Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.5.1

DE_Adam

Audio no longer works when tabbing to other programs.  :(  Please fix this, as many of us use TeamSpeak, Skype, Wiki, Deathsnacks, etc while in-game.

Otherwise, looking forward to playing the new stuff! :D

You may want to check https://warframe.com/news/devstream-52-overview.

The last paragraph. It is an option that you can turn on or off.

• Players will be able to turn off audio when Warframe is minimized or alt-tabbed in 16.5.

Those bugs were fixed a long time ago. I have not had either happen to me in months.

I am still having them, so I can safely say they haven't been fixed.

When did you last play Ash? Try it, I am sure you will fall off the map in a Void Survival eventually.

I had a close call today, was placed outside an elevator shaft wall. Luckily there was a small "rim" which allowed me to inch my way around and teleport to an enemy and out of the wall.

Edited by SoanoS

After an update I feel like performance is much worse than it was. I get constant frame drops and freezes, especially in pvp, which is absolutely unacceptable. Even in liset I don't see a smooth performance, I hope you'll do something about it.

Still not fixed problem with rotated front sigil and invisible syndicate syandanas.

In pvp whichever arsenal slot I pick before the game starts, I always get the default one.

you might want to fix the neural senors in the market..

and that the new event mission goes off the screen if you have done it more than 3 times

Edited by TheColdReaper

I'm in love with sealab. The bunkbed room is fantastic. There are many alternate entrances to huge ammouns of rooms (things covered by grates, fans, or just small unnoticed holes to crawl through.) There's a lot of potential for advanced movement (especially airborn melee, without the crouching) especially in the 1-to-4 rooms with the green-and-red signs that say what doors are open.

I'll be honest here, I think this event will cap my warframe time for the next few months.  The reasoning is quite simple, but I think it needs to be stated.

1) Broken updates.

Seriously, whomever is doing QA needs to be reassigned.  Each new release is a bug fiesta, and just getting a game that doesn't crash is becoming more and more difficult.  This trend is getting worse as time goes on, and the standard response of "but it's patched quick" is nonsensical.  Either release good working code, or tell us it's being withheld for QA verification and is coming in the next week.

2) No schedule

I don't need a date.  I don't need a time.  What I need is a ballpark, and consistency.  If you release on Wednesday, release it Wednesday.  Give us an idea a couple weeks out of what is coming.  You've got a website that spends as much time linking to streams as it does announcing events.  If you set up a box that had the upcoming releases, listed about two weeks out, I could know when to expect things.  The constant need to watch an hour long dev stream to figure out what is brewing is frustrating.  Make me want to watch it, not have it as the only concrete source of information.

3) Communication

None with the community at large.  I've heard from some founders that they receive some more, but are frustrated that they seem to be ignored just as much.  This really goes back to point two, but it needs to be restated as it seems like someone decided a live stream answering a couple of softball questions is enough interaction.  It isn't, and the community interaction on every section of these forums should indicate that.

4) Lack of reasonable goals

I'm not sure how to broach this gently, so allow me to be blunt.  Your follow through absolutely sucks.  I've played the game for about 7 months, and things that were broken then are still broken.  Promises in dev streams have yet to be fulfilled.  Worst of all, new features are abandoned before they become anything.  Let's look at archwing as a whipping boy.  It was released with two possible archwings, a hand full of weapons, and a difficulty scaling that was (and remains) punishing.  In the last six months what we've received is one extra archwing, a primed version of an archwing, and a doubling of the weapons available.  No new missions, no balancing, and a profound need to grind missions for the parts.  Care for something else, I've been hearing "we're going to blow up the void" since December.  Still nothing to that, other that "update 17" maybe.

5) Half baked responses

Again, I need to be blunt.  I hear "we've moved people from team x to team y" more often than is sane.  Team x might be working on the next release, and have to be dragged back to optimization of multiple threading due to issues with a console release of trials.  I'm speaking from what I've interpreted from your own streams, so excuse the inaccuracy.  What matters is that ping-ponging people around produces a crap response both for the new content, and the stuff they need to fix.  Please, have people follow through on their own work.  I'm tired of hearing that everyone has been reassigned, and I would be righteously angry if it were me being flung around to cover gaps in the game.  I don't feel as though this is an irrational statement, given the pokes offered during streams.

6) Dishonesty

This is my penultimate point, so please bear with me.  Go to your steam page, and there's no mention of beta status.  This used to be clear, and simple to understand.  The game is unfinished, so it isn't perfect.  I get that.  I even get the whole need to buy a ton of inventory slots to get the game going.  The business model is fair, and isn't blatantly pay to win.  This is laudable.  Problem is, that the beta tag has been removed.  It's inherently dishonest to remove the beta tag, then use PC users as guinea pigs for console releases.  While you can say that the beta is implied, I don't think it's reasonable to construe it as anything but dishonesty.  If you want our understanding when an update breaks more than it adds you need to be on the level.  I'm not seeing that.

