Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please... Stop Manipulating The Event Outcome.

Nomicakes

I'm not sure how to phrase this, so here goes.

"Mind your own business".

The losing party in a war WOULD up the ante, to get warriors to fight for them. We are mercenaries. This is what we DO.

If we're following this "Up the ante" logic Alad V would've caught up with Nef Anyo by now in terms of rewards.

Okay... so if anyone remembers Gravidus, it wasn't rigged, it was set up like this: Grineer offer better rewards at start, then they offer equal rewards, then in the last leg, Corpus would offer better rewards.

The idea was, this would cause a couple disruptions in who held the lead and keep the conflict interesting. Instead, everyone sided with Grineer from the get-go and never looked back. My point is, these "advantages" were written in from day one to create an interesting conflict, it wasn't strictly reactional to the Grineer's domination.

I believe that this is the exact same situation. Nef Anyo is offering better rewards now, but the event still has a long way to go. Later on, Alad V will offer better rewards, and it will be another test to see if players are willing to undo their progress with Nef to acquire them.

To repeat, this is not reactional, it's not rigged, it was written this way to start.

I wish it were more like the gravidus dilemma where you could join both sides and not worry about maintains that four for the Karak or dera

Broken, but we were happy :p

In gravidus u still needed 100 on 1 side to qualify.

If you did 100 but 50/50 split between both, you get nothing except the Machete wraith.

Edited by fatpig84

It was probably already like this. I would program it like this.

It's not "manipulating" the event, OP. If the two sides had equal compensations, at this point Alad would be using Nef Anyo to sweep the floor. Giving an edge to the loser is a good idea to keep some excitement.

It's not a bug. You have discovered how the event works. Congratulations.

It's a super-complicated mathematical model where each battle counts one.

Bwahahahaha!

1. If it weren't for rewards bouncing back and forth, Alad would be winning every single match. I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that.

2. Rewards getting better for the underdog is not something limited to this event. It happens with every single invasion.

Yes, it nowhere states that. That's why I congratulated you for "discovering" how the even works. None of us knew until we tried. Now we know.

Running the opposite faction makes you lose points.

isn't this how normal faction conflicts are?

How do you know, it wasn't set up already like this?

Enjoy the rewards, stop complaining. Bunch of ungrateful Tenno's. Ends 20th May. Don't enjoy the event? get 4/4 and leave.

OP has a very valid point.  It isn't ungrateful to want the event to play out on it's own without interference.  The end reward notwithstanding, having all the rewards be so heavily in favor of Nef is a blatant manipulation of the event's outcome.  There is literally no way you could explain away how  the current reward scheme is an attempt to force an outcome.  In the end, it may not play out like that, who knows.  Alad could still win just from enough players saying, "screw the rewards, I want the gun". 

There is no reason for you to immediately insult the OP or anyone that agrees with him simply because you don't agree.  OP wants the event to play out naturally.  Artificially skewing the event cheapens the result.

Edit: AS an example; 20 Uncommon 5s (Alad), vs 25 Rare 5s (Nef) isn't "slightly favoring the underdog".  That's not even a choice for any new or old player that has primed mods (which take more than 500 R5s to max) to level.

Edited by Korvun

The amount of people I see in this thread supporting salad V disgusts me.  Yeah RIGHT you're doing it because you like him.  You just want that karak wraith.  Can't say I blame you...

Me?  I'm 100% for the grineer.  Eliminating salad V is top priority.  If you're gonna destroy the research, definitely don't take it a step further and give it to the guy who made the amped up infested.  Honestly what is wrong with you.

GRINEER ARE SUPREME. HAIL THE QUEENS.

YOU ARE TENNO SCUM IF YOU ASSOCIATE YOURSELVES WITH THE WRETCHED JELLYFISH

GET KLEM.

Edited by Althran

Already posted in another thread but

The first one was credits both sides : AladV won

Next two (maybe three?) Neffy offered credits and the jellyfish offered Cores : Surprise AladV continued winning

Then it swapped to Neffy offering 25 cores vs 20 cores : Neffy won

Don't know after that.

jellyman having better rewards initially having better rewards and then it swinging the other ways is how invasions work.

Depends if you remember the time when the Corpus were nearly wiped out of the origin system with everyone farming the Brakk.

At that point the better rewards from the losing side was implemented.

Thing is, Alad V hasn't offered anything better than U5 cores. Anyo has been throwing R5 and potatoes everywhere.

With this event, it is clear you saw the overwhelming favor given to Alad V, regardless of what reward was offered, so you chose to artificially alter the rewards given to cause greed to overwhelm peoples' choices, instead of the moral/character choice the majority were basing their run choice on.

Oh give me an effing break.  "moral choice?"  really?  There is no moral choice in the game.  People simply choose the weapon they wanted.

Look, I'm all for DE doing what they're doing by see-sawing the rewards back and forth.  I can respect a position that says "Let the people choose the weapon they want."  But not some sanctimonious "You're affecting people's moral choice" argument.

Anyway, look at what DE is actually doing.  They are throwing BPs & large amounts of cores at people.  THROWING THEM. 

Just be grateful and catch them.

Thing is, Alad V hasn't offered anything better than U5 cores. Anyo has been throwing R5 and potatoes everywhere.

But was giving 20 uncommong cores while Nef was giving 50000 credits that can be earned in 15 minutes which is a HUGE difference, and it was happening few times one after another, Only reason Alad got so many points so quickly was because everyone prefered cores over credits, now that rewards become equal, battles end nowhere near as fast as during first day.

But was giving 20 uncommong cores while Nef was giving 50000 credits that can be earned in 15 minutes which is a HUGE difference, and it was happening few times one after another, Only reason Alad got so many points so quickly was because everyone prefered cores over credits, now that rewards become equal, battles end nowhere near as fast as during first day.

With each "round" Nef offered more creds - 75, 100, 150k creds, not just 50k. And I don't think people just went for the cores because earning 20 uncommons isn't all that hard...

With each "round" Nef offered more creds - 75, 100, 150k creds, not just 50k. And I don't think people just went for the cores because earning 20 uncommons isn't all that hard...

credits are still much easier, especially since we got also double credits from kubrow event, which made cores as reward much more interesting. There is another reason why people didnt want to switch side to Nef: many people believe in rumor that losers will only get blueprints of winner side reward, so to them 150k credits is nothing compared to chance to lose potatoed weapon with slot.

Already posted in another thread but 

The first one was credits both sides : AladV won

Next two (maybe three?) Neffy offered credits and the jellyfish offered Cores : Surprise AladV continued winning

Then it swapped to Neffy offering 25 cores vs 20 cores : Neffy won 

Don't know after that.

jellyman having better rewards initially having better rewards and then it swinging the other ways is how invasions work.

Depends if you remember the time when the Corpus were nearly wiped out of the origin system with everyone farming the Brakk.  

At that point the better rewards from the losing side was implemented.

Ah the great Corpus purge of 2014. Good times.