Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Video With The Chinese Exclusive Weapons

f0nty

General clarity based on some questions popping up/what's up:

The item shown in that video is coming to the Global Build - the 'exclusive' label is for a limited time for promotional/launch reasons on the Chinese Warframe.

So the Chinese players are going to get screwed if they dont come in at launch?

That's messed up. You should just make it permanent for them and limited for the rest of the world if you feel the need to include them.

Have you ever heard of "Statistics" if not then why bother me with your useless comment ? Statistics show all who and what they use ! I speak in general ! But not by my own gameplay or weapon of chice !

It's not me who we discuss here ! A bright man would understand that the very first second !

Please learn how to speak/write in english. It will help get your message across and will actually result in people taking you seriously.

this might not be related to the topic but I will post this and see how it goes.

The Nunchukus are not a chinese weapon. It originated from Okinawa, Japan. I might be wrong but i believe DE watched too much Bruce Lee movies of him wielding these which is why they think it is a good idea to include them into the game. If they want, I would suggest researching the "THREE SECTIONED STAFF"

This weapon is chinese in origin and is much more effective in combat as it is longer and for animation sequence, one can simply watch Fearless (starring Jet Li, refer to attached video@1:31). This particular scene depicts the actions and stance which can be used. Furthermore this scene shows it being used against a katana (which is the base of the Skana and Nikana)

Being chinese myself, I would say there are loads of weapons to choose from but most of them have equivalent, almost similar ones in game already ie swords, sabers. What might be needed will be a completely new animation sequence as different weapons have different action/stance due to their different uses. The chinese martial art uses its swords differently to the Japanese katana and the saber is definately different from the european ones.

Lastly, as this game is much more themed towards the Japanese Ninja, It will be difficult to incorporate weapons which are not used by the ninja as i believe chinese assassins utilize knives, swords and kunai type weapons all usually laced with poison. All other chinese weapons are too big and bulky to carry along for quick and fast movement ie no one is going to carry a Spear or Saber when assassinating someone.

Just my 2p worth :)

Edited by ecwp1981

General clarity based on some questions popping up/what's up:

The item shown in that video is coming to the Global Build - the 'exclusive' label is for a limited time for promotional/launch reasons on the Chinese Warframe.

Locking thread with official response ^