7) Burnout and power creep

The former topic is simple.  After 7 months I'm stuck at MR 18 and grinding crap.  I grind through the void for parts, to sell for a pittance, so I can trade for the one item Baro brings every fortnight .  I grind syndicate missions to get keys to grind the void.  I grind weapons because anything worth having required 4-6 forma.  I grind specific areas for the rare resource that drops, so I can make one forma every day.  That much grinding has removed most of the fun for me.

Fear of power creep is making this game a frustrating grind.  Realistically, there are maybe 5 or six primary weapons capable of high level play.  There are about the same number of secondaries, and melee weapons.  Players are encouraged to synergize warframe abilities, because they're capped on power to prevent power creep.  New weapons haven't yet replaced months old weapons in the higher tiers, because that would introduce power creep.  Honestly, stop being so afraid of power creep.  Steal from Warcraft if you really can't think of a way to fix it for yourself.  Power creep fear drives a generally lackluster churning of new items, that are mastery rank fodder.  The dozenth new weapon, that is too weak to use, is getting old quickly. 

Finally, combine both of these topics into the trials.  I know the trials are supposed to be a way to get everyone together, but why should I care.  The rewards are limited, for fear of power creep.  The game mode just isn't fun, as I can't get 7 friends together to play.  Public groups aren't exactly a possibility, because tight organization is needed.  Why introduce a new game mode that is limited because of your design restrictions.  It's like installing a new tenno racing simulator in the game, that rewards players with fun bucks.  Each fun buck is redeemable for a single new randomly chosen color.  You can argue that it is something valuable, but the grind required to get anything that actually makes the game better is insane.

As this is unlikely to be read, and less likely to be responded to, allow me to close in the only appropriate manner possible:

Origin

Uplay

Securom

These are the things which have killed my love for video games, and made me see them as an industry.  After Guild Wars 2 I wanted to add "Grind" to the list, but I was told this game would change my mind.  Never have I found a game that so confounded me.  I love the premise, and when the execution is right the game is peerless.  At the same time, those nuggets of gold are buried in the turd of RNG, poor optimization, random crashing, pitiful communication with the player base, and scatter shot quality.  I don't need a weekly content patch.  What I need is somebody at DE to grind like the community does, and then implement changes that will make it fun for them.  Please.  I can't make it simpler.  Please.

Could have sworn DE said at one point they don't want players to grind.

And yet these new resource blueprints that cost 100 plat(P2W?) require such a tropical-rainstorm of materials for one single creation it's a wonder players have any time to play the game(Is grinding playing?). not to mention the amount of resources to craft the weapon to craft the weapon to craft the new weapon *cough* Dual Raza that isn't even better than the original resource sink that the weapons used to craft them were. 

>Digress. 

DE, you play your own game right? for fun? 

While I'm past my one thousandth hour and second post. Curious, when can we craft slots? the one thing stopping hundreds of players and dear friends of mine from even getting into warframe? And can we get a "campaign" now that the game's out of Beta? And the story not be a series of limited time events. 

Edited by Romanji

Hi this is my first time. I´m kinda new at this but i don´t now where to ask.

is it normal that if i don´t want to accept to be on open beta i cant play the game? because i´m not sure about this part of the agreement. But specially the number 5

2. Digital Extremes owns every aspect of the game Warframe. No created content, weapons, names, accounts, or any items within the game belong to the account holder. The game license between you and Warframe is limited and does not grant you any ownership rights for the Open Beta or the Game.

5. Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

6. During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

Edited by JMB78

There seems to be a bug with Vauban's Vortex where it seems to last for a quick burst of half a second before stopping and leaving the grenade hanging in the air. It seemed to stay for longer some times when nothing was being sucked up.

Hi, noticed 2 issues, check the screenshots:

In this one, check the mini map, someone was using the enemy aura, and some enemies appeared on the mini map, to never leave again, new enemies no longer appear, it's like it just stopped refreshing enemy positions.

kh9EyG5.jpg

In this its just that it shows [PLAYER_NAME] instead of the name.

yUbRSIr.jpg

I'll be honest here, I think this event will cap my warframe time for the next few months.  The reasoning is quite simple, but I think it needs to be stated.

1) Broken updates.

Seriously, whomever is doing QA needs to be reassigned.  Each new release is a bug fiesta, and just getting a game that doesn't crash is becoming more and more difficult.  This trend is getting worse as time goes on, and the standard response of "but it's patched quick" is nonsensical.  Either release good working code, or tell us it's being withheld for QA verification and is coming in the next week.

2) No schedule

I don't need a date.  I don't need a time.  What I need is a ballpark, and consistency.  If you release on Wednesday, release it Wednesday.  Give us an idea a couple weeks out of what is coming.  You've got a website that spends as much time linking to streams as it does announcing events.  If you set up a box that had the upcoming releases, listed about two weeks out, I could know when to expect things.  The constant need to watch an hour long dev stream to figure out what is brewing is frustrating.  Make me want to watch it, not have it as the only concrete source of information.

3) Communication

None with the community at large.  I've heard from some founders that they receive some more, but are frustrated that they seem to be ignored just as much.  This really goes back to point two, but it needs to be restated as it seems like someone decided a live stream answering a couple of softball questions is enough interaction.  It isn't, and the community interaction on every section of these forums should indicate that.

