Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

DE straight up ignored or abandonned a lot of previously top-teir weapons after the onset of Damage 2.0. How long did it take for acrid to get a buff? Even after they buffed it it was still nowhere close to its old self. 

But anyway, I'm all in favor of buffing the Supra. All of the "Machine gun" weapons feel underwhelming, but Supra just makes me want to slam my palm into my face so hard that a new universe is formed when the cavitation bubble collapses. 

A lot of threads don't get responded to by DE. Get used to it.

Second off: the supra needs a buff, but so do a lot of other weapons. The supra isn't even on the lower end of weapons.

Not on the lower end of weapons? The damage is inferior when compared to the lower tiers man D:

Okay I joined after DE implemented Damage 2.0, which killed the Supra big time. But I still got it. Why? Because I love the mechanics on this Corpus LMG.

1. Imma fan of LMGs

2. Actual recoil instead of no-recoil OP weapons like the Soma or Boltor Primes (yes I love shooter games and WF has too many guns with no recoil it's just weird that you fire a gun in WF, insert camera shake, and say hello to RECOIL Tennos!)

3. Long reload times go well with it being an LMG

4. Projectile speed! Requires skill to use. Not everyone's gonna be able to get the most out of this weapon.

I don't mind the high recoil and long reload, I mean, I suppose many have heard about recoil compensation? But that damage... That DAMAGE is too low! I have to waste away one full 90 bullets clip to chew away 80% of a level 30 Corrupted Heavy Gunner's health, whereas a fully crit built, raw damage, Soma Prime takes just 10 to 20 bullets to take em down. How does this tie with all the materials and time required to craft this?

Please DE, buff this weapon. Not asking for a Supra Prime / Vandal / Wraith / Prisma (oh hell no Prisma colours are UGLY! ><), just buff up the damage.

From a fellow Tenno who holds tight to his Supra : (

Some suggestion are:

1).  damage changed to 70 Radiation at base. SInce it's designed as a spray and pray weapon, the Supra needs to be able to cut down swarms of enemies with ease. 70 base Radiation would make it more unique for a primary (the only other primary capable of dealing innate radiation damage is the Mutalist Quanta). If nothing else is changed, this puts the DPS on par with the Soma Prime and Boltor Prime and makes its DPS "end-game viable". 

However, some QOL/Utility changes would be nice too, such as: 

2). spool-up speed increased by 30% - cuts the need for a fire rate mod and lets you swap out shred for Metal Auger or a damage mod.

3). reload time reduced to 3.0 seconds at the minimum. 4.2 second  -long reload time is hideous, and the Soma and Gorgon variant have a base reload time of 3.0 seconds. Therefore, the Supra should be on par with them at the minimum. A 3.0 second reload time at base is on par with a R7 primed fast hands Supra. Thus, the need for a reload mod is greatly reduced. A maxed Primed Fast Hands will reduce reload time to a respectable 2 seconds, if desired.

4). Up the reserve ammo to 840. QOL change, really.Make it on par with the Prisma Gorgon in this regard. 

5). mag capacity increased to 120 at minimum. Prisma Gorgon has a max of 120, Soma Prime has a mag of 200. Supra should at least be on par with these weapons for mag capacity. 

6). Accuracy increased to 10.0 (or buffed by 20%. A bit more accurate, but not giving up its unique nature as a spray and pray weapon)

7). Projectile Speed increased to 60 m/s (not quite on par with the Boltor/Bows [70 for Boltor and uncharged bow/85 when bows are charged], but still a lot better than what it currently is).

Granted, it's still not going to be super accurate or have hit-scan like bullets (it's slightly slower than the Akbolto, which have a speed of 65 m/s), but it'll be much more usable in most cases.  

The problems with LMG's in this game come from the poor ammo system.

What we need is ammo 2.0, where pickups restore a % of ammo capacity based on firerate and other stats. This would allow weapons like the supra to shine. If you could actually open up with this weapon, it would have a pretty awesome dps. 

Some suggestion are:

1).  damage changed to 70 Radiation at base. SInce it's designed as a spray and pray weapon, the Supra needs to be able to cut down swarms of enemies with ease. 70 base Radiation would make it more unique for a primary (the only other primary capable of dealing innate radiation damage is the Mutalist Quanta). If nothing else is changed, this puts the DPS on par with the Soma Prime and Boltor Prime and makes its DPS "end-game viable". 

However, some QOL/Utility changes would be nice too, such as: 

2). spool-up speed increased by 30% - cuts the need for a fire rate mod and lets you swap out shred for Metal Auger or a damage mod.

3). reload time reduced to 3.0 seconds at the minimum. 4.2 second  -long reload time is hideous, and the Soma and Gorgon variant have a base reload time of 3.0 seconds. Therefore, the Supra should be on par with them at the minimum. A 3.0 second reload time at base is on par with a R7 primed fast hands Supra. Thus, the need for a reload mod is greatly reduced. A maxed Primed Fast Hands will reduce reload time to a respectable 2 seconds, if desired.

4). Up the reserve ammo to 840. QOL change, really.Make it on par with the Prisma Gorgon in this regard. 

5). mag capacity increased to 120 at minimum. Prisma Gorgon has a max of 120, Soma Prime has a mag of 200. Supra should at least be on par with these weapons for mag capacity. 

6). Accuracy increased to 10.0 (or buffed by 20%. A bit more accurate, but not giving up its unique nature as a spray and pray weapon)

7). Projectile Speed increased to 60 m/s (not quite on par with the Boltor/Bows [70 for Boltor and uncharged bow/85 when bows are charged], but still a lot better than what it currently is).

Granted, it's still not going to be super accurate or have hit-scan like bullets (it's slightly slower than the Akbolto, which have a speed of 65 m/s), but it'll be much more usable in most cases.  

Most of these I can agree with.

However, with regards to number 1:

Are you crazy? 70 damage is absurd for any rifle type weapon, much less a fast-firing LMG type weapon. 45, maybe 50 damage is the absolute most the supra should have. (I do like the radiation damage though)

I think it should have infinite ammo (overheat meter instead of reload), built in Radiation damage, and all of it's base damage should be even (choice of damage type to focus on). Furthermore, its accuracy should be 100, since when do energy weapons have recoil? Laser accurate until you add a certain Corrupt Mod...

Supra BUFF, just saying, buff the damage. And if ain't anything got buff, then it should be available for MR3 for 1 Fieldron and no forma should be needed =+="

Nah, if it's gonna be like that, then you may as well cut the gun into 7 pieces and take only one of the tubes it has. That would be a really f**king sh**ty thing to do to the weapon.

It should have innate multishot, firing 3 bolts at once, at 20 damage per shot, totaling 60 damage. This would make it the area denial weapon of choice for large corridors.

Edited by Vaskadar