Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Founders

Rhundis

I know that, if your like me, one of the founders who is not invited to the design council, it would be a cool idea if DE made a test server for their upcoming builds that would allow all founders to play test the upcoming builds.

I say this not only because it will allow them to squash bugs in a controlled environment, but also because it gives us lower ranked founders more of an opportunity to feel like we actually have the title.

Right now it only shows me as a founder on the forums and there are no added perks to this besides the in game content. I don't understand why all founders don't have access to the design council but this is just one idea on my part.

I don't know maybe I'm just complaining, still its an interesting concept to say the least and I'm open to suggestions to improve the idea.

*shrug* Hunter's still got Excal, Disciples didn't get anything but badges and a sigil.

That said, DE selects up to 25 forum members a month from all facets (PC,Xbox, and PS) to join Design Council.

I know that, if your like me, one of the founders who is not invited to the design council, it would be a cool idea if DE made a test server for their upcoming builds that would allow all founders to play test the upcoming builds.

You can still get into the DC (I am also)

and a big [size=5]NOPE[/size] towards the Test server. De did this before (With the raids) and they took trustful people, not just people with money ;)

*shrug* Hunter's still got Excal, Disciples didn't get anything but badges and a sigil.

That said, DE selects up to 25 forum members a month from all facets (PC,Xbox, and PS) to join Design Council.

I know this is slightly derailing from the op's original topic, however how do they select members? Do they just simply base it on who spammed the most posts in topics?

I know this is slightly derailing from the op's original topic, however how do they select members? Do they just simply base it on who spammed the most posts in topics?

AFAIK it's some combination of Dev, Mod, and current DC member input.  Post count has less to do with it though, and more to do with how constructive you are with your postings.

Edited by Gelkor

Because spoilers. And people would leak info from the test builds if all founders had access to the Test/Dev builds off the game.

Also, people are being brought into the design council every month based on their participation within the community. As for why not all founders have access, it's because it was one of the higher tier "thank you" perks, it allowed people to view and vote on proposed/unreleased content and affect some of what gets put into the game. $20 for that kind of perk is way underpriced, in my opinion.

As for a test server, trusted players picked by DE would have to be the testers (they need to be trustworthy in that they won't leak information to non-testers), so that confidentiality can be maintained. Such players would probably be active community members who have interacted with the developers and have shown that they can be trusted with confidential information about upcoming content. Sort of like the Guides of the Lotus.

When they opened it up they mentioned something about quality of feedback, not quantity.

I, for instance, post only fairly often, but when I put feedback, I try to be as detailed as possible, which I'm guessing is why I was selected. If there are any other factor, I'd assume it'd be behavioural.

I know that, if your like me, one of the founders who is not invited to the design council

Right now it only shows me as a founder on the forums and there are no added perks to this besides the in game content. I don't understand why all founders don't have access to the design council but this is just one idea on my part.

I don't know maybe I'm just complaining, still its an interesting concept to say the least and I'm open to suggestions to improve the idea.

#1 - Founders was not an invitation, but you paid for the extra perk to be part of the design council, you offered a higher level of early support to DE and the team. If you wanted access to DC then you should have put out the extra in the beginning for immediate access and not be as you put it clearly complaining you do not have a perk someone else does.

#2 - There are forum members who are regularly invited to DC based on how much they help the community and rather than whine or complain they roll up their sleeves and put effort into supporting everyone.

#3 - Test servers for what; more information leaks? We have dealt with datmining for a while and honestly I get sick of people posting comments on my YT channel about what the datamine found. I don't want to know in advance I like being surprised. If however, there is a small trusted group and I was invited I would not share the information same as I do not share information with any other testing phases of games I am under NDA's on. It is not proper to leak information ever.

Because spoilers. And people would leak info from the test builds if all founders had access to the Test/Dev builds off the game.

Also, people are being brought into the design council every month based on their participation within the community. As for why not all founders have access, it's because it was one of the higher tier "thank you" perks, it allowed people to view and vote on proposed/unreleased content and affect some of what gets put into the game. $20 for that kind of perk is way underpriced, in my opinion.

As for a test server, trusted players picked by DE would have to be the testers (they need to be trustworthy in that they won't leak information to non-testers), so that confidentiality can be maintained. Such players would probably be active community members who have interacted with the developers and have shown that they can be trusted with confidential information about upcoming content. Sort of like the Guides of the Lotus.

You make some valid points, but wasn't the hunter perk $60? I find that more than reasonable to allow for design council. But I don't make the rules here so what DE says goes I guess.

I don't mean to sound rude if I come across that way, its been a long day and "ducks aren't all in a row" right now.

Thanks for the feedback though, it was well received.

I say this not only because it will allow them to squash bugs in a controlled environment, but also because it gives us lower ranked founders more of an opportunity to feel like we actually have the title.

The average player computer simply can't handle these software. Before DE optimise them to allow gamer computer to run it.

Edited by angias