Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atomos Is Disappointing.

Aretak

Instead of getting a mini plasma cannon thing similar to the Megaman or Samus Aran vibe it gives off, it's just a mini fire based Amprex with nothing particularly stand out.

1) Small ammo pool.

2) Very limited range, even for a continuous weapon.

3) Its zoom could've been a charge up projectile or grenade as there's no reason for a weapon with such tiny range to have such a large zoom.

4) The chain effect also has a tiny range.

5) More to personal taste but it feels like using a super soaker/water gun.

Hopefully we'll see a proper arm cannon in the future.

First continuous sidearm from the Grineer since the Nukor. Heat-based Gammacor works out well for me so far. Its 15-ish meter range isn't all that bad considering the chaining beam.

Satisfactory mechanics-wise, but I'm dumping Forma to see just how much of a killing spree you can go on with it. Here's my tentative build putting out 15k sustained DPS (BEFORE ELEMENTAL RESISTANCES) with around 50% status chance per second. http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Atomos/t_30_22233003_193-1-5-196-5-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-4-5-212-3-3-328-6-3-487-7-10_204-7-193-6-206-6-212-9-209-6-196-11-328-7-487-8/en/3-0-69/58262/0

Edited by Sonitorum

Well a plasma cannon would be cool, but the Atomas is actually pretty decent.

I'm much more disappointed about the Miter. I wanted something like the Razorjack from Unreal back in the day. Instead, after all the grinding, I got this slow-firing piece of junk.

Volt's shield still got dat range tho

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

You'll be sorely disappointed because shield causes the flame to visually spread, obscuring your view so much you can't aim with this thing.

I have no problem with new weapons being something other than god tier. There was a time when these boards actually flamed DE for powercreep when that's what was put in. I guess they can't win on that front.

I have a BIG problem with DE's continuation of the the D polarity in the first slot and frankly I'm tired of the bait-and-switch answer about getting better D polarity mods maybe and Soon. The problem is it's IN THE FIRST SLOT. We have been explaining why that's bad since Damage 2.0 was brand new and they intentionally made the polarity swap feature require forma to use.

Edited by VKhaun

For a raw damage beam weapon with fire as it's base damage and only 15m range, it's surprisingly more effective than I thought it would be. Seems to cook even armored Grineer decently fast and without burning through it's ammo at Amprex speed, and it gets points for being able to chain through crowds. Although I've only really used it on mid-level content so far, but without a notable status or crit-chance I am concerned how viable this thing will actually be on damage alone. But hey, it's satisfying to use, so I guess it's at least worth building.

BUUUUUUT:

I have a BIG problem with DE's continuation of the the D polarity in the first slot and frankly I'm tired of the bait-and-switch answer about getting better D polarity mods maybe and Soon. The problem is it's IN THE FIRST SLOT. We have been explaining why that's bad since Damage 2.0 was brand new and they intentionally made the polarity swap feature require forma to use.

This. Why DE? Just, WHY???

i`ve used it and put 2 forma on it, it does however have a few annoying problems

1. very often you will get really long ghost images of the beam where you have fired it with fire bursts at random points, these do not disappear and also play a continuous firing sound of the atomos when you get near.

2. as others have said the ammo goes to quickly / magazine is too small for a weapon that fires that quickly.

3. when fired as a mirage with the clones up the beams hit clones and the player and splash the plasma everywhere making it hard to see

4. why, in the name of god, do you continue to put D polaritys on secondaries when they have NO useful mods of that polarity to use?

overall the performance, not taking into account the stupidly small magazine and fast ammo consumption, is really good, especially with a mirage, and i do really like beam weapons

Edited by Romalic

D polarty was troublesome when the ice mods have that low value (60% dmg/ 9 pts) and you had to replace it (eventually) by an event mod (60% dmg/ 7pts only but a different polarity).

Right now the ice mods have all 90% dmg/ 11 pts, so why are you all arguing about it?

I have in the past formated weapons that already have a D polarity in that sole purpose. Now it is fine, over, finished. No need to worry.

Since Damage 2.0, if you don't play with elements, then you're doing it wrong.

About the Atomos, i will just blame DE for their inability to understand the necessity to have range on weapons.

And nope, Ruinous Extension isn't the solution.

When you have to correct defaults of weapons, you're already reducing their range of efficiency. (Reload time, magazine capacity and range...).

If it doesn't then I would imagine it's unintentional.

The reach/extension mods always affect chaining

Yeah, Ruinous does effect chaining. With it, 2 forma, (+kept the D), got to 30 minutes Nuovo, Ceres, without ammo mutation on it. Ran out of ammo once or twice. Just aim before clicking (clicking not holding lmb) and it goes surprisingly far. The chain effect helps a lot with going through hordes in seconds. Grineer level 60 - trash mobs dropping in an instant, heavy units taking about a 1.5 or so seconds to drop. It's actually quite potent, but when I got it, without Ruinous Extension it felt super weak, had to look up wiki and discover it has a chaining effect.

Only downside same as the rest of continuous beam weapons is the utter garbage proc rate.

About the Atomos, i will just blame DE for their inability to understand the necessity to have range on weapons.

And nope, Ruinous Extension isn't the solution.

When you have to correct defaults of weapons, you're already reducing their range of efficiency. (Reload time, magazine capacity and range...).

Got to agree with this. 15m is bad, and maybe wouldn't be so bad if the chaining was dunno, half of that or so, but without RE it was so short I barely saw it.

With it, all of a sudden it's wiping rooms, making it a must have mod, not a preference.