you and your solution is "just ground slam."  Why? To hit nothing on landing and be stuck in place from the ground slam lock time?  To be pigeon-holed in to using Jat Kittag for a prayer of actually getting to hit something?

And as far as your claim of Skana clearing T4 I would ask if it was solo work or team setting, frame used and time you went.  And if your claim is solo melee only, then I would ask for a video or it didn't happen.

So let me understand this.

You don't see the problem with being hoisted high in the air, against your will, as many times as the other player likes, interrupting your melee combo, perching you in a vunerable spot mid-air to be shot from every angle, to land where an explosive has killed everything around so there's nothing left for you and your solution is "just ground slam."  Why? To hit nothing on landing and be stuck in place from the ground slam lock time?  To be pigeon-holed in to using Jat Kittag for a prayer of actually getting to hit something?

And as far as your claim of Skana clearing T4 I would ask if it was solo work or team setting, frame used and time you went.  And if your claim is solo melee only, then I would ask for a video or it didn't happen.

I don't mind cause:

If by any chance I'd have a troll in my mission I want to succeed in I will simply leave. (doesn't matter whether Solar System or Void)

If I'll get bounced more then once I can always direct melee in a safe direction if I'm in danger or if everything is dead I can move to next target.

Still, we've been past Valkyr, Vauban and Nova and I don't see DE making any counter measures against trolls that are % of community. I'd recommend just being patient.

As for Skana: Nova built around Power Strenght, Saryn with Molt Augment and been trying to work out Nyx/Rhino, and thinking of getting Synd mods for Zephyr... though just got an idea for trying out Volt when I get his Prime, should be fun. None Melee only, I use Braton/Burston to break bubbles, skills to wipe out maggots and then proceed to take my time with Gunners/Bombards melee. Also a third Exterminations and half Capture are done solo, rest with friends, otherwise I see it as a waste of key kinda. Other 4 modes are kind of  "ain't that pro/no-life to try that" to solo with melee mostly.

Best solution is to just turn off teammate effects and/or have some skills just be different. Switch Teleport basically locks the target ally in place, even if you run the augment thus making it worse than it should be, Bounce is still not useful at all (Bounce was supposed to be the global equivalent to Super Jump but both suck since parkour exists as well as aerial melee while the only frame that would ever benefit is Zephyr), Valkyr's Ripline should have treated us players as objects rather than units and move them towards us instead and stuff like Tonkor should only fly allied Zephyr up in the air (synergy!).

Edited by matrixEXO

So, simply put, allows us to choose to not be trolled by obnoxious players instead of forced upon us in every public game.

Yes, because making MASSIVE over-exaggerations of something done once in a blue-moon by one random player out of a player base of millions is a justified base to make changes to games.

DE wouldn't care about this though, because they basically the troll core :))
they create it, know what it'll do

and the amount of troll in the internet supporting that is enough to bring down this kind of thread
it's fun for them

my suggestion is just to ignore them/quit the squad
most of the time they'll stop if you don't care, but if you getting angry or else they'll just keep doin it

Yes, because making MASSIVE over-exaggerations of something done once in a blue-moon by one random player out of a player base of millions is a justified base to make changes to games.

Except experience varies wildly from player to player. You might not have any or very little experience with trolls/bad uses of abilities and/or weapons that directly interfere with your control over the game, but others might have been unlucky enough to experience it more often, maybe even on a daily basis for some very unlucky few.

There are many trolls in WarGUNS, that's undeniable. Many. Fortunately, there are many more players that are respectful and more "careful" of how they might affect others. I wouldn't dismiss another player's experience of the game so carelessly just because it differs from mine, even if it only represents what a minority thinks. Just saying.

I'm not sure DE can/wants to do anything about it though. An option to "disable" other players affecting you might also be tricky to implement.^^'

my suggestion is just to ignore them/quit the squad

most of the time they'll stop if you don't care, but if you getting angry or else they'll just keep doin it

And this is what this thread is about.  Introducing a game mechanic that makes trolling very hard and prevents people from just having to endure an infantile jerk.  Real life you'd be able to retaliate against such behavior which makes every single person who trolls a complete coward.

For the "oh, it's not that bad! it's a rare problem" people.  Why should anyone have to put up with it, even on a rare occasion?  Why should someone who may only have time for two or three games in a day have their experience ruined and time wasted?  I understand that if you play Warframe 14 hours a day one or two ruined games are no big deal, but it's frustrating for the rest of us.

Or how about a forum section to post videos of being trolled which could be reviewed and result in player getting their accounts suspended for a few days?  I bet that nonsense quickly stops.

I do end up playing a lot of solo, but that's a shame since this is such a great multiplayer game.  And I love my clan and enjoy playing with them, but it'd also be nice to knock out a pub or two without complete fail being in the mix.

Another one of these threads...

*Grabs lawnchair and popcorn* 

Also, you may want this.. 

(Why don't we focus on nerfing the Ancients hook pull as well as Scorpion's?) 

FlameRepellentNew.png

*pulls up own lawnchair and popcorn bucket*

I've only had this kind of thing happen to me once, by someone who genuinely didn't mean to do it and who apologized at the end of the mission.. Out of dozens, if not hundreds, of missions I've run online.

Unless suddenly dozens of other players in my missions start shooting me into the air, I won't really consider this a big problem.

Ok, so here is an amazing idea:

An opt-out system for players to choose what warframe / weapon powers that are willing to be affected by. (PvE only)

For example, with the addition of the Tonkor, you can forget trying to melee any enemies when a player has this weapon equipped.  You will spend the entire game in the air and not killing anything.  I do NOT want this weapon to bounce me.

There has NEVER been any circumstance where being Teleport switched by loki has been needed, wanted or beneficial to me.  I want to opt out of this ability so that I never have to suffer an imbecile switching me again.

There is no reason I want Valk to ripline me, EVER.

Vauban's Bounce - NO.

Even Volt's Speed I do not like or want on me.  It is simply to fast and throws off the pacing of my game and attacks, though I recognize that a lot of people like this.

Play solo, or with friends, if you don't want to risk getting caught up in someone's weapon or powers. Problem solved.

-Random irrational player gets trolled by Tonkor- 

Comes to forums to complain and cry about it being a troll weapon. When really they want it to be nerfed and see this as the best option. :/

-Random Rational player gets trolled by Tonkor-

Ignores it and moves on.