4) Lack of reasonable goals

I'm not sure how to broach this gently, so allow me to be blunt.  Your follow through absolutely sucks.  I've played the game for about 7 months, and things that were broken then are still broken.  Promises in dev streams have yet to be fulfilled.  Worst of all, new features are abandoned before they become anything.  Let's look at archwing as a whipping boy.  It was released with two possible archwings, a hand full of weapons, and a difficulty scaling that was (and remains) punishing.  In the last six months what we've received is one extra archwing, a primed version of an archwing, and a doubling of the weapons available.  No new missions, no balancing, and a profound need to grind missions for the parts.  Care for something else, I've been hearing "we're going to blow up the void" since December.  Still nothing to that, other that "update 17" maybe.

5) Half baked responses

Again, I need to be blunt.  I hear "we've moved people from team x to team y" more often than is sane.  Team x might be working on the next release, and have to be dragged back to optimization of multiple threading due to issues with a console release of trials.  I'm speaking from what I've interpreted from your own streams, so excuse the inaccuracy.  What matters is that ping-ponging people around produces a crap response both for the new content, and the stuff they need to fix.  Please, have people follow through on their own work.  I'm tired of hearing that everyone has been reassigned, and I would be righteously angry if it were me being flung around to cover gaps in the game.  I don't feel as though this is an irrational statement, given the pokes offered during streams.

6) Dishonesty

This is my penultimate point, so please bear with me.  Go to your steam page, and there's no mention of beta status.  This used to be clear, and simple to understand.  The game is unfinished, so it isn't perfect.  I get that.  I even get the whole need to buy a ton of inventory slots to get the game going.  The business model is fair, and isn't blatantly pay to win.  This is laudable.  Problem is, that the beta tag has been removed.  It's inherently dishonest to remove the beta tag, then use PC users as guinea pigs for console releases.  While you can say that the beta is implied, I don't think it's reasonable to construe it as anything but dishonesty.  If you want our understanding when an update breaks more than it adds you need to be on the level.  I'm not seeing that.

7) Burnout and power creep

The former topic is simple.  After 7 months I'm stuck at MR 18 and grinding crap.  I grind through the void for parts, to sell for a pittance, so I can trade for the one item Baro brings every fortnight .  I grind syndicate missions to get keys to grind the void.  I grind weapons because anything worth having required 4-6 forma.  I grind specific areas for the rare resource that drops, so I can make one forma every day.  That much grinding has removed most of the fun for me.

Fear of power creep is making this game a frustrating grind.  Realistically, there are maybe 5 or six primary weapons capable of high level play.  There are about the same number of secondaries, and melee weapons.  Players are encouraged to synergize warframe abilities, because they're capped on power to prevent power creep.  New weapons haven't yet replaced months old weapons in the higher tiers, because that would introduce power creep.  Honestly, stop being so afraid of power creep.  Steal from Warcraft if you really can't think of a way to fix it for yourself.  Power creep fear drives a generally lackluster churning of new items, that are mastery rank fodder.  The dozenth new weapon, that is too weak to use, is getting old quickly. 

Finally, combine both of these topics into the trials.  I know the trials are supposed to be a way to get everyone together, but why should I care.  The rewards are limited, for fear of power creep.  The game mode just isn't fun, as I can't get 7 friends together to play.  Public groups aren't exactly a possibility, because tight organization is needed.  Why introduce a new game mode that is limited because of your design restrictions.  It's like installing a new tenno racing simulator in the game, that rewards players with fun bucks.  Each fun buck is redeemable for a single new randomly chosen color.  You can argue that it is something valuable, but the grind required to get anything that actually makes the game better is insane.

As this is unlikely to be read, and less likely to be responded to, allow me to close in the only appropriate manner possible:

Origin

Uplay

Securom

These are the things which have killed my love for video games, and made me see them as an industry.  After Guild Wars 2 I wanted to add "Grind" to the list, but I was told this game would change my mind.  Never have I found a game that so confounded me.  I love the premise, and when the execution is right the game is peerless.  At the same time, those nuggets of gold are buried in the turd of RNG, poor optimization, random crashing, pitiful communication with the player base, and scatter shot quality.  I don't need a weekly content patch.  What I need is somebody at DE to grind like the community does, and then implement changes that will make it fun for them.  Please.  I can't make it simpler.  Please.

UZc3Ek.jpg

Can someone care to explain how can i have the badge in the warframe, but the game says i don't have it yet?

87D6XM9.jpg

Also, How can i have had 20 cores as reward in my inbox, and still the game shows i've done none of the runs?

yUbRSIr.jpg

Im confused, the game seems even buggier than before.

I mean, in the previous events i didn't lose progress, and now i had done 2 "runs" relogged, all gone, but hey! at least i can farm silver cores huh!?

EDIT: From Another view:

yccZV7s.jpg

Edited by carecaplatonico

Awesome, as always. Events <3 

As well as a skin for arrows.. <33

But.. when will the Paris Prime wep ever get a skin or be allowed to choose the own colours?

Been waiting for this.. Boltor P recieved it, now its time for the other prime weps!:D