Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Video With The Chinese Exclusive Weapons

f0nty

What makes you so certain these are "new projects"? What makes you so certain that it's so simplistic? What makes you think third-place in a contest should take priority over everything else planned befoe then?

I mean, really, again, as I said:

1. It technically needs charge mechanics in game. They are not in game. That's a huge stopping point all by itself.

2. The images look NOTHING like a kusarigama, it only vaguely resembles one, and even making something like that work properly is a task in and of itself.

3. It has a bunch of extra functions(scissors, sword, whip, and grappling hook) ON TOP of the kusarigama function, so a proper battle stance would have to use some combinations of all of these in it. Again, that is not like anything else that exists, as much as you want to pretend it is.

4. The other weapons that came before it, EVEN IF THEY WERE STARTED AFTERWARDS, have either one function, or in the case of the gunblade, 2, but it's not particularly difficult to imagine how you'd use something that merely points to deal damage. In the case of "you hit people with it" simplicity of the others, there's no explanation needed at all.

5. A year and a half for something that requires code the game doesn't have and fighting styles that don't exist, is more than reasonable even if they didn't have a ton of other things to do, even with something far less complex than this.

6.They don't actually have any obligation to complete this, ever. They want to make it, but they don't have to make it, and it's kind of lame for you to pretend otherwise. It didn't even win the competition it was in. So your obsession is completely unwarranted.

So again, it will be done when it's done, and they've decided they want to do it, so it will be here eventually. Whining about "WHY NOT YET!" is entirely uncalled for, and makes you a bad person. So stop.

I'm not whining about "why not yet" I'm questioning why in the time it took them just to make a render they made

this 

this 

and now the new nunchauks 

now lets just ignore the coding and the animations of mios, and address why is it that in the time it took them to make the model they were able to bang out 3 other renders, animations for the renders and mechanics and coding for said renders

talking about charge attacks, don't know abotu you but I'm pretty sure glaive and redeemer have charge attacks

I can go on addressing some of your counter arguments, and I will admit you do have points on others but at the root of this whole issue there is the single solitary problem that is that DE is ignoring an older project for another

seriously how the hell do you explain that it took them a year just to make a render?! yet in a handful of months they made renders and animations of venka, redeemer and these new nunchucks? 

DE is failing to complete projects and tasks before moving on to new ones, this issue honestly isn't just with mios and these other weapons but in other things, why is it that instead of finishing an old boss rework they started on 3 more? why is it that instead of completing say the puncture glaive that they showed a render off they released 2 weapons out of no where that were never discussed? 

I'm not complaining about not getting certain content now I'm expressing my concern and criticizing the lack of organization and ability to prioritize based on chronological projects. Am I truly a bad person for asking whats up with them not completing one thing before they start and finish another?

again I don't want it now and I don't want it rushed, I do however want an explanation as to why they are putting more stuff on their plate when they haven't even finished whats already on it?

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Swearing

They just dont get it do they DE about the Chinese market.

The last thing the Chinese want is Chinese weapons based on Chinese culture.

China is not an Open Society, its a Closed system.

They have had Chinese culture, or Communist ideology, imposed upon them since the end of WW2. 

The Chinese want to buy WHATS NOT CHINESE, eg BMW's, Rolls Royces, McDonalds etc etc etc etc

They are bored stiff with Chinese culture. 

They dont want Chinese weapons, WE DO !

They want weapons from any culture EXCEPT CHINA.

Its the problem caused by game makers not understanding the mindset of their consumers.

Edited by (PS4)thehoocodfather

I'm not so &!$$ed about China getting nunchucks before everyone else. No I'm &!$$ed that DE made ANOTHER new weapon type with unique animations grips etc. before @(*()$ finishing that one weapon that is still way overdue (mios) these nunchucks are like what the 3rd new melee type that has not been added and was not part of the contest?! Claws gunblade and now nunchucks, and they tell us they don't have enough time for the weapon that is a year and a half over due

Well, these look nothing like my contest submission, and yes, nunchucks were somewhat popular, my bladed ones as well as some "just put any nunchucks into the game" entries.

I'm glad we're getting them, bladed or not. I will surely have fun with my all electric low DPS nunchucks :3

They just dont get it do they DE about the Chinese market.

The last thing the Chinese want is Chinese weapons based on Chinese culture.

China is not an Open Society, its a Closed system.

They have had Chinese culture, or Communist ideology, imposed upon them since the end of WW2. 

The Chinese want to buy WHATS NOT CHINESE, eg BMW's, Rolls Royces, McDonalds etc etc etc etc

Its the problem caused by game makers not understanding the mindset of their consumers.

Oh yes.

But it's not the game publishers fault either. They need to appease to the Chinese Government's censorship, they don't want things that would give their people strange ideologies and different perspectives and outlook on things in life~

It's actually one of the biggest reasons why movies, games, and other type of shows and things come out kinda crappy due to them needing to dumb it down to meet censorship standards~ 

And you are absolutely right. They get so much of themselves and hear so much about their culture that they are just really sick of themselves and want out~ o -o

Like they all know the truth~ They know they are being blocked out and lied to~

Which is why a game like Warframe is perfect for them! ;D

I can't hear anything, the music is too LOUD

What kind of music are you listening to? ;D

Oh yes.

