The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

How is this bad? Now we dont need to be lonely on Phobos and other normal missions.

It's not that they're condensing the star-chart, it's that they take away the choice of picking your missions.

I wouldn't care if it was limited to picking the planet, mission type, maybe faction, and rank range, but making RNG determine which missions, tilesets, and drops are provided on a daily basis just screams NOPE to me. It's a reflection of the existing problem:

instead of having a guaranteed attempt to have the chance to get what we want, it's going to be a chance to get the attempt to guarantee what we want.

Essentially this means instead of an 'Active Grind', in which you play a mission over and over hoping to finally obtain what you're after, you'd have 'Time Grind' in which RNG would have to line up with your wants for the day to get what you want.

I like playing on Jupiter, where Infestation shows up quite a bit and where I can battle the Corpus on their gas platforms, I don't want to play 'tileset/mission roulette' and hope I get the Jupiter Tileset with a mission type I want to play at the moment. There's no reason for me not to be able to choose such a simple thing as 'Play on Planet X, on Mission Type Y, on Difficulty B'.

Also, arguably, this system has one huge, glaring flaw; everything is going to be too overwhelming for the system.

There's too much in Warframe to make it all dependent on a small group of twenty missions that cycle over their content. What I like about the system now is I can specifically set a goal and go for it; with this new system, it throws order out the window and I suddenly have to just cross my fingers and hope that the resources I need are in the drop tables next cycle.

Edited by Krion112

Isn't that like 1 node per planet ?

Slightly more than that. AFAIK we have about 14 planets.

But I have to agree in regards to the concerns people shared. Especially I don't like that "bosses will come in and out of the star chart" which in practice means waiting game for anyone who wants to have specifically %frame name%

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this change to be honest. 

On one hand, no more ghost towns, yay. 

On the other hand, I won't be able to just drop into whatever mission I want & get whatever resources I need. I'll have to wait for the specific type of mission with the correct rewards to cycle in THEN I will have to hope I get enough of the resources before the reward cycles to something else. It seems that more things are becoming RNG on top of RNG & it will really effect the people who can't play all the time. If you happen to play on a day where the available nodes have the rewards you don't need? Oh well. On top of that, I can't choose which game mode I want to play when want.

These aren't all of my concerns, but I like the idea & don't like the idea at the same time. As you can see, I lean a little bit more towards "don't like." I'll just wait & see when it comes to make a final decision. 

Edited by Rexlars

New Starchart

• Hoping to appear in U17

• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes

• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time

• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping

There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

This is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. WHY would you want to limit players' choice to such an extent? I would understand reducing the number of nodes so that each planet has only one mission type so there wouldn't be multiple instances of the same missions on one planet. Since all planets will most likely get different and unique looks eventually this would make sense and it wouldn't isolate so many players trying to clear the star chart.

Randomly dropping into a random mission on a random planet should be a feature for those who just wish to have a random challenge and not a mandatory dice roll for those who wish to play a defence mission on Jupiter or a mobile defense on Kappa.

I know it's too early to start complaining since we know so little but I want to throw it out there for DE to see - limiting player choice so much is not going to work well in your favour.

• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

Like u said... its too early to start complaining but that bulletpoint scares the **** out of me! I do not believe that specific change is a good idea at all!

Edited by Bazools

Well I honestly like the current system.

At the beginning you can unlock nodes and explore the solar system. Sure this feeling of novelty goes away rather soon but it sure is nice while it lasts.

Then we have a problem of choice. Right now I can stop and think about what node I want to play. Sure for someone MR10+ the difference between 12-14 and 15-20 missions is just not there but when you begin your way up (unless you are a wallet warrior) said little difference in levels means life and death. And even then I might want to play 22-24 instead of 25-27 node (on the same planet mind you) because I feel lazy or want to level something but I like the tileset.

And even if they let us set up all the parameters ourselves it still would be like getting "build your own dinner" instead of a menu in a restraunt. Kinda nice but not the same as getting a pre-made dish.

so they'll be standardized alert missions. what's the problem with that?

as long as the rewards are similar to compensate, I don't see any problem with this.

So you don't see a problem in game dropping you into a capture mission when you want to do a survival mission? (just an example) With terrible luck you might never be able to play a defense mission just becuase RNG decides so.

I understand that this may be something that may somewhat promote adaptability in different/random missions thrown at the players or have them play a variety of different missions instead of one or two types all the time. But I think that this may be abit TOO drastic for a change. Hopefully there is some kind of compensation in gameplay for this new change.

Some of us play the game for specific nodes only and don't want to play the other ones due to lack of interest. I don't want to be forced into ways I avoid playing just since they worked hard on it and really really really really want you to use it, not by choice.

Before this is implemented, this better be elaborated on.

So you don't see a problem in game dropping you into a capture mission when you want to do a survival mission? (just an example) With terrible luck you might never be able to play a defense mission just becuase RNG decides so.

no, not really.

while it's certainly possible that a mission type will never drop, it's, statistically, impossible.

There are 11 PvE mission types, not counting specific 'alternates' (Crossfire/Exterminate, Excavation/Survival), as well as Assassination missions. if there are 20 nodes open at a given time, it's more likely to have at least one mission of every type (with excavation and crossfire showing up depending on the planet) with a few duplicate missions as well. and that's not even considering if they remove access to individual planets entirely.