Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volts Nerf And How He Works Now

(PSN)JiggaJazz

Well ive figured it out since DE stealth nerfed volt and didn't tell us how electric shields stack now.

Thank you DE for making me use time in order to figure it out myself since IMO you purposely stealth nerfed volt.

Electric shield stacks used to work where the electric DMG bonus was calculated into your crit DMG, which is what made stacking 5 shields allow you to kill lv 300 enemies in less than a second.

Now however the electric bonus does not calculate into crit and the bonus is a flat 60% base DMG that is determined by your DMG just like any gun. IE serration and heavy cal affect the elec DMG bonus.

DE how could you Nerf a frame that uses auto kill as crowd control? He has no press 4 to win and I'm bummed out that you'd Nerf the hell out of stacking and stealth Nerf it at that.

I'm offended you stealth Nerf volt with the idea that we would not realize.

DE how could you Nerf a frame that uses auto kill as crowd control? He has no press 4 to win and I'm bummed out that you'd Nerf the hell out of stacking and stealth Nerf it at that.

you'd be suprised at how well overload is in defense missions, just yesterday someone will volt prime brought energy pads and all he did was stand in the cryopod, spamming overload, pretty much did half the kills in 10 waves.

you'd be suprised at how well overload is in defense missions, just yesterday someone will volt prime brought energy pads and all he did was stand in the cryopod, spamming overload, pretty much did half the kills in 10 waves.

We all have our opinions and overload sucks in my mind. Its an okay ability but nothing compared to shock, speed and overload.

But definitely shout out to DE for the stealth Nerf love you guys.

But definitely shout out to DE for the stealth Nerf love you guys.

Here's one from Drew:

Unlisted changes are never intentional, and we appreciate it when players respectfully tell us "hey, you missed something in the notes." We go through hundreds of integrations to make our notes, so sometimes we miss something.

They probably nerfed him because he saved 10 whole seconds at the end of a raid by instant killing vay hek with shield stacking.

Dude he insta killed anything lol.

I made corrupted vor glitch all the time where his life bar would go down so fast that it wouldnt even move and he'd insta die forcing his body to remain all game acting as a bullet sponge

I'd wait for vor to tele in the middle of a hall and insta kill him so I had a shield to block bullets all mission, worked amazing for t4s

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

Dude he insta killed anything lol.

I made corrupted vor glitch all the time where his life bar would go down so fast that it wouldnt even move and he'd insta die forcing his body to remain all game acting as a bullet sponge

I'd wait for vor to tele in the middle of a hall and insta kill him so I had a shield to block bullets all mission, worked amazing for t4s

So then how are you surprised this got fixed?

So then how are you surprised this got fixed?

Because the general public never deemed this op

Volt was IMO the best frame in the game hands down yet nobody understood what made him so op

Now he gets nerfed and everyone hops on it like they all wanted it

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

Did they tell us how it worked before?

Obviously if you know how it works (when PS4 hasn't even received the change yet, since it only came out today on PC) they don't need to spell it out.

You clearly have no idea what I'm talking about since the volt nerf came in the early updates of U16..

Welp, no suprise there. Volt has a weak set in generall as he does not allow specific builds. DE kinda seems to like the idea of completely useless "balanced" frames..

He is very strong. He has an extremely versatile team mobility skill, two decent CC's, and a shield that is:

Huge

Unbreakable

Boosts damage

Boosts crits

Makes many weapons hitscan

Greatly increases the range of weapons with limited range

Volt is one of the best frames for a reason.

Edited by egregiousRac

You know, you should be thankful that the thing still protects you 100% from projectiles. Honestly, what are you doing going up against lvl 300 enemies, anyway? I don't see how that is fun at all.

Also, don't be surprised that people stop taking you seriously after you put down all counter-arguments with cheap comebacks and warrants to stick soap in your mouth.

Edited by R34LM

You clearly have no idea what I'm talking about since the volt nerf came in the early updates of U16..

I want to say it happened in 16.3.  I used to run raids with Volt Prime and he stopped insta-killing vay hek around that time.  They fixed some multishot bug, but he went from killing hek in a second to hitting like a wet noodle.  I haven't used volt since that change.