But it's not the game publishers fault either. They need to appease to the Chinese Government's censorship, they don't want things that would give their people strange ideologies and different perspectives and outlook on things in life~

It's actually one of the biggest reasons why movies, games, and other type of shows and things come out kinda crappy due to them needing to dumb it down to meet censorship standards~ 

And you are absolutely right. They get so much of themselves and hear so much about their culture that they are just really sick of themselves and want out~ o -o

Like they all know the truth~ They know they are being blocked out and lied to~

Which is why a game like Warframe is perfect for them! ;D

What kind of music are you listening to? ;D

Just give us the chinese weapons, they can have the space ninja ones.

That will keep them happy. 

Good thing for them that Nunchuks are of Japanese origin then.

Good thing for them that Nunchuks are of Japanese origin then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunchaku

The origin of the word nunchaku (ヌンチャク) is not known. One theory indicates it was derived from pronunciation of the Chinese characters 兩節棍 (a type of traditional Chinese two section staff) in a Southern Fujian dialect of Chinese language (兩節棍 nng-chat-kun, pair(of)-linked-sticks).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunchaku

The origin of the word nunchaku (ヌンチャク) is not known. One theory indicates it was derived from pronunciation of the Chinese characters 兩節棍 (a type of traditional Chinese two section staff) in a Southern Fujian dialect of Chinese language (兩節棍 nng-chat-kun, pair(of)-linked-sticks).

That may be true but they are much more commonly depicted being used by Japanese characters and like it says right there, that's one possible theory for the origin of the word.

The origin of the weapon itself is repurposed rice threshing tools commonly used throughout all of Southeast asia.

1 weapon more, 1 weapon less, still best weapon of choice for DPS will be Dakra Prime and Scindo Prime !

Both weapons... Never use, hate them both, and see nothing of any use to either one. Heck the gram, and Halikar are by far the two best melee weapons in my opinion along side Dragon Nikana. Due to speed/power, and utility being involved. Where as Dakra Prime is literally Trinity's little brother in the "absolutely makes no sense department", and Scindo Prime is too slow compared to its other heavy buster brethren.

Infact gram was a SUPERIOR choice to the Galatine in the Giant swords only tactical mission as it allowed you to move faster, and take down enemies much MUCH more quicker. Staying still for too long got you murdered, but using a big sword that kept you on the move while controlling the outcome with abilities helped keep the flow, and keep people with abilities that required you to move in close moving, and alive.

Halikar finally got its much desired update of being able to disarm...

Alot of weapons that are not big boom boom damage wise have all been useful in their own scenarios creating ideal control over the battle situation. Sure you can bring the Vaykor because it has amazing damage, but its slow speed makes it hard to control groups of enemies. Therefore weapons with far greater speed would do better like the Gammacor even though it got nerfed pretty badly. Don't assume something like nun-chucks would be useless. Players like myself who desire fast combat, and control may find great use in nun-chucks if they are a fast in combat. If they have any special, or unique defensive utilities in combat like quick blocking mid-combo, or even quick parry mid combo which would be amazing. However I doubt that as Halikar is the first, and last melee weapon of its kind to have an awesome utility that makes melee weapons worth while.

Both weapons... Never use, hate them both, and see nothing of any use to either one. Heck the gram, and Halikar are by far the two best melee weapons in my opinion along side Dragon Nikana. Due to speed/power, and utility being involved. Where as Dakra Prime is literally Trinity's little brother in the "absolutely makes no sense department", and Scindo Prime is too slow compared to its other heavy buster brethren.

Infact gram was a SUPERIOR choice to the Galatine in the Giant swords only tactical mission as it allowed you to move faster, and take down enemies much MUCH more quicker. Staying still for too long got you murdered, but using a big sword that kept you on the move while controlling the outcome with abilities helped keep the flow, and keep people with abilities that required you to move in close moving, and alive.

Halikar finally got its much desired update of being able to disarm...

Alot of weapons that are not big boom boom damage wise have all been useful in their own scenarios creating ideal control over the battle situation. Sure you can bring the Vaykor because it has amazing damage, but its slow speed makes it hard to control groups of enemies. Therefore weapons with far greater speed would do better like the Gammacor even though it got nerfed pretty badly. Don't assume something like nun-chucks would be useless. Players like myself who desire fast combat, and control may find great use in nun-chucks if they are a fast in combat. If they have any special, or unique defensive utilities in combat like quick blocking mid-combo, or even quick parry mid combo which would be amazing. However I doubt that as Halikar is the first, and last melee weapon of its kind to have an awesome utility that makes melee weapons worth while.

So many things wrong with this post, I'm not even gonna bother pointing them all out.

Just be happy we get some new weapons, it will happen eventually, give it a rest.