Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Here

(XBOX)GOAT Spartan

Question

why is it that when i have my match making setting(if war frame is even deserves that word, as in its match making is not what I'm used), why is it that randoms can still join my missions? I've checked my friends list and the people that somehow still manage to get into my solo missions are not on my friends list. 

and another thing: how in the world does the matchmaking work in war frame?? a friend of mine says that the system sends an invite out to people the region that you are trying to play in. is that true? cause if thats how the system works, then that is the dumbest match making system i have ever seen. 

can some people shed some light on these questions please? thanks

7 answers to this question

I don't know about the Xbone, but for PC if your game is set to public and you select a mission node either you join another public game in progress or it starts a public game and others that click that node while you are in mission will end up joining yours. If you are set to friends only people on your friends list or clan (I believe) can join in to your missions. Invite only is what it says, and solo is what it says.

why is it that when i have my match making setting(if war frame is even deserves that word, as in its match making is not what I'm used), why is it that randoms can still join my missions? I've checked my friends list and the people that somehow still manage to get into my solo missions are not on my friends list.

There's an option window. "Public", "Invite only", "Friends only", and "Solo". If random people keep joining, then you set your game to "Public" and you got what you deserved. Or the game is bugged, in which case I invite you to take some screenshot, post them and send a support ticket.

how in the world does the matchmaking work in war frame?? a friend of mine says that the system sends an invite out to people the region that you are trying to play in. is that true? cause if thats how the system works, then that is the dumbest match making system i have ever seen.

How it works is a bit of a mystery, but it certainly doesn't send invites to anyone. It actually invites no one.

To the best of my reckoning, starting a game session with some open places marks you as a potential host. People who click on the same node where you are playing go through the list of potential hosts and select one. So they join.

There is a difference between "inviting everyone" and "letting every interested player join". WF does the latter.

How it works is a bit of a mystery, but it certainly doesn't send invites to anyone. It actually invites no one.

To the best of my reckoning, starting a game session with some open places marks you as a potential host. People who click on the same node where you are playing go through the list of potential hosts and select one. So they join.

There is a difference between "inviting everyone" and "letting every interested player join". WF does the latter.

When you select a node to play and hit "Accept," Warframe looks for two things: 1) a squad with an open slot that is already in-mission and 2) other players selecting that node. If the first is already there, then you will be plunked down in that squad. If there are no open squads, then the game looks for other players queueing up for that mission. If there are waiting players, then it connects you to them and forms a squad. At that point, you have become a squad with an open slot, and the process repeats from step 1.

I don't know about the rest of the PC players responding to your question; but I have no idea if the Xbox matchmaking works the same way as PC. That said, the above information is how it works on PC. FYI.

I don't know about the rest of the PC players responding to your question; but I have no idea if the Xbox matchmaking works the same way as PC. That said, the above information is how it works on PC. FYI.

Hot damn, I didnt even realize he was XB1.

It should be the same process for XB1 and PS4, but instead of connecting to peers players would connect to a server. However, this is just an assumption.

Basically, to my knowledge, it's basically like any other matchmaking process:

You select a node. If there are no open squads to join, you get the option to "start mission." Upon selecting this, you create an open node for matchmaking. This then basically becomes the "lobby" if you will like in other games. Even if you start and get part way through, it is still open for others that would wish to join. Now NAT /region/connection most likely tie into that as well, but those are uncontrollable variables for the most part. 

As for an open/closed game. If you open the nab, then hit "Y" it will bring up a drop down in the top left. Select Solo, and you will not get the "searching for squad" prompt, it will go straight to "start mission." Then nobody can join, regardless, be it friends or even people you personally invite.