Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Depressed :(

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

I'm in such a rut, I can't find a job no matter where I apply. Alot of jobs want experience in their field but offer no entry level jobs to get experience. I've thrown myself into warframe because it makes me feel like a winner but when i turn it off I feel like a loser. Its so easy to make money in warframe but so hard to make it in real life. Any tips?

Buy a booster

But srsly

Work something that can sustain you for the time being like at maybe Walmart or something. While you're doing that, look for something you are genuinely interested in. Hone your skills in that area, then do what you love.

Now if only I can get off my lazy bum and hone MY skills in that one thing I love...

Edited by Drunkenbagel

git gud...

jk...

find a little of easy job even it if means having a job at McDonald's or Walmart... or customer service representative. Start small and make some progress. Do not dwell in whatever pressure you get.

git gud...

jk...

find a little of easy job even it if means having a job at McDonald's or Walmart... or customer service representative. Start small and make some progress. Do not dwell in whatever pressure you get.

This is the best advice here.

If you have a good memory (usually gamers do) and are in decent health consider getting a job at a restaurant as a waiter.  Even washing dishes, etc.  

My first couple of jobs when I was young were working at restaurants.  You'll get your hands dirty, but there's always work.

Good luck to you.

Don't worry man, it's just a phase of life that all people go through at one point or another.

Just keep searching, eventually you'll find the right job

Right, its all math.

you have an x% percent chance to get a job every time you apply, so if you just keep going you will find something sooner or later.

Just don't give up on it.

EDIT:

also this:

git gud...

jk...

Edited by Dawn11715

If you have to start at the bottom somewhere, do so. I know someone who was giving tours for Japanese people at the 2012 Olympics in London... in Japanese. He is fluent in the language, but suffers from dyslexia and was forced to handwrite his exam despite having done almost all uni work on a computer. This meant he got a 2:2, and most headhunters big CVs with that result. He ended up having to get a job just plugging in data at HSBC. We hope that once they find out just how good he really is in the language things will get better.

Just keep looking bro !

Life really sucks sometimes...

Hell I work a full time and part time job just to stay on top and the depression is still there ,

Warframe is a great get away,

And just like the game you gotta grind real life too,

And know looking for a job and applying is the worst !

But once you find one you'll be laughing ,

So stay confidant man and just keep grinding :)

First off if you are doing apps online for a job they are very stringent. If the assessment gives you choices like strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, and strongly disagree, always pick the extremes and never pick the other two. Just to get an interview you need to pass a certain score. Stronglies are like 2 points, then 1 for agree/disagree, and 0 for neutral. So if it is 50 questions and the goal is 190 points, you'd have to answer a lot of strongly. Also wrong answers will get you points off. Now when I was working I worked for Sykes, which is a work from home phone company and I got to work for Xbox. They are super easy to work for, but you need to invest like 100 bucks for like a phone and headset.

I'm in such a rut, I can't find a job no matter where I apply. Alot of jobs want experience in their field but offer no entry level jobs to get experience. I've thrown myself into warframe because it makes me feel like a winner but when i turn it off I feel like a loser. Its so easy to make money in warframe but so hard to make it in real life. Any tips?

First, turn off Warframe (the game, for now). You have a more serious life's matter needing your attention for now.

Second, seriously look for a job, or jobs. Customer service is the most easily to get in. Depending on your field, csv is the most easily to get and will get you foot in the doors, or at least something to add up in your resume, as a stepping stone. Or you can continue look for job that's closer to your level... but be serious.

Third, seriously work on your resume. Don't blind shoot 100 resume a day, or you just make yourself a spam to recruiters. And that's bad. At first you it may take you a day to tailor a resume to apply to just one job. And that's ok. Take one baby step at a time. After a week, you can easily tailor 5 different resume and apply 5 jobs... So eventually, the longer you're not getting an offer, the more specialized you are applying and getting even higher chances to get offers day by day.

Find out where your skills lie, find out what kind of jobs those skills apply to, apply for those jobs. You may also want to consider further education.