Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hud Mockup Hurr + Inc. Impractical Ar Hud

Tangerine

This is @(*()$ NUUUTTTSSSSSSSS. Also, PLEASE make it scale. My number one problem with the current HUD (other than being overly simplistic and having no depth) is that it doesn't scale with higher resolutions so you can't see jack.

This is @(*()$ NUUUTTTSSSSSSSS. Also, PLEASE make it scale. My number one problem with the current HUD (other than being overly simplistic and having no depth) is that it doesn't scale with higher resolutions so you can't see jack.

Or at least give us some means to customize UI via addons like in some popular mmorpg out there? :)

WHY has DE not taken notice of this yet? If they were anywhere near as involved in the community as they say they are, one of them would have already said something, whether here or in a livestream.

*Glares at DE*

Two devs have posted in this thread and I got a message from Grineer saying he liked it. They have said a UI update is coming, I just made the mockup for fun and to add in little ideas (i.e. scrolling pckup and radial item select)

while its nice, its also good to have it centered around your reticle... because most of your attention is on that reticle anyway. it helps so that your eyes arent jumping everywhere. infos like ammos/mag clip. health/energy/shield. might be hard to do this, but you can make it transparent, and make it nearly invisible when zoomed in/right mouse button held down.

WHY has DE not taken notice of this yet? If they were anywhere near as involved in the community as they say they are, one of them would have already said something, whether here or in a livestream.

*Glares at DE*

Why don't you look through the thread. No, not just this page. Actually look. I'm sure it couldn't possibly be that hard, there are only 7 pages.

*Glares at CrazyCanadian24*

3iY62.jpg

3iY7M.jpg

3iY9f.jpg

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I really like some aspects of this, the Q bar is nicer and the scrolling pick up list is awesome. The EXACT distance to the objective is awesome, I suggested that in a previous livestream thread.

The health/shield/energy HUDs, I think I prefer the ones in game.
As for the rest, I think it takes up too much space, in general. I understand that it won't be on the screen all the time, but still..., it feels crowded.

Excellent work though, can't complain about anything there being half-assed.

Trying to bump this back to the top, we need DE to take a good, hard look at these.

They might look cluttered but if all of these elements were configurable, then we could turn them on and off as we liked. Let the player decide how much info they have when they play. Someone playing a Trinity would likely want more info on their squad than a Loki or Excalibur simply by virtue of using the the 'healer' frame.

Trying to bump this back to the top, we need DE to take a good, hard look at these.

They might look cluttered but if all of these elements were configurable, then we could turn them on and off as we liked. Let the player decide how much info they have when they play. Someone playing a Trinity would likely want more info on their squad than a Loki or Excalibur simply by virtue of using the the 'healer' frame.

Yep, we could really use some more customization options, the addition of modding support could do wonders in this case, even if limited to hud elements.

I know some people would be quite happy with the option of 2nd chat windows for example. The "Q" menu would be much more useful if it functioned as "quick chat" works in consoles, just press the button, move the mouse in one specific direction & release to select.

The "Q" menu would be much more useful if it functioned as "quick chat" works in consoles, just press the button, move the mouse in one specific direction & release to select.

Correction, Battlefield 2 did that well before console quick chat, but I digress. Everything you've mentioned would work wondrously.

It's a very nice design, but i think Lotus should pop on your screen only when she has to say something. Another great idea is the one with centered HUD. I really like it and I hope they could implement it with the upcoming GU9 even if they don't change the HUD's style.