Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tempo Royale Will Be Temporarily Removed From Pvp In 16.5

[DE]joebuck

Thank you for all the feedback provided since the release of PvP 2.0. It's been invaluable and a direct influence to the changes that have occurred since.

I want to outline the things that can change, will change and will not change between PvE and PvP.

Melee weapons and stances

- Attack speed, types and stance combos will not change.

- We have tried global changes like removing damage bonuses from slide melee attacks and no headshot multiplier in an attempt to work around it, but it's clear we have to balance damage of each attack type for each weapon and their stances. Tempo Royale being the main offender, not only does the first attack in the stance hit twice in about the same speed as every other swing, it also replaces the quick melee attack with it! So, we're pulling it temporarily and will be our first stance we go through and attempt to balance each attack and combo for use in PvP. I'm excited that we're going this route, it allows for so much more flexibility in differentiating the weapons and giving each type their own strengths and weaknesses.

Primary/Secondary Weapons

- Recoil, fire rate, mag capacity, fall off distance, projectile speed, spin up/down speed will not change. Parity of how a weapon performs will be kept the same between PvE and PvP.

- Damage can and will change. As stated during Devstream #49, the initial dps/ttk of the available weapons was homogeneous and we've been adjusting them up/down since in an attempt to give each weapon unique strengths/weaknesses to fit play style preferences and combat situations. With plenty of mistakes along the way (Lex, Cestras, oops!).

Warframes and their abilities

- Rank 0 health, shield, armour, movement speed, stamina and ability energy cost values will not change.

- Abilities, we have some flexibility. If all that's needed is a damage adjustment, great. Others require a total rework while keeping the spirit of the ability intact.

I haven't addressed feedback on game modes but I've tried to read it all. Things can and will change.

Can't wait for 16.5 release, Annihilation and Team Annihilation is a total blast. See you in the Conclave Tenno!

Thanks a lot for all your efforts on this!

I've played Dark Sectors for a while last year, and all the cheap tactics that were used there turned me away completely from PvP. I was sceptical at first when you guys announced the Conclave overhaul, but it's shaping up great so far (minor hiccups notwithstanding). Keep up the good work. =)

Primary/Secondary Weapons

- Recoil, fire rate, mag capacity, fall off distance, projectile speed, spin up/down speed will not change. Parity of how a weapon performs will be kept the same between PvE and PvP.

Thank you very much for confirmation on this, being able to use the Simulacrum to test some weapon aspects and knowing they won't change between modes will simplify things a lot for me.

Warframes and their abilities

- Rank 0 health, shield, armour, movement speed, stamina and ability energy cost values will not change.

And thanks for letting us know this, as well. Although I hoped that Prime Warframes wouldn't get to keep their enhanced stats. We high-level players already have a lot of little advantages in the form of utility mods that are certainly adding up to give us an edge.

Can I ask you one question, though? Is it possible to include the IPS-values in a future iteration of the UI as well? They do have a noticable impact on weapon selection and gameplay. And reverse-engineering these numbers is cumbersome, error-prone and takes a lot of time.

Can't wait for 16.5 as well. :)

P.S. Forgot to mention: I think it's great that you'll be looking at all the melee weapons and stances individually, even if it means having to temporarily remove some of them from the game.

Edited by Kontrollo

alrighty. i like the sound of that.

however, no offense, but there's a huge mistake you guys have still been missing. AkLato is extremely Overpowered. it's untouchable for Secondaries. it's as effective as a Primary, while all other Secondaries do not share this trait.

especially if you compare to Magnus Series... AkLato has a larger Magazine size, faster RoF, shorter Reload Time, and more Damage.

AkLato is very out of place in PvP.

Thank you

[...]

- We have tried global changes like removing damage bonuses from slide melee attacks and no headshot multiplier in an attempt to work around it,

[...]

- Damage can and will change. As stated during Devstream #49, the initial dps/ttk of the available weapons was homogeneous and we've been adjusting them up/down since in an attempt to give each weapon unique strengths/weaknesses to fit play style preferences and combat situations.

[...]

- Abilities, we have some flexibility. If all that's needed is a damage adjustment, great. Others require a total rework while keeping the spirit of the ability intact.

[...]

I would think along the lines of using global modifiers in terms of another resource. Such as a pvp-shield that will react differently to double-hits, due to inertia. In the same way weapons and abilities can be handicapped, backed up by the fictional aspect that a weapon isn't quite so easily to bring to bear against an honourable opponent, and that one-shot-kill abilities just do not work on Tenno, since they refuse to be killed this way.

Additional resources can be tied to progression, stamina (excuse me), shield/overshield, health, and so forth; or be used as unlocks, rewards, mini-games and the like.

The advantage was that only the inertia-shield (or any other mechanism there) needs to be balanced to avoid early-engagement disbalance; and that the monstrous work of balancing each weapon can be avoided, delayed, or done one by one; while the shield can be tied to other systems as well, for instance in terms of a mild stacking advantage in other mission types.

PHOBIE

No spawn point changes? think I'll continue disregarding PvP until me & my friends dont spawn in LINE OF SIGHT.

On a lighter note, thanks for the hard work you and the team are putting in to make this mode a success, and hope future changes are for the good, from a players point of view.

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

I hope you guys consider the utility and the damage capabilities of the weapons.

A weapon which can copter properly works better in pvp. However if you just consider Tempo royale's damage as the offender here, its going to be kinda ugly because those slow weapons are not useable as a copter tool. You are stuck with it and if you are going to use your melee as your primary damage tool on Close quarters, you need to deal proper amounts of damage. Most of the time you lose against people who uses kogake etc because they are faster. If im going to fail at damage part with a Heavy weapon, just put it out of conclaves and be done with it since its already boring with fast weapons coptering the whole map within seconds but thats another story.