Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Video With The Chinese Exclusive Weapons

f0nty

While people are getting all twisted up about something as trivial as skins for a foreign version of the game (that is being marketed to [whoa!] a foreign audience so it'll look different than the version we'll get), I'm over here wondering why we can't jump on Chroma's Effigy and surfboard it while an Ancient/Scorpion pulls it.

General clarity based on some questions popping up/what's up:

The item shown in that video is coming to the Global Build - the 'exclusive' label is for a limited time for promotional/launch reasons on the Chinese Warframe.

so... you're going to technically lie to Chinese players? Nevermind. By means of limited time, we get limited time offer as well.

oh, well... Nunchaku, my plat is ready.

Edited by faustias

General clarity based on some questions popping up/what's up:

The item shown in that video is coming to the Global Build - the 'exclusive' label is for a limited time for promotional/launch reasons on the Chinese Warframe.

Ok that cleared it up.

Thanks.

Now is that the CHinese version of the Warframe game... or is China getting an exclusive actual warframe character?

so... you're going to technically lie to Chinese players? Nevermind. By means of limited time, we get limited time offer as well.

oh, well... Nunchaku, my plat is ready.

No. Their Nunchaku is signed by Bruce Lee and manualy reviewed and handpicked by the Shaolin monks. Our Nunchaku is signed by DE. Lol.

Not just Nunchaku, give me all that thousands plus of Chinese weapons... and the rapier, lance and spear too. Btw, where is my Mio?

Why do you ever bother about 1 extra rubbish weapon that will be released for china ? who cares, let them have it... moove on ! You are like a bunch of kids from who big daddy stolen the lolly pop... We got tons of useless weapons, and this one will be a useless weapon as well, that no one will ever use ! Its just for marketing purpose ! and nothin else ! 1 weapon more, 1 weapon less, still best weapon of choice for DPS will be Dakra Prime and Scindo Prime !

Trashtalking content that isn't even released yet?

Be ashamed. 

does this mean when warframe launches in USA it will get american themed timed exclusive weapons ? tomahawk and m1 garand wraith vandal rifle 

does this mean when warframe launches in japan it will get japanese themed timed exclusive weapons ? kusarigama and dual tantos 

does this mean when warframe launches in europe it will get etc etc 

oh....

Claws gunblade and now nunchucks, and they tell us they don't have enough time for the weapon that is a year and a half over due

They didn't say they didn't have time, they said the animation was proving incredibly difficult. They have more than one animator, I'm assuming one or two work on each weapon so one team is cranking out relatively simple weapons while another is stuck on the biting sword with wip hook.

I can understand the difficulty, it's not like there is a lot of reference to work off of with a weapon like Mios.

- Snip -

Ahh so it has less to do with fun or cool or anything like that and more to do with the fact that there are so many options and you feel like you are being left behind. Why didn't you say this in the first place? Could have saved a lot of confusion to understand your opinion which is more or less based on your current situation. Good thing though that Lotus already gave her blessing so there is no need to continue this discussion any further.

They didn't say they didn't have time, they said the animation was proving incredibly difficult. They have more than one animator, I'm assuming one or two work on each weapon so one team is cranking out relatively simple weapons while another is stuck on the biting sword with wip hook.

I can understand the difficulty, it's not like there is a lot of reference to work off of with a weapon like Mios.

if the weapon designer red skittlez is to be believed when he said he PM'd one of the animators giving them a video as reference, and also what kind of weapon its like, then Mios is a kusurigama a weapon that does exist

also the question remains, why is it that instead of taking that time to animate mios why have they released 3 new weapons that needed substantial time and work to animation since the community contest? weapons that were not contest winners, I have no problem with us getting claws, gunblades and nunchucks, I have an issue with them prioritizing those over something that has been on their back burner for over a year

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Edited out hidden quote

does this mean when warframe launches in USA it will get american themed timed exclusive weapons ? tomahawk and m1 garand wraith vandal rifle

does this mean when warframe launches in japan it will get japanese themed timed exclusive weapons ? kusarigama and dual tantos

does this mean when warframe launches in europe it will get etc etc

oh....

...maybe, if they have something similar to the "Great Wall of China"!

Take that, and that... and that. Lol.

why is it that instead of taking that time to animate mios why have they released 3 new weapons that needed substantial time and work to animation since the community contest? 

If the weapon uses an existing grip it's super easy. The Mios needs a whole new grip, on top of having multiple functions.

Still don't know why players have such a concern of what other players might or might not have.

Serious question, why do you care if someone gets an exclusive weapon and you don't?

It's not the case here, but imagine that